Page 16 of 275 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666116 ... LastLast

Thread: Healthier_Kathi (AKA PediDoc) page 16

Pedidoc is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I've been up for 2 1/2 hours now. Redid some stuff in on-line class as promised to students. Dropped in due dates for all my homework, all the grading I need to do, and some CEUs to renew my certifications into my iPad calendar. My calendar is full and color coded. I'm thinking of lying down and reading for a bit, then I think I will be able to go back to sleep.
    Female 52 travel for business monthly
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Okay I'm committing to putting my dreaded Q (GP's term) down for all to see. I've been playing up and down the same numbers all summer. Thursday 170.6. This morning 167.2. I've not hit the size 8 I wanted to this summer. Hoping following Intro to Paleo will help and tracking. I will also be tracking macros more consistently and excercise will be hopefully resumed and maintained.
    Last edited by Pedidoc; 09-02-2012 at 07:58 AM.

Done quite a bit of on-line research. Found a great site with paleo slow cooker recipes. That usually works better for me with my schedule, so will be redoing my shopping list. I'm going to do a brisket in the slow cooker tomorrow. Kind of making it up as I think about it, but am leaning toward chipotle peppers in adobe sauce, Worcester, dry mustard, salt, pepper for sure. Will put some onion and garlic in the bottom and put meat on top of it. I may trim some fat and leave the rest - I'm afraid there will be too much juice if I don't trim. Lunch was a salad like dinner last night. May or may not eat dinner - not very hungry after late lunch.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    I think you are doing great just to eat primal! Although I understand the desire to hit goals. Do you think your diet is helping you with your challenging schedule? I really feel being primal is helping me tremendously with handling 12-hour night shifts. I wonder if it would have helped me when I was in school?
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. - Henry David Thoreau, Walden

"I'm trying, Hank. I'm trying." - Siobhan

I'm not sick as often. I have more energy. So yes, I think my eating helps me with my schedule. I've been motivated by Siobhan to clean out my closet. I'm getting down the bins and seeing if I can wear anything in there, weeding out, and giving away - or will be when I've got time in my schedule in about 2 weeks. Yup that's how my calendar looks with even making grocery lists and shopping scheduled in. It's not rigid, but it does give me an idea of what I need to accomplish each week. I've been very lazy the last 2 days and have done only what must be done then rescheduled the rest. I'm telling myself that it's okay because I rarely have 2 lazy days in a row!

tomi is online now Senior Member
    You deserve a few light days --- enjoy it completely GUILT FREE!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Do 30-60 days clean primal.
    No grains, sugar, alcohol.
    Eat 3 meals and primal snacks.
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

Thanks Tomi. Sometimes it's hard to give yourself permission to do something and it helps to have it reinforced by someone else. I did process 2 cantaloupes into chunks in the fridge. DS has packed some to take with him at O'Dark 30 when he leaves for work in the morning. I made English cucumber, 1/2 red onion, yellow cherry tomatoes, feta cheese and balsamic vinegar. Put the brisket in the slow cooker - we shall see. Good thing DH and DS are not picky at all and eat anything. Still have 3 mangos to dice, but will do tomorrow. Redid my grocery list based on paleo slow cooker and make ahead meals. Oh and I took an hour nap!

Woke up about 3 - thought I was going to throw up, but instead had other issues (thanks Tomi for getting me sick long distance! ). Took some phenergan (once I start vomiting, I can't stop, so I've always got some just in case plus sometimes it's the only thing that stops my cough). DH and DS both left for work around 4 am (DH cleaned he kitchen and put dogs out first). I just woke up - sluggish due to feeling icky and phenergan. Think I will have coffee, take supplements, let dogs back in, go back to sleep. Brisket smells devine!

Dozed and lazy until about 130 today. Did laundry. Worked a bit on bills, but will finish tomorrow - just feel too icky to do a good job. Coffee with almond milk x 2, canteloupe, brisket, FF (baked - felt good to my tummy). Three lazy days in a row. Lots of little things to do tomorrow, including packing for Austin trip. Tomorrow my PhD semester officially starts - hopefully the PIA instructor will have put in some instructions or I will have to email her. Drives me freaking crazy that she doesn't do her job, but it has made me a better instructor and more sensitive to student needs.

Slept well last night, possibly helped that I paid bills before I went to bed and it was not nagging at me! Water main break this morning, so no water for about 4 hours. Had leftover brisket, 2 eggs, and half an onion in coconut oil for breakfast. 2 cups coffee with almond milk. Big glass of water right now. Feel much better. Will do leftovers again tonight, cucumber salad, sweet potato possibly. Have a massage, mani/pedi this afternoon and need to go by the bank before that. Pack when I get home.