Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Post scientific studies suggesting grains are bad for you here... page 10

StackingPlates is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Jen AlcesAlces View Post
    This whole black & white nonsense is frustrating...
    Could not agree more. The word of the day is context.

StackingPlates is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jimhensen View Post
    I read in a study a while back (there is no way I can find it now so call it BS if you want because I can't provide a link) that although there are more anti nutrients in these breads, there are usually more nutrients in them too, so you still net more of those nutrients eating the whole grain bread than white bread, just not as much as the nutrition info would indicate.
    Not a study, but I will give you an assist.

The relevant discussion starts in the "Why typical claims about anti-nutrients are wrong..." section...

otzi Guest
    Depends on your definition of trolling. I am just making a point that your diet is based on fallacy.
    This is a bizarre thread from a bizarre person. Maybe Jim Hensen's time would be better spent on www.atkinsdiet.com telling them they need to carb-up.

jimhensen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Glad you could giggle...
    I'm certainly not a Paleovangelist.

I just think Jimhensen is a twat. I hope he gets toast crumbs all in his keyboard.
    A twat? Man, I haven't heard that one in a while. Knowing that it a slang term for a vagina, I take it as a compliment though.

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    That's cos you're just a big pussy.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    Depends on your definition of trolling. I am just making a point that your diet is based on fallacy.
    Trolling in a forum is generally bringing up topics that stir up people's anger unproductively.

I don't know what you are talking about with my diet- I eat grains almost every day. I just don't eat gluten.

jimhensen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by paleo-bunny View Post
    That's cos you're just a big pussy.
    lol, oh YOU!!

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    A twat? Man, I haven't heard that one in a while. Knowing that it a slang term for a vagina, I take it as a compliment though.
    Try checking out modern usage... Twat - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    "As a derogatory insult, a pejorative meaning a fool, a stronger alternative to the word twit - 'He can be a complete twat'"

You obviously suffer from a lack of language knowledge so I stand by my assessment.

I'd like to add that you don't make me angry... I simply find you foolish because you insist on telling people who choose not to eat the foods you like to eat that they should eat them... for NO reason other than you think they are tasty.
    It's really ridiculous.
    Last edited by cori93437; 07-02-2012 at 01:30 PM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Try checking out modern usage... Twat - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    "As a derogatory insult, a pejorative meaning a fool, a stronger alternative to the word twit - 'He can be a complete twat'"
    Twat is perfect in this context IMO.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    I just think Jimhensen is a twat. I hope he gets toast crumbs all in his keyboard.
    I don't understand sentiments like this at all. Why not be thankful that there is someone around to offer a contrary point of view? It either reinforces your position or makes you stop and question. Is BREAD BAD so much a part of your identity that having the notion questioned provokes negative feelings?
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast