Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast

Thread: Post scientific studies suggesting grains are bad for you here... page 22

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by StackingPlates View Post
    ^ Point being? If I had a nickel for every hypothesis...
    Since it is almost impossible to prove any diet is 100% the best way to go, you are either here because you believe the Primal/Paleo hypothesis or are eating SAD.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Quote Originally Posted by Duceswild557 View Post
    I can't say if anyone posted this yet, and this isn't a clinical study. But this was published in Discover Magazine, May 1987, pp. 64-66, it is basically about grains, and modern agriculture, and it is written by Jared Diamond from UCLA Medical School. It's titled
    "The Worst Mistake in the History of the Human Race" the link to it is The Worst Mistake in the History of the Human Race and just incase that link goes bad, and because this is so worth reading, I'm going to post the text here also.

The Worst Mistake in the History of the Human Race
    Interesting find!
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Interesting considering we assume white rice to be the "safe grain" White rice consumption and risk of type 2 diabetes: meta... [BMJ. 2012] - PubMed - NCBI

StackingPlates is offline Senior Member
    Be right back, theorizing how to solve Asia's diabetes epidemic...since they eat more rice than the West, their overall rates are higher than ours right?

Forgotmylastusername is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by StackingPlates View Post
    Be right back, theorizing how to solve Asia's diabetes epidemic...since they eat more rice than the West, their overall rates are higher than ours right?
    Lol. Reminded me of this from anthony colpo's blog.

codered5 is offline Senior Member
    I think people have a misconception about how much rice asian cultures eat..i studied in shanghai, rice is never the focal point of a meal or even served w the main dish often times. Its typically more of a filler, they eat much less rice than what most think. Our chinese food here in america has like 5 days worth of rice in it.

Forgotmylastusername is online now Senior Member
    I think in most asian countries their rice consumption has steadily declined the last 40 years or so.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Sweet sweet hyperbole.

Mike in Virginia is offline Senior Member
    "Scientific studies" is an oxymoron. There is absolutely nothing scientific about any study.

I do know that when I eliminated grains, my lifelong allergies disappeared and my energy level went through the roof. Ya think some study is going to show that that didn't happen?
    Live your life and love your life. It's the only one you get.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike in Virginia View Post
    "Scientific studies" is an oxymoron. There is absolutely nothing scientific about any study.

I do know that when I eliminated grains, my lifelong allergies disappeared and my energy level went through the roof. Ya think some study is going to show that that didn't happen?
    Oh come on, that is an n=1 study that doesn't count....LOL...kidding in many ways it is the only one that matters.
    I never had the allergies but I agree my energy levels went through the roof, down to under 13% BF at 183 lbs and that was after eating fairly clean (my grain consumption was maybe 2-3 servings a day pre-primal. There is no question Primal is the way to go.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast