Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Paleo Magazine for Women page

Rasputina is offline Senior Member

Paleo Magazine for Women

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    As I'm leafing through my "Shape" magazine, I started thinking about how nice it would be to have a paleo magazine for women. Most female fitness and healthy lifestyle mags are great for workout ideas, but suck in the food/nutrition department. I'd like a paleo mag for women that is not only tailored to women's workouts, but focuses also on paleo nutrition, female health concerns, mental and spiritual health, as well as reviews on paleo resources and inspirational female paleo role models. I wonder how much it would cost to start up an online mag like this?

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    That would be super nice. I have no idea how much it would cost though.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

kenn is offline Senior Member
    If you're good with computers you could do everything yourself and do it for dirt cheap. It's really just a hyper organized blog. You would need to focus on branding, brand awareness and content generation. If you have a definite aim of the magazine and the willingness to educate yourself on the how it is very achievable for little startup cost.
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Figlio di Moros is offline Senior Member
    Online? You'd have to pay for server space, maybe bandwidth, ads, plus for any full- or part-time help required, such as writers, web designers or other IT personel, etc. The nature of the magazine, it's possible for a number of those persons to be volunteer, so it's quite superfluous to assume anything on cost beyond that of the server until you have a working business model.

Paleobird Guest
    I wonder if Carrie Sisson would be interested/willing to get involved with something like this.

kenn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Figlio di Moros View Post
    Online? You'd have to pay for server space, maybe bandwidth, ads, plus for any full- or part-time help required, such as writers, web designers or other IT personel, etc. The nature of the magazine, it's possible for a number of those persons to be volunteer, so it's quite superfluous to assume anything on cost beyond that of the server until you have a working business model.
    Well said.

Developing a Business Plan is always the way to go.
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

sjmc is offline Senior Member
    What do people think of Paleo Magazine? Has anyone bought and read a copy?

Wanderlust is offline Senior Member
    Why limit to women? It's a small demographic as it is, why cut it in half?
    "Go For Broke"
    Fat Kine-230/24% @ 6'2"
    Small Kine-168/9%
    Now- 200/8%
    Goal- 210/6%

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wanderlust View Post
    Why limit to women? It's a small demographic as it is, why cut it in half?
    Because it's still a completely different demographic.

I hate to be all "we're special!" but a lot of things really do work differently when youhave to take into consideration different hormones (and fluctuating levels of hormones), different healthy bodyfat levels, menopause, childbirth and pretty much everything else.

And there is a Paleo Magazine for everyone (print and online). I just had to cancel my subscription, but for lack of funds, not lack of quality. It's actually pretty good.

http://www.paleomagonline.com/
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Figlio di Moros is offline Senior Member
    Wanderlust, do you have any interest in reading articles about women-specific issues? I know I don't, and most men would agree. By default, any magazine that tackled women-specific issues would end up being just such a magazine.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast