Page 14 of 413 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast

Thread: Healthier_Kathi (AKA PediDoc) page 14

Pedidoc is offline Senior Member
    Another long day. 0630-2000. New master's student orientation. Still getting ready for classes. Still eating primal!
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Good for you! I have even more respect you than normal because I have just come off three days of having a house guest - it is so much harder to stay primal when away from my own kitchen.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Left the hotel at 0530 (up since 0300) and got back at 900pm. Orientation, taught 12 hours, worked on classes. Still primal...... Tomorrow sleep, rest, relax!
    Female 53

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Just thought you might want to toss this around in your brain for a bit. While I have never colored my hair I was getting pretty silver and thought I would just embrace it. Since eating Primal, I have less silver in my hair. Noticeably so. To the point where my stylist asked if I had used a rinse! Fortunately going gray does not have the stigma attached to it that it used to.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Thanks honeybuns and Siobhan. Slept off and on last night. Finally gave up and got up at 8. Had veggie omelet with cheese and bacon for breakfast. Water and banana for snack. Veggies, blueberries, cheese, and wine for dinner. Went in to campus for 6 hours and finished getting on-line class ready. So far so good!!
    Female 53

Do you like online classes? I have taken a few, and from the student perspective I was surprised that it is pretty much the same amount of work, possibly more work, than a regular class. It is, of course, more convenient as you can do your course work at 3 AM. But I didn't feel I really saved any time. I wonder if the day will come when all courses will be online.

Every time I go back to school, I enjoy it but at the same time I think "Never again!" I keep thinking about going back though, something totally different, study theology or philosophy. (Really practical, huh?) But then I snap back to reality.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

I like teaching on-line classes, but it's a lot of work to get the course ready to go. I've spent probably 40 hours making sure everything (learning modules, web links) is updated, putting in quizzes, getting groups, rubrics, and the grade book set up. From a student stand point, if the course is set up well, I like taking on-line courses. If its not set up well, then it's hell, but then again I've had poorly set up face-to-face classes that were hell! I do bring all the students in (they are all NP students who know they can be asked to come to campus up to 3 times a semester) the first week for a face-to-face class. I get good feedback from the students, it cuts down on some of the first week jitters/panic/questions and helps everyone bond. A huge plus for teaching on-line is I don't have to travel to campus for this class again until December and have laptop, therefore I can teach from anywhere! Now the two doctoral classes I teach are face-to-face and once a month, so I travel to campus in September for two days. My co-instructors are teaching the October classes (I'm in Utah for my PhD) and the November classes (I wanted 1 month I didn't travel this year). I've coordinated bringing the NP students back to campus with the weekend I'm teaching in December and winter commencement, which we are strongly encouraged to participate in as faculty. That makes it a 9 day stay, but I think that's easier then multiple short trips!
    Last edited by Pedidoc; 08-27-2012 at 04:49 AM.
    Female 53

Well as with the rest of this trip yesterday was a fun filled full day. Got to my office a bit after 6 and had coffee and a banana. Meetings, lunch meeting (water, ham, scrambled eggs, green chili, cheese, potato). Needed the carbs. Afternoon meetings - elected chair of graduate studies committee for our department. Discussed how to take meeting minutes with administrative assistant, who is clueless. Met with new faculty for my team and she is a delight. Showed her around and she impressed everyone I introduced her to. I've gone from no programs teaching in someone else's to having developed two of my own and a team of two to now a strong team of five! I am blessed to have a great team that works well together. Several emails back and forth with admin assistant who remained clueless. Meeting with her direct supervisor who is my next in chain of faculty command and she said carry on with expectations ( I think she is ready to throttle the admin assistant - I can't imagine dealing with her day in and day out). More emails with excuses. Finally in response to holding firm a threatening email blaming me for being demanding and bullying and she's going to report me to her direct supervisor (the one who told me to hold firm) and the next faculty level up. Called one up and talked - no worries, will take care of it. It is sooooo frustrating when people expend energy trying to get out of doing something when it's much easier to just do it. Back to hotel 830 pm. Room service - antipasto salad which was cheese, hard salami, olives, on romaine with vinaigrette and wine. Now up and getting ready to go in for teaching 9-4 and dealing with issues. Home tomorrow!
    Last edited by Pedidoc; 08-28-2012 at 05:52 AM.
    Female 53

tomi is offline Senior Member
    holy cow......... I exhausted from just reading about your day!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Kathi, I can't wait to see you featured as a Friday success story and imagine everyone reading about you and jaws dropping everywhere.