Page 154 of 402 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155156164204254 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,540 of 4013

Thread: Healthier_Kathi (AKA PediDoc) page 154

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Your life sounds exhausting --- but extremely fulfilling as well. You'll be getting that PhD in no time! 18-24 months go by in a flash in this busy world! Especially YOUR busy world!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Things I choose to let go:

All grains - including rice
    Refined sugars
    Legumes - including peanut butter
    Nuts and nut butters
    Alcohol and soda
    Chocolate
    Acidic foods, such as pineapple and tomato
    Coffee and tea
    Eggs
    Curry
    White potato
    Dairy - including butter

I'm choosing to do this......... I don't HAVE to.

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Hooding went well. I had 4 primary and 9 acute PNPs. The primary gave me a framed picture for my wall of shame and a lovely silver James Avery bracelet with a heart engraved PNP-PC 2013 and a stethoscope charm. The acute gave me a collage of pics from the trauma OSCE, a framed pic of them, and a bottle of wine. Both representatives gave great speeches that included thanking me. One made me cry! Everyone of them hugged me after I hooded them. The other Director didn't get the same love. I really work hard to smooth things over for my students.

Dinner was prime rib, salad, baked potato heavy on sour cream and butter with a lovely Malbec.

Home tomorrow.
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    An awesome evening. Congrats to you! We need teachers like you in nursing.

Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    An awesome evening. Congrats to you! We need teachers like you in nursing.
    Thanks!
    Female 53

Up can't sleep. I'm tired, just can't relax. Tried the kindle and now I'm cruising MDA.

Went back and read the first few pages of my journal from about this time last year. I'm still busy, still traveling, still like wine. I'm not doing the Wii or hula-hoop (but do have a pedometer still).

The boys are in a better place. DS3 who had all the drama last year is living with a very nice young man in probably the best relationship he's had, just got his GED, and has applied for college.

I've not had rice in forever, still no soda (2+ years), but do eat potatoes way more often then I should. Asthma has its ups and downs, bloating off and on, knee pain is the new thing - but I think I can trace that to corn, so working on eliminating that. Lately my face and neck are a minefield of breakouts - I think it's the cream in my coffee when I travel. I'm going to have to go back to buying coconut or almond milk I think.

I've got about three weeks until my surgery, so I want to tighten up my eating - just not sure I'm being realistic. I had hoped to be in a better weight range this year, but no such luck. I've ping ponged up and down and never made it to the 150s. It's my own fault, as no one forces the wine and food down my throat.

Wow talk about 3am rambling! Okay, I'm going to try and sleep again, then up to pack, airport, home, unpack, grocery list, plan meals, laundry. Sunday is my day to do nothing but get a massage. Will post when I get home.
    Female 53

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Such a good idea to go back and read your journal from this time last year - and a good reason to keep a journal!

I do like a nice Malbec myself. And I keep thinking I need to learn to drink my tea black.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

“"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Good to hear the hooding ceremony went well. It sounds like you are appreciated by your students! warm fuzzy's go long way!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Things I choose to let go:

All grains - including rice
    Refined sugars
    Legumes - including peanut butter
    Nuts and nut butters
    Alcohol and soda
    Chocolate
    Acidic foods, such as pineapple and tomato
    Coffee and tea
    Eggs
    Curry
    White potato
    Dairy - including butter

I'm choosing to do this......... I don't HAVE to.

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Home. Turned the air on. T-storms, so glad I'm in. Went thru mail. Need to unpack and forage for food.
    Female 53

Foraged some pulled pork, olives, and a banana. Big glass of tea. Slept 7+ hours light>deep. Probably will want a nap. Set out a chuck steak for dinner. I've got tomatoes, kale, and avacado that need eating. Will probably sautéed kale with onion and bacon. Not sure what I will do with the meat yet. I've got a massage this afternoon. It's been a while because she was opening her own shop and had construction delays. Tomorrow I see the PS for my pre-op visit.
    Female 53

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Sore from massage - several knots and tightness now gone. Couldn't sleep, so got up and did some odds and ends. Can't believe I'm packing and traveling again in 5 days!
    Female 53