Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Post scientific studies suggesting grains are bad for you here... page 11

Gadsie is online now Senior Member
    Why is everybody mad? I think this thread is very reasonable. Looking for evidence why grains are bad. I mean I want to be sure about something before I throw my life around .

Not saying I'm with jimhensen, or that I will start eating grains again, but I'm not against him either.
    well then

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpycakes View Post
    I don't understand sentiments like this at all. Why not be thankful that there is someone around to offer a contrary point of view? It either reinforces your position or makes you stop and question. Is BREAD BAD so much a part of your identity that having the notion questioned provokes negative feelings?
    Grains and starch are not synonymous.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpycakes View Post
    I don't understand sentiments like this at all. Why not be thankful that there is someone around to offer a contrary point of view? It either reinforces your position or makes you stop and question. Is BREAD BAD so much a part of your identity that having the notion questioned provokes negative feelings?
    You obviously haven't read my other comments in this thread.
    I'm not a Paleovangelist or an absolutist.
    I think that dietary choices, including Primal/Paleo styles are entirely personal, and it bothers me not if people choose to eat grains.
    I'm not a proponent of only VLC or LC.
    I eat starch... including rice sometimes.

But I do think it's silly for him to come here and say "You should all eat grains. There is NO reason to do it, but you SHOULD, because I think they are yummy."
    Last edited by cori93437; 07-02-2012 at 02:43 PM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadsie View Post
    Why is everybody mad? I think this thread is very reasonable. Looking for evidence why grains are bad. I mean I want to be sure about something before I throw my life around .

Not saying I'm with jimhensen, or that I will start eating grains again, but I'm not against him either.
    Mostly because this has been done countless times before and there is nothing new here.

Nady is offline Senior Member
    Scientific Study~ It already going on~ all the people with conditions that require immunosuppressant drugs. I give it another 10 years, about 1,000 malpractice suits and 30 or so class action suits before big pharma funds research and 'discovers' a new disease~ gluten intolerance. And the CW treatment will be *are you ready* a gluten free diet! Big pharma will of course, turn it's R&D departments to the task of creating and supplying a line of gluten free products for the carb addicts they created with dwarf wheat.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    As a celiac, bread is very, very bad for me. It's also probably bad for a lot of people with auto-immune diseases, gluten intolerance that isn't full-on celiac, and possibly other issues such as type 1 diabetes risk. So perhaps there's a population out there that is fine with gluten, but more people than just celiacs are likely better off eliminating gluten grains from their diet.

Agrarian diet and diseases of affluence
    http://www.springerlink.com/content/...2/fulltext.pdf
    http://www.celiaccenter.org/document...ril%202006.pdf
    [Relapsing acute pancreatitis associated ... [Rev Esp Enferm Dig. 2008] - PubMed - NCBI
    Six months of gluten-free diet do no... [J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2003] - PubMed - NCBI
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

jimhensen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nady View Post
    Scientific Study~ It already going on~ all the people with conditions that require immunosuppressant drugs. I give it another 10 years, about 1,000 malpractice suits and 30 or so class action suits before big pharma funds research and 'discovers' a new disease~ gluten intolerance. And the CW treatment will be *are you ready* a gluten free diet! Big pharma will of course, turn it's R&D departments to the task of creating and supplying a line of gluten free products for the carb addicts they created with dwarf wheat.
    Gluten intolerance is already accepted by the medical community.

From the wiki article on gluten sensitivity:

Gluten sensitivity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Until recently, the terms gluten sensitivity and celiac disease were used interchangeably in literature. However, emerging research is beginning to identify the differences that exist between celiac disease and gluten sensitivity. If the medical history of a patient, along with clinical tests, rule out celiac disease and wheat allergy, a diagnosis of gluten sensitivity can be considered. However, certain criteria need to be met before a diagnosis of gluten sensitivity can be confirmed (see diagnosis section). Treatment for all three conditions is a gluten-free diet, the difference being that with wheat allergy the interruption is temporary and drugs may be administered, whereas in the case of celiac disease the diet is lifelong and even ingesting very small amounts of gluten-containing food could damage their health. In the case of gluten sensitivity, the withdrawal of gluten from the diet may only be temporary.

Dirlot is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jimhensen View Post
    Depends on your definition of trolling. I am just making a point that your diet is based on fallacy.
    ROFL are you kidding me? Other than say grains are tasty with sauce you have provided nothing. No evidence that they are healthy, just parroting the same old grains are sooooo tasty (you then add with sauce) but nothing to show that eliminating them is harmful or that keeping them in is good.

Lets see you have never properly followed a paleo/primal lifestyle. If I remember correctly you couldn't go more than a week without the call of processed grains.
    You have issues with binge eating, even when you are not hungry (another call of the grains?)
    You have said your main reason on coming her is you like to argue, not debate facts but argue.

You have so many food issues of your own, have never properly tried paleo/primal and you try and tell us how to live our lives?!?! it is beyond believable.
    Last edited by Dirlot; 07-02-2012 at 04:27 PM.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Dirlot is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadsie View Post

He comes on here trying to spread miss information. And with the number of issues he has (see above) he is not position to talk to anyone about diet or lifestyle.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

jimhensen is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirlot View Post
    ROFL are you kidding me? Other than say grains are tasty with sauce you have provided nothing. No evidence that they are healthy, just parroting the same old grains are sooooo tasty (you then add with sauce) but nothing to show that eliminating them is harmful or that keeping them in is good.

Lets see you have never properly followed a paleo/primal lifestyle. If I remember correctly you couldn't go more than a week without the call of processed grains.
    You have issues with binge eating, even when you are not hungry (another call of the grains?)
    You have said your main reason on coming her is you like to argue, not debate facts but argue.

You have so many food issues of your own, have never properly tried paleo/primal and you try and tell us how to live our lives?!?! it is beyond believable.
    I haven't binged in almost a month while eating grains every day. It wasn't the grains that caused me to binge. Hey, you can eat however you want, I just want you to realize that the science behind eliminating grains from your diet is lacking.

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast