Page 172 of 398 FirstFirst ... 72122162170171172173174182222272 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,720 of 3977

Thread: Healthier_Kathi (AKA PediDoc) page 172

Pedidoc is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    My favorite was the night nurse bringing me saltine crackers to eat so I wouldn't get nauseated with Percocet. I told her I have a gluten allergy (trust me easier than trying to explain) and she said but you can have crackers...........
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Kikiperpie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedidoc View Post
    but you can have crackers...........
    Seriously, and they let her look after people? Yes I know you're diabetic but you can have a bag of sugar. It did make me snort unattractively though.
    I'm not saying lets kill all the stupid people in the world, I'm just saying let's remove all the warning labels and let the problem take care of itself.

When I told her no, flour is flour she was like, but what can you take so you won't get nauseous? I told her the doc had ordered IV zofran for that. Her response - oh, I didn't think of that. Mind you it was the night after a 7 hour surgery and I was on a morphine pump (wouldn't need the Percocet if she hadn't let the pump run out) and I was using more brain cells than she was.

The diet aide was priceless in the morning, toast - no, it has gluten, oatmeal, no its a grain, well what can you eat. Omlet, fresh fruit, coffee. Two bites of nasty fake egg omlet, all the fresh fruit, and most of the coffee was consumed.
    Female 53

I hope you at least got to eat the little butter pats they serve with the toast. Yes hospital food is pretty disgusting wherever you are then. Eggs are probably powdered. (Isn't that from the war?) when I was in for my cardiac stuff I spent about 10 days in hospital and lost 7 pounds while lying in bed doing no exercise at all. I also spent 3 months in hospital while expecting no.1 son and people just brought me food all the time. There was no way I was going to incubate a healthy baby eating the crap they were serving in the hospital and that was pre PB. I never liked white bread.

Anyway I hope you prepared and froze loads in advance. You couldn't fail to thrive on all the amazing food I have been reading about in your journal.

I feel sorry for that nurse though, she probably thought she was doing you a favour by offering food instead of more drugs. She obviously had no idea of the formidable force she was dealing with!
    I'm not saying lets kill all the stupid people in the world, I'm just saying let's remove all the warning labels and let the problem take care of itself.

I prepared fairly well. Bone broth, homemade organic gelatin jigglers, pre cooked stuff to add to eggs, primal crackers. The first week my mom, DS, and DH cooked for me from my stockpile. After that I sent DS shopping and supervised what they cooked. Lots of slowcooker stuff.
    Female 53

Lol. Supervised what they cooked. I'd be barking orders!

Quote Originally Posted by Kikiperpie View Post
    Lol. Supervised what they cooked. I'd be barking orders!
    May have happened a few times (depending on pain levels, of course!).
    Female 53

My MIL gave me cocodemol (don't know if it has the same name in US) a few years ago for something. I found everything was pretty sweeeeeeeeeet on those bad boys. I was so happy to get off them though. You aren't being a hero with the pain medication are you?

I was, but Siobhan, Greensprout, and Tomi straightened me out.
    Female 53

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedidoc View Post
    I was, but Siobhan, Greensprout, and Tomi straightened me out.
    Now that's positive cyber bullying in action! Lol!