Page 123 of 351 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125133173223 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 3507

Thread: Healthier_Kathi (AKA PediDoc) page 123

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    its good that you have familiar places to eat while you travel. Makes primal eating a bit easier. How are you doing on your weight loss goals? We're about the same height - I'm just under 5'3". And about the same age - I'll be turned 53 in late July. My goal is 135 - but I'll take 140 easy enough.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    At least there was BACON!!
    So true......
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    its good that you have familiar places to eat while you travel. Makes primal eating a bit easier. How are you doing on your weight loss goals? We're about the same height - I'm just under 5'3". And about the same age - I'll be turned 53 in late July. My goal is 135 - but I'll take 140 easy enough.
    I'm not seeing any weight change, but things feel looser. I'm trying to eat cleaner, decrease wine, and increase exercise!
    Female 53

Slept right at 8 hours. Deep>light. Got my steps in yesterday. Did wall push-ups. Last face to face day in class I'm not fond of. Short 10 minute presentation. My stats buds get in today. Off to shower and have bacon for breakfast!
    Female 53

Slept 5 hours deep>light but am now up. Have dealt with a series of student issues. Read, tried to go back to sleep, and think I've given up. Dinner last night was a pork chop with a cranberry/peach compot and 4 wedges of purple potato roasted. I finished with some strawberries with whipped cream. I forgot to pack my tennies, so can't go down to walk the treadmill. I've been doing wall push-ups, lunges, crunches, and supermans. I need to eat cleaner and give up wine and exercise/play more, but with everything I'm juggling I'm not sure I can. I've not gotten thru a Barre3 workout yet - Tomi's kicking my butt on that one and the clean eating. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who can't get their act together out here. I'm afraid I need to go back to tracking everything I eat and drink, but hate doing so. Okay, enough whining - off to try and find something to do until I've got to get ready for class.
    Female 53

Managed to sleep another hour of deep sleep. Knees hurt. Need to drop weight!
    Female 53

Trust me - you're not the only one having a hard time getting it together! Most of us are riding on the roller coaster all the time --- sometimes up and in control and sometimes down and floundering! I have noticed that sometimes our ups are a little more sinc and that may be why you're feeling like the odd man out right now. I have it totally under control at the moment because I'm trying to fix my gut. My elimination diet is severe - but not difficult because I suspect the fructose is causing my pain and diarrhea. Its easy to give up something that you know will make you sick You just need to find that drive and motivation again. Its really easy to fall back into the less than stellar habits. A glass of wine once a week will easily turn into a glass or 2 with dinner every night - and those little sneaky bites of (insert your weakness here) start be less sneaky and more normal. Its tough to tow the line all the time. In my case - not towing the line results in hours of pain and endless trips to the bathroom - so I have a definite motivator.

Maybe if you set a very small goal............. a pair of pants that are just a little too tight to comfortably wear? Maybe graduate from wall push ups to chair push ups? Or get through one 10 minute Barre3 workout!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Thanks Tomi for the encouraging words. it's easy to be Debbie Downer at 0200. I know I've been stuck in the same weight range for over a year now. The sad thing is I know what I need to do, but feel so much is going on I justify not doing it. I'm doing much thinking this week and hope to have a doable plan to get on track when I get home. I'm home Saturday and then leave again in 11 days. On a more positive note food was good today. Class was great. We sent out queries to journals on article ideas and I've gotten three positive responses back. Thursday and Friday no class. My DNP student defends Friday, so that's why I'm hanging around. I plan on working on homework - we will see what happens.........
    Female 53

Had about 6 hours of restless sleep. Eggs, sprinkle of shredded cheese, 3 strips bacon, and coffee. Getting ready to read and then take a nap before I look at homework. I've been investigating Whole30. I'm thinking of doing a 11 day when I'm home.
    Female 53

Do the hotels you stay at have a work out room? you could easily walk on the treadmill or sit on a stationary bike for a bit to unwind from your day? I assume your student papers are all online - you could do that on a IPAD while your walking or peddling right? I don't know what the latest and greatest gadgets are so whatever new fancy technical thing they have out now...... ???

I have found whole30 to be really easy this time. I guess I just had to find the right motivation. Let us know if you're gonna give it a go for the 11 days you're home so we can cheer you on!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation