Page 132 of 351 FirstFirst ... 3282122130131132133134142182232 ... LastLast
Results 1,311 to 1,320 of 3507

Thread: Healthier_Kathi (AKA PediDoc) page 132

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by DCarr10760 View Post
    Speaking as a male, we all act like we're still 18 sometimes! ;-)
    Occasionally, I could deal with......
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    is it possible to lose 30 pounds in 5 weeks????
    If you figure it out, please share!
    Female 53

Home - weekend was good. Ate fairly clean, but too much. Not looking forward to the scale tomorrow . Lots of talk with other wives - one is a counselor. Hope to get things straightened out with myself and then DH. Next year the group is going to South Padre Island. Should be fun.
    Female 53

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedidoc View Post
    I broke out like a hormonal teenager!
    Not a teenager, but hormonal, yes! I feel your pain!

Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    Hope your weekend goes great! I understand the birthday thing...... I'm turn 53 next month. Where did the years go? On top of that I have a class reunion in 5 weeks........... is it possible to lose 30 pounds in 5 weeks????
    You're all children! I just turned 54.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Slept 9 hours with a full 6 hours of that being deep sleep! I feel rested. . Making eggplant lasagna today. Need to work on a paper. Going to my parents for ribs on the 4th. My mom does not get my way of eating. I'm taking a German potato salad - I can control type of potatoes and put lots of bacon. She's making cole slaw (it will be questionable depending on which recipe she uses), chocolate cake, and beans. I think I will take a fruit salad and some "chips" and dip that I can have and maybe some deviled eggs.

I still feel a bit out of sorts. Really haven't put my finger on it. I may have to sit down and free journal to get to the bottom of the whole deal. I'm impatient to get to the bottom of the issue and am having a hard time waiting for it to fix itself!

Over the weekend I had some very yummy gluten free muffins that they got at WF. I'm glad the two we have here are not close. I had a yummy taco salad the first night and had brought sweet potato chips for the guacamole. Probably too much fruit and wine. Crustless quiche, salad, grilled chicken and tastes of potato and corn salads. They made flourless chocolate cake and sang to me. Had that with fresh whipped cream. Bacon and eggs the last morning. Everything was yum, yum, yum. Too much wine, lots of girl talk while the boys were reminiscing. Feel more sorted out. Maybe I need more "girl-friends"?

I work Tuesday at the clinic and then am off until the following Tuesday due to the holiday. I leave next Wednesday for EP for 6 days. I'm sort of looking forward to it and hope to have some alone time to work on myself. Okay off to start the day.
    Female 53

DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    I think I feel the same way sometimes (with SWMBO) not angry really and nothing specific, but some underlying tension. It passes after awhile on its own, but more often some unrelated thing sets us off like a flash point and in the course of talking through that, whatever issue was causing the tension gets resolved or more likely obscured.

I do journal periodically to see if I can get to the bottom of it too. But for me the issue typically ends up being something that I don't like about myself more often than something I'm upset about her. I'm not saying that your situation is the same, but journaling can lead to different results than what you suspect.

Good luck with it!
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 230
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 27.5

Quote Originally Posted by DCarr10760 View Post
    I think I feel the same way sometimes (with SWMBO) not angry really and nothing specific, but some underlying tension. It passes after awhile on its own, but more often some unrelated thing sets us off like a flash point and in the course of talking through that, whatever issue was causing the tension gets resolved or more likely obscured.

I do journal periodically to see if I can get to the bottom of it too. But for me the issue typically ends up being something that I don't like about myself more often than something I'm upset about her. I'm not saying that your situation is the same, but journaling can lead to different results than what you suspect.

Good luck with it!

Thanks David. I about 90% sure it's me with the 10% being things he usually does that I can live with now bugging me. Not fair - I know, but it is my reality right now. In the 34 years we've been together it comes up about every 5 or so years, so you would think I would have a way of pushing through it, but each time it's something about myself I have to work through......
    Female 53

DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    It's so complicated. Like I said, most of the time it's really about me, but what I forgot to say was that sometimes my part in it has been allowing her to treat me in a way that I do not believe I deserve.

I think things (patterns of behavior) do occur in cycles. It's hard to step back enough to see the patterns and notice that they are cyclical, when you are all engaged emotionally. So it sounds to me like you are in a good place. :-)
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 230
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 27.5

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    There are about a million things I would like to say, but I would just sound stupid as I 1) am a single person and 2) only 'know' you over the internet. But I have been married and in long term relationships, and I was really bad at it. Hence the 1) in the preceding sentence. Obviously you are much better at these things than I am, and I know you will work it through and get back to a good place.

Okay, I will say one thing. When I used to go through this kind of thing, my partner was always totally unaware that he was annoying the hell out of me. And I was unable to communicate what it was that was annoying the hell out of me. So...awareness and communication. If only I could have gotten those things ironed out! But here I am, talking about me instead of you.

On that note, you work so hard, both at home and at your profession - maybe you need a little more balance with relaxation. Some things to do and see that don't have anything to do with other things in your life. A new friend, a new hobby. Maybe a new friend that you can enjoy a new hobby with. Yes, these things take time, something none of us get more of. But just rambling here.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Maybe you and hubby need to focus on having some fun together. What do you do for fun?
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.