Page 137 of 413 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138139147187237 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,370 of 4130

Thread: Healthier_Kathi (AKA PediDoc) page 137

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DCarr10760 View Post
    Talking about up bad massage experiences from college...

Good luck on the road, I'm home until September, unless something comes up!
    When I wrote that I knew it would come across as a bad massage experience, but the experience wasn't during a massage. The issue with massage is being mostly naked, in a dark room, with a stranger. My therapist is female, is fanatical about draping, and always keeps one hand on me when moving around or getting towels/stones so I always know where she is. She also knows not to put any pressure on my throat. I've actually relaxed enough that she can use deeper pressure without it being painful. .

Will be on the road Wednesday morning and home late Monday. I've been planning my eating and hope to work out some.
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    I had a bad massage experience once - nothing sexual, just someone who engaged in inappropriate chatter and made some really bizarrely unwelcome comments. Example: "You don't have kids? Is something wrong with you?" I didn't have a massage for years after that. But I would like to try foot reflexology. A friend of mine has it done regularly, she swears by it.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedidoc View Post
    I'm happy to report the doggy Prozac worked. She slept on DH pillow during the worst of it without any anxiety. Normally she would have been pacing, looking for a hiding place, and trembling the entire time. I'm not sure she liked how it made her feel, but for her nerves the side effects (unsteady walk, clingy) were worth it.
    I thought Zeus would be okay with the fireworks at the lake - but I ended up down in the cuddy, in the bed under the deck, in the dark - consoling the poor nervous Nellie and missed the entire show! It was ok - you see one fireworks display you've pretty much seen them all. It was 15 minutes and then done. Next year I'm getting some doggie downers for him.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm happy to hear you are pulling out of the funk and are starting to see things a bit more positively. We all go through down periods - and it normally passes on its own. I'm thinking the CA scare was just a really big stressor/shock on your system and you're body needed time to recover. Being good to yourself in all aspects is the only way to come back from something like that. Eating well is necessary for sure! But also giving yourself permission to "slack" a bit on the general responsibilities of life is sometimes necessary too.

I hope you continue to see things improving in mind and body................ {hugs!}
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    I thought Zeus would be okay with the fireworks at the lake - but I ended up down in the cuddy, in the bed under the deck, in the dark - consoling the poor nervous Nellie and missed the entire show! It was ok - you see one fireworks display you've pretty much seen them all. It was 15 minutes and then done. Next year I'm getting some doggie downers for him.
    Well worth the small cost!
    Female 53

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    The local pet supply store does a brisk business in selling some calming concoction that people swear by - they are going through it like candy now that we have fireworks all over the place here. I'm getting stressed about it myself! For several weeks now we have had fireworks until midnight. Not official ones, of course.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

I'm always amazed at the money people spend on fireworks! Its pretty ridiculous in my opinion....... In Oregon anything that goes more than 4 feet above the ground is illegal - even bottle rockets! But, people drive to Washington or order them online anyway. The police only respond if someone calls in a complaint or if someone gets hurt or starts a fire.

Next year for sure I will be giving doggy something to put him to sleep during the all the fireworks.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Greensprout is online now Senior Member
    Ah, sucks that you've been in a funk for a bit, but happy to hear you seem to be on the upswing. I can relate to the lack of girlfriends to do stuff with. Moving every few years doesn't help that, and it's too easy to lose touch with people once you leave somewhere. And the irritation with DH I also get. Same here from time to time. Nothing specific or new, just a complete irritation at pretty much everything. We seem to get past that by closing off for a while, and then just get over it and move on when the time is right. Not sure that's particularly healthy, but there it is.

I agree that you've been burning the candle at both ends for a long time, and not taking enough down time for you. Facial and manicure here and there might just not be enough. The less than ideal sleep isn't helping, either. Finding something fun to connect with DH is a good idea, if you can find something you would both enjoy. Either that (or along with that) or discover something you can enjoy on your own when there's not a GF to share it with. Art, movies, shopping, crafts? (ugh, not for me, but some seem to love it), exploring more primal/paleo friendly recipes since you used to enjoy baking. I dunno. I need to be doing more of this too.

Sending happy thoughts for a good week ahead.

Thanks Greensprout. I know about the moving every two years, as that happened in my childhood. Hence the lack of childhood friends. I used to do counted cross stitch and knit, but not sure I want to do that again. I'd like to learn ballroom dancing (I think), but DH doesn't dance and I'm not sure I could do an unknown partner. I could work on adapting some family favorites to primal, but summer is not the time to turn on the oven! . I loved horseback riding as a teen (my first job was teaching jumping), but no horse and no stable close by. Too hot to garden. Just not sure what to do. DH and I do try and do movie night weekly when I'm home. Maybe I will try and write the next best seller.......just kidding! I'm not that creative. Something will come to me. I need to do some research.
    Female 53

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Functioning on about 4 hours. Getting ready for clinic. Threw pork chops, diced tomato, green chili, garlic, onion, and salt in slow cooker - fingers crossed, as that is dinner. I've got cauliflower rice and mash to put it over and leftover asparagus for a side. I will do laundry and pack when I get home. No idea what I'm packing yet. Hopefully I will sleep tonight. Up at 0600 to get ready to leave for airport by 0700. Okay, need to dry the mane and put on some war paint so I won't scare the kiddos.
    Female 53