Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Post scientific studies suggesting grains are bad for you here... page 2

jimhensen is offline Senior Member

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    The only grains I avoid are the ones that contain gluten. I eat all others, including rice daily.

I don't need a scientific study to tell me shitting blood, undigested food, intestinal pain, and my sinuses closing up means I shouldn't do something.

If gluten is harmless to you, or you want to eat it anyway, knock yourself out. Why do you care what we do?

Are you the type of person that lectures people wherever you go about how everyone should do things the way you do? Or only on the web, where you don't have to see people rolling their eyes at you?

fiercehunter is offline Banned

breadsauce is offline Senior Member
    Just found the ignore button - what a relief. No more cobblers from jimhenson.

Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    Billie trips balls

jojohaligo is offline Senior Member
    My son is coming for dinner tonight and I am going to make him Nasi Goreng, wait for it.... with actual real rice grains.
    Female, age 51, 5' 9"
    SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
    2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member

bob loblaw is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Apex Predator View Post
    The only grains I avoid are the ones that contain gluten. I eat all others, including rice daily.

I don't need a scientific study to tell me shitting blood, undigested food, intestinal pain, and my sinuses closing up means I shouldn't do something.

If gluten is harmless to you, or you want to eat it anyway, knock yourself out. Why do you care what we do?

Are you the type of person that lectures people wherever you go about how everyone should do things the way you do? Or only on the web, where you don't have to see people rolling their eyes at you?
    I agree with your viewpoint, but I think Jim's point is valid.

On Paleo web-sites and forums, "Science" is always used to back our viewpoint up. (Yet, we often use the same epidemiological crap studies the Low Fat side use.) So, he's asking for a study to show that wheat is bad for us. Obviously, wheat is bad for YOU, since you appear to have a fairly strong allergy to it. But for those who have no strong allergy (probably 95% of the population), is it really a bad thing?

I don't eat much wheat, but it doesn't bother me either. I feel like the main problem with wheat is the way we eat it, rather than the wheat itself. Eating a Big Mac or a processed meat sandwich or an industrial pizza are not bad because of the wheat, they are bad in almost every way.

bob loblaw is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Apex Predator View Post

BTW, I am just interested in the studies, not in Jim's viewpoint. It's pretty clear he is here to get attention, not to find information. However, I am always interested in finding more good information, whether it validates or counters my viewpoint.

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    All those studies show how bad grains are. We all agree, like filtered cigarettes being better than unfiltered ones, whole grains are better than refined grains.
    You still have yet to post a study showing whole grains are good for you, only better than refined grains. If big agra and the food companies thought eating grains was better than not eating them they would have done the study - they haven't which speaks volumes.
    Last edited by Dirlot; 07-02-2012 at 07:24 AM.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast