Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Paleo Magazine for Women page 4

Rasputina is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracil View Post
    I don't really see the point of a second magazine. As a man, gender-specific stuff is still relevant to me because hey, there are women in my life, and if I'm going to share knowledge about Paleo/Primal, I'd want to know about that information as well.

Which is why I think it's better for it to go into the current Paleo Magazine, especially since many of their contributors are already women, like Amy Kubal, the Paleo RD for the magazine and Robb Wolf.

If you want to see more women's related health issues, why not just write to them and suggest that?

That said, I'm apparently one of the rare men who isn't disgusted by women's health topics.
    Just as there are magazines called "Men's Health," and "Women's Health," and dozens of others that devote entire content to one gender, I am interested in an entire magazine devoted to women and the paleo lifestyle. It doesn't need to replace or be absorbed by the current Paleo Magazine. I think the 50k+ viewed thread devoted to "She-Groks" on this forum makes it clear that we certainly have enough issues, as women, to discuss.

As I've said before, this thread has nothing to do with men, and, no offense, we really don't care what you have to say about the concept of a paleo magazine for women.

Dracil is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasputina View Post
    As I've said before, this thread has nothing to do with men, and, no offense, we really don't care what you have to say about the concept of a paleo magazine for women.
    Well, if you wish to be so hostile about it, *shrug* nobody's stopping you.

Though I think it's a stretch to speak for all women there. Kinda like how male paleo authors think they speak for all paleo followers?
    Last edited by Dracil; 07-02-2012 at 05:27 PM.

Well, if you wish to be so hostile about it, *shrug* nobody's stopping you.

Though I think it's a stretch to speak for all women there. Kinda like how male paleo authors think they speak for all paleo followers?
    I'm not being hostile, I'm just being honest. I'm not sure what woman would care what any man has to say about the women's fitness mags she wishes to read. Maybe these women exist, I dunno. Pity, if they do.

Dracil is offline Senior Member
    I'm not being hostile, I'm just being honest. I'm not sure what woman would care what any man has to say about the women's fitness mags she wishes to read. Maybe these women exist, I dunno. Pity, if they do.
    Let me rephrase that. You don't care about what men who are interested in women's health because they care about the women in their lives (who are not magazine/English readers) have to say and would prefer they be kept in the dark about women's issues for the simple fact that they have a different set of organs. Got it. I still think that's a bit narrow-minded and somewhat sexist, but it's your magazine and you don't care anyway, so I'm done here.
    Last edited by Dracil; 07-02-2012 at 05:57 PM.

Figlio di Moros is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    If you don't want to learn about the "mystery bits", there are other men that are eager and willing to learn. With live subjects even!
    That's actually my prefered method of learning...

kenn is offline Senior Member
    Competition is fine, but I'm not convinced a better product will be made. Consolidation does have its advantages. Or rather, market fragmentation does have its disadvantages to consumers.
    Except this isn't really fragmentation like you're talking about. Really the only person that should believe whether it will be a better product is the entrepreneur

Again the OP seems rather to like arguing about doing it rather than discussing how to do it so I guess I agree it probably won't happen.
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Let me rephrase that. You don't care about what men who are interested in women's health because they care about the women in their lives (who are not magazine/English readers) have to say and would prefer they be kept in the dark about women's issues for the simple fact that they have a different set of organs. Got it. I still think that's a bit narrow-minded and somewhat sexist, but it's your magazine and you don't care anyway, so I'm done here.
    Go read Shape, then. Or Self. Or Cosmo. Or Women's Health. Why would anyone care if you read it? The editors aren't marketing the magazines towards you, and they certainly don't care if you read it, so knock yourself out. Also, it's not MY magazine, the magazine doesn't exist. I'm trying to discuss with other WOMEN on this forum what we would want or not want to see in a Paleo Women's Magazine. It just has absolutely nothing to do with you. Quit being a freak.

Quote Originally Posted by Sihana View Post
    I could see how this could be useful, but what exactly would you fill it with?

More importantly, what would be its name?
    Well, I'd like it if such mag could include mini workout guides, maybe reviews on athletic, some recipes, maybe some paleo/primal restaurant product reviews, articles on biological and mental health issues, interviews with female athletes, chefs, physicians, etc. What would you put in your mag, if you had one?
    As for what it would be called... I have no clue! I probably wouldn't include paleo or primal in the title though.

Paleobird Guest
    I think it should be called "Grokelle".

I would like to see articles about how a female metabolism responds to various training techniques, IFing, carbohydrate restriction/cycling, etc. Also interviews with female athletes, doctors, trainers, nutritionists who understand and recommend the Primal lifestyle.

lambchop is offline Senior Member
    Go read Shape, then. Or Self. Or Cosmo. Or Women's Health. Why would anyone care if you read it? The editors aren't marketing the magazines towards you, and they certainly don't care if you read it, so knock yourself out. Also, it's not MY magazine, the magazine doesn't exist. I'm trying to discuss with other WOMEN on this forum what we would want or not want to see in a Paleo Women's Magazine. It just has absolutely nothing to do with you. Quit being a freak.
    bizarre approach to an open forum

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast