Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Post scientific studies suggesting grains are bad for you here... page 16

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by jimhensen View Post
    I used to smoke a lot more than a little.
    Dude I just read in a diabetic thread where you told the poster not to worry about exercise...just work on creating a caloric deficit....nothing else mattered.

You didn't ever really have any cred, but now your just a freaking imbecile. Let me help you.....

Step one (this falls under the do no harm part of the Hippocratic Oath, I know MD's don't follow it, so why should you right?)
    Stop giving advice to anyone, anywhere, at any time about anything health related.

Step two: Eat primal AND Exercise. Movement is life my friend. Proprioceptive feedback to the brain has as much if not MORE impact on hormonal balance as what you put in your body (google it if you don't believe me).

Step three: Don't post for three months while your doing step 2

Step four: Happily eat crow when you come back to post

StackingPlates is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post

Step two: Eat until your macro and micro nutrient goals have been met. If you have room left in your caloric budget after those goals have been met then eat anything you want, if it still fits into that budget, if you are still hungry AND exercise.
    Fixed

Quote Originally Posted by StackingPlates View Post
    Fixed
    Actually even if you disagree with the Primal portion this part "Proprioceptive feedback to the brain has as much if not MORE impact on hormonal balance as what you put in your body (google it if you don't believe me)." Is quite important, and if your a personal trainer you should look into the neurology of movement. Could help you with explaining the systemic implications of exercise to your clients

Oh, and in general no I don't agree with you. Just cause you meat macro and micro goals doesn't mean you can eat dog shit to the level of caloric load and live happily.
    Last edited by Neckhammer; 07-03-2012 at 06:11 PM.

StackingPlates is offline Senior Member

Oh, and in general no I don't agree with you. Just cause you meat macro and micro goals doesn't mean you can eat dog shit to the level of caloric load and live happily.
    Freudian slip?

Quote Originally Posted by StackingPlates View Post
    Freudian slip?
    perhaps ....I am eating a 20oz Delmonico steak . Gosh I love getting whole cows at a time.

jimhensen is offline Senior Member
    Dude I just read in a diabetic thread where you told the poster not to worry about exercise...just work on creating a caloric deficit....nothing else mattered.

You didn't ever really have any cred, but now your just a freaking imbecile. Let me help you.....

Step one (this falls under the do no harm part of the Hippocratic Oath, I know MD's don't follow it, so why should you right?)
    Stop giving advice to anyone, anywhere, at any time about anything health related.

Step two: Eat primal AND Exercise. Movement is life my friend. Proprioceptive feedback to the brain has as much if not MORE impact on hormonal balance as what you put in your body (google it if you don't believe me).

Step three: Don't post for three months while your doing step 2

Step four: Happily eat crow when you come back to post
    You realize that when you are that overweight exercise can be extremely hard on the body, won't really produce results because you have absolutely no stamina and can't burn many calories, can be extremely discouraging, and can cause hunger (both physiologically and psychologically). I have lost close to 20 pounds in a month with just diet. The only exercise I get is walking about .8 miles a day with my son in the morning. Otherwise I am sedentary. When you are that overweight there is more of a chance that working out will backfire on you. You obviously don't know what you are talking about.

Why Exercise Won't Make You Thin - TIME

Anyway, not too long ago I was doing jiu jitsu 3-4 times a week for 2 hours at a time. The practices were pretty serious as a couple of the guys running it have fought in the ufc and are career fighters. After a month and a half my endurance improved tremendously but I didn't lose any weight...in fact I think I gained a little weight. Weight has a lot more to do with diet than exercise. The research shows that exercise doesn't really seem to help in losing weight, though it does help to maintain a healthy weight once you are there. It is ALL about diet.

Also, this link:

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/res...ch-review.html
    Last edited by jimhensen; 07-03-2012 at 06:56 PM.

Dirlot is online now Senior Member
    Meh, I would pass a drug test right now. I haven't even drank a beer since I started eating healthier a little less than a month ago. I can't even smoke weed anymore to be honest. I get too paranoid.
    I am glad you are getting clean...it has nothing to do with my question though. I just want to know why.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirlot View Post
    You tell us....something is driving your obsession to eat and your obsession to make us eat, tasteless, nutritionally void, high GI glue.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

I have lost close to 20 pounds in a month with just diet. The only exercise I get is walking about .8 miles a day with my son in the morning.
    Sorry, but it has been proven time and again that "movement"...walking, resistance training....ANYTHING you can do reduces insulin resistance. Weight be damned. I'm talking hormones here man. Yes diet is going to be the ultimate factor in weight, but active overweight people are more healthy (hormonally and metabolically) that sedentary normal weight folk. MOVE....no matter what. That .8 miles a day does more for you than what you think.

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    Sorry, but it has been proven time and again that "movement"...walking, resistance training....ANYTHING you can do reduces insulin resistance. Weight be damned. I'm talking hormones here man. Yes diet is going to be the ultimate factor in weight, but active overweight people are more healthy (hormonally and metabolically) that sedentary normal weight folk. MOVE....no matter what. That .8 miles a day does more for you than what you think.
    Indeed. I've seen people reverse years of T2D in months with exercise added to diet.

Catharsis is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Actually, the point of my pot comment was to watch everything else I said get derailed and ignored. Mission Trolling The Troll, accomplished.

In a non-trolling suggestion, work out anyway. 10 years ago I was morbidly obese...2 liter of Mountain Dew and footlong Subway Sub a day obese. Any time you have a lot of weight to lose, it takes time. Any time it takes time, it's hard on the body. You can only be in a calorie deficit for so long before you begin to risk losing muscle mass. I lost roughly 130lbs. I also did thyroid damage and lost a ton of muscle mass. I was way over the top with everything.

You still need to work out. Walk 30 minutes a day. Lift weights for 15 minutes a day once or twice a week. You don't have to be Johnny Steel in the gym, just do something. Diet only takes you so far. Can you lose with just diet alone? Absolutely, but I promise you won't just be losing body fat.

Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast