Page 127 of 277 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129137177227 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 2769

Thread: Healthier_Kathi (AKA PediDoc) page 127

Pedidoc is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Slept 7 hours light>deep. Having CWCC. Covering clinic today - doc won't be in. Leftovers last night and again tonight for dinner. Spent time with insurance agent - she found less expensive home owners (about 1/3 less), changed car insurance, and paid flood insurance (think Hurricane Ike). We aren't in a flood area, but I sleep better knowing we are covered. We have a natural gas generator that runs the essentials on the main floor including air conditioning, just in case. Packed the last of the chipotle meatballs over cauliflower rice, a handful of cherries, and a sliced red pepper for lunch. Watched Dolphin Tale last night with DH for movie night. I don't do scary as I've got a hyperactive imagination especially with a hubby who worked nights much of his career. Okay, I'm obviously rambling. Off to get ready for clinic.
    Female 52 travel for business monthly
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Slept a bit over 10 hours and finally got over 4 hour of deep sleep. I actually feel refreshed . I need to finish cleaning my office (yes its been a 3 week project so far! ). I've got a massage this afternoon and need to go by the bank to make a deposit. Nothing exciting. Last night was obviously my 20% we went out and split fried ravioli, my chicken and green beans were okay, wine, and split a slice of key lime pie. More wine at home. . So restarting today, but not Whole30. I'm just not happy without butter. I'm tracking and after reading David's journal really think the wine is because of a deficit in something. Since I'm having frequent bathroom trips, I know gluten/grains are bad for me and think I can do better staying away from them. Will attempt Barre3 later today.

Slept about 6 hours light>deep. Having CWCC. Put chicken breasts in slow cooker with chili verde for 4 hours on low. I will shred the chicken and have it on spinach tonight. Boys will probably make soft tacos. After it gets done, I'm starting pork chili verde in the slow cooker for 8 hours. Stocking up for the boys, since I'm gone Thursday night until Monday night. I pick up my veggie basket this morning and after looking through it will finish planning dinners and making the grocery list. Target and Kroger complete the errands. My office is still calling my name, I've ignored it all week!

Chicken and pork both cooking. I hauled out my old non programmable crockpot for the pork!

Errands run. Office ignored! Chicken was great on a taco salad minus the tortilla chips. Chili verde is great to. Hard boiled some eggs. Tomorrow we are making meatloaf - same recipe as before. I've got 4 ears of fresh corn that came in my box today and that with cauliflower mash will go with the meatloaf.
    Last edited by Pedidoc; 06-15-2013 at 04:52 PM. Reason: Added more

Slept right at 8 hours deep=light. Having CWCC and waiting to go to gym with DH. Yesterday, I did about 20 minutes of heavy carrying when I helped unload the veggies from the truck. Then primal squat while I sorted Brussels sprouts. Walked almost 3 miles. Will do some lift heavy stuff today and more walking. Meatloaf, corn, cauliflower mash tonight. Weigh in tomorrow.

30 minutes of lifting heavy things done!

Two meatloaf in oven, salmon is in marinade, cauliflower steaming, corn cooking.

Meatloaf was good. Garlic faux mashed potato was very good. Leftovers put away.

Waiting for GF meat delivery.
    Last edited by Pedidoc; 06-16-2013 at 03:45 PM. Reason: Update

tomi is offline Senior Member
    you should teach the men in the house to cook and then you wouldn't have to bust you butt making dinners ahead for them. But, if you're like me - you do it so you know they aren't eating pizza and junk while your gone
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Do 30-60 days clean primal.
    No grains, sugar, alcohol.
    Eat 3 meals and primal snacks.
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    you should teach the men in the house to cook and then you wouldn't have to bust you butt making dinners ahead for them. But, if you're like me - you do it so you know they aren't eating pizza and junk while your gone
    My hubby can cook, and does when we cook together, but when I'm not home, he'll microwave whatever is in the freezer. If there's only frozen organic turkey sausage in the freezer, he'll eat that the whole time. So when I have to be gone, I make sure he knows where the frozen leftovers are! I think for us, cooking is as much a social time together as it is for eating.