Page 150 of 420 FirstFirst ... 50100140148149150151152160200250 ... LastLast
Results 1,491 to 1,500 of 4191

Thread: Healthier_Kathi (AKA PediDoc) page 150

Pedidoc is offline Senior Member
    Office did not get done. Bacon wrapped hamburger, sautéed mushrooms, broccoli slaw, and potatoes were all tasty. Messed around with one of my papers. Relaxed with DH. Tomorrow is movie night. We will be watching despicable me, as I've not seen it and wanted some comedy. Thinking of meat, chili, onion mix with fried egg on top for dinner tomorrow. Need to pay bills too.
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Making chili verde sauce with the tomatillos, garlic, jalepenos, and banana peppers that came in my veggie box yesterday. Will freeze to use later.
    Female 53

Slept 7 1/2 hours deep just edging out light sleep by 24 minutes (3:32 to 3:56). Weighed in today and I'm staying steady, no up and no down . I need to get moving more and tighten up on my eating, but have yet to make it a priority. Most of the time I'm okay, but I need to get rid of the 80-20 mentality (thanks Siobhan for a discourse in your journal regarding that). I'm going to come out of surgery with a huge belly in comparison to the girls, who now overshadow the belly some. I'm definitely apple shaped . Bunch of little errands today and a promise to do better a day at a time. Will let you know how it goes.
    Female 53

Good day over all. Got my chores done and car in for service. Driving a loaner.
    Eats:
    B - 2 cups coffee, stevia drops (10 total), unsweetened vanilla almond milk, and one unsweetened cocoa packet
    L - 2 scoops primal fuel in 12 oz water
    D - hash made with potatoe, onion, chili, pork chop, red pepper
    Female 53

Almost 8 hours of sleep with light>deep and therefore I'm not bursting with energy. Clinic today. Hope it's manageable. Packed homemade chicken salad with some gluten free crackers and a plum for lunch. Need to go get my coffee. Would love to stay home, but wouldn't get anything done, so that's not going to happen. Okay off to get ready.
    Female 53

Clinic was slow. Dealt with some student issues. Was exhausted - so crashed when I came home. Up, tired, but restless - this is what I feel like when I've either a) eaten bad choices - had enchiladas for lunch and/or b) have something on my mind - nonspecific thoughts of stuff to get done. So I've checked in, caught up, taken a tums, am drinking some water, and am going to curl up on the couch with a light quilt and my kindle. Maybe after a chapter, I will be able to go back to sleep....
    Female 53

DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    Sleep is such a weird thing. When I started my exercise regimen, I slept great! I'd drop off at 10:00PM and sleep soundly until 6:00 and wake up refreshed. Just lately though I've been getting up at 3:00AM with busy-brain. In fairness, my shoulder has been bothering me, so I have been avoiding my favorite position on my stomach with my right arm overhead and my head resting on my forearm, because it aggravates my shoulder. So I am certain that will affect my sleep until I get used to a different go-to sleep position.

Since I started with the night waking, I am aware that I'm more tired during the day, though it's hard to tell what is the cause, since working out adds fatigue in varying amounts too.

Here's hoping you find your way back to a good night's sleep!

DC
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 224
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 30.5

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Hope you got back to sleep. Sleep is one thing that gets harder as we get older, I have found, to my dismay. But it can be done. I remember those days in my youth when I dropped off for 7-8 hours no problem at all no matter what - I did realize I was very lucky and I did enjoy it and not take it for granted.

I seem to need to have two sleeping periods. Maybe this is natural for me or maybe because of my many years of night shift work.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

“"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Thanks guys. I did go back to sleep and between the two shifts got in 8 hours with deep>light.

I'm going to have to make sure I have good food available when I get done with clinic so I don't make poor choices because I'm tired. I had a perfectly good lunch packed and just didn't eat it.

Okay today is a new day. Brisket with onion, garlic, and carrots is in the slow cooker. DH works 09-1900, so late dinner. Will add some roasted fennel and brocolini to round out the meal.

Have to redo and turn in a paper. Need to work on syllabus, assignments, and calendar for a class I'm teaching this fall. I've not taught it before, the co-instructor has not taught it before and it has to be changed from a 14 week class to a 7 week class. Oh, and the bug guy is coming around noon as we have had a spider invasion. I also plan on making spaghetti sauce for tomorrow and putting a flank steak into some marinade. So a full day, but right now I'm allowing myself some quiet time sitting in bed with my coffee and the girls curled up around me. I like to start my mornings slow - I am so not a morning person!
    Female 53

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'm sure the new class will fall right into place - you're a pro at this stuff!

I make the same poor food choices if I don't think ahead and have things prepared. I try to make an extra serving of meat so I have something to fall back on the next day. Breakfast is always eggs and sometimes bacon too - but if I come home from work and I'm hungry - and I know dinner won't be for another 3-4 hours - it can be disastrous if I don't have something to grab from the fridge. Last night I made salmon steaks - I made 3. We ate 2 and I have the 3rd for after work snacking today. I'm trying to keep this as a part of my daily cooking habit - otherwise, I come home and grab less than ideal things --- nuts (they cause me to bloat), commercial jerky (it has sugar cane extract), or corn chips (total fail). I just need to be on top of things. I'm running about 50-50 in that department.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation