Page 113 of 279 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123163213 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 2784

Thread: Healthier_Kathi (AKA PediDoc) page 113

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Slept good about 7 hours. Ready for clinic - finishing early today. My parents dropped off their dog as they are of to my moms high school reunion this weekend. I made spaghetti sauce yesterday for dinner.
    Female 52 travel for business monthly
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Packed - a bit of a nightmare as I need dressy, dressy business, business casual, and comfie spread over 16 days. Have to take books. Packed some good jerky and pecan halves tonight. I decided not to pack the hot pot until I get some cooking ideas. Tomorrow the cool pack with my immunotherapy will get some cheese, flavored strvia drops, and hard boiled eggs. I also found some date rolls that are dates and coconut only. While I have access to grocery stores, I've found it worthwhile to bring a few supplies in case I can't get to one the first few days. Hope to check in to the hotel early, shower, do my hair, and change into a dress before going into the school for my students doctoral defenses. I plan on getting to the airport early enough to have my usual preflight eggs and bacon.

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    That's a long trip, I feel your multi-style requirements packing angst. Sounds like you have a good plan for foods. Those date rolls are awesome, but rather addictive. No worse than larabars, probably a bit better, and oh, so tasty. At PrimalCon 2 years ago, Chef Rachel rolled them in melted dark chocolate...nuff said there. Would be great on a holiday treat platter.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Hope the trip goes well
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Do 30-60 days clean primal.
    No grains, sugar, alcohol.
    Eat 3 meals and primal snacks.
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

Friday:
    Got in okay, went straight to hotel, checked in and in my room by 1030 am. Cleaned up and dressed up. Went to office, did some paperwork suff, both my students passed and are ready to graduate. One and her family took me to dinner - Cesar salad, no croutons, chicken with green chili and cheese, sweet potato, glass of wine, and water. Said no to the chocolate cake and ice cream. Slept great.

Saturday:
    Up at 5. Did some computer work, got cleaned up and hit the breakfast buffet - omlet with veggies, cheese, and salsa, bacon, home fries, coffee. Off to the office and more paperwork and organizing my school work. Lunch brought by a student cold shrimp with shrimp sauce, celery, a couple of cashews, water. Did my thing with the class and back to the hotel. Walked across to the restraunt I like. Dinner - salad with blue cheese, prime rib with horseradish, potato with butter and sour cream, wine, and creme brle. Slept great.

Sunday:
    Up again at 5. Did some computer work, then back to sleep until 1030. Coffee with cream in the room, computer work, tv watching, book reading. Lazy day. Nothing to eat until 4 - a date roll. Getting ready to wander down to the concierge lounge and get some raw veggies and cheese.

Other than too many potatoes, wine, and the brle I've done pretty good. Walked 3 and 2 miles last two days. Today nothing. Hopefully the week goes well.

Siobhan is online now Senior Member
    My food co-op has those date rolls - so delicious! I have to be careful with those, I could make them the mainstay of my diet! That would be okay if I was crossing the Sahara on a camel.

You really know how to travel. Reading about your adventures reminds me of when I was a flight attendant. It is so different when you are making a hotel an extension of home as compared to being on vacation. I always enjoyed that, and miss it to some extent.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. - Henry David Thoreau, Walden

Today was bad sleep and food wise. Someone was slamming their room door over and over at 0500 this morning. I got up, because what else could I do? Nachos and a cookie tonight - bad, bad, bad. Hope to sleep better tonight and eat better tomorrow. Typing this on my new toy - iPad-mini, from work. It's got Suri, so will be interesting.

Slept okay last night, not great, but better. Had a great breakfast of eggs with veggies, ham, and cheese with some bacon strips and home fries with my coffee. Working from the hotel room today. Waiting for the books I need to put my courses together. I should have another go at editing a students paper. Will probably work a bit on my homework. Easy day. Thinking steak tonight.

No homework, paper edited again, read book, played on new toy. Tastey MR ribeye with onions grilled in butter and a potato smothered in butter and sour cream, croutonless ceaser salad and a lovey Malbec for dinner. Visiting a clinic tomorrow, then to office for paperwork. No dinner plans Wednesday. Thursday dinner with a student and family-surf and turf. Friday late lunch, early dinner with son #3 and significant other before I do night clinic.

PrimalCon New York
    Slept so-so. Not enough deep sleep. Not hungry. Will make do with coffee, water, and if needed a banana until dinner. Slow start to my morning, last one of this week and none next week.