Hello there,

i've had a chronic sinusitis for a while. I have better and worse days, but my sinuses haven't been really free for a couple of years now. Tests (like ultrasound and tomography) show that i have nasal polyps, but the condition is not bad enough to justify surgery. I also have frequent post nasal drip, stuffy nose, throat infections and colds; conventional allergy tests are always negative.

Paleo/Primal has improved my body composition and i think overall joint and muscle health, but i've had no improvement at all on my immune system and sinus/nasal health. I started trying to avoid nightshades and histamine promoting foods, but i caught a cold 2 weeks ago which i'm still recovering from, so i haven't been able to notice any improvement.

So after this last cold i went to my Ear/Nose/Throat doctor, and he prescribed a nasal spray with Budesonide (Budesonide - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) for my sinus problem. What is the primal community's opinion on this? I've been taking it for about 10 days, i can't really say whether it's working or not.

Cheers,
C.