Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Paleo Magazine for Women page 3

Paleobird Guest
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Wanderlust View Post
    I think being able to address both adequately would help fill out the content of gender neutral mag. Would probably be harder to get enough content and readership going the single gender route. Correct me if I'm wrong here, but it seems that most mainstream women's magazines always seem to devolve to fashion and gossip to fill content.

Regarding the second, maybe the mystery should be left a mystery?
    This wouldn't be mainstream. It would be Paleo/Primal. Grokelles don't do fashion and gossip. And the only reason anyone feels the need for it is because the female perspective on nutrition and fitness is not being well represented or addressed currently.

Mystery is good. Ignorance is not. Especially if you want a happy Grokelle in your life.

Wanderlust is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasputina View Post
    This thread has absolutely nothing to do with men- at all.
    Roger that, the ban hammer has come down.
    "Go For Broke"
    Fat Kine-230/24% @ 6'2"
    Small Kine-168/9%
    Now- 200/8%
    Goal- 210/6%

Figlio di Moros is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by paleo-bunny View Post
    Who gives a flying fuck about your gender bias?
    Paleobird(Robin?), who I was having a (sub-)conversation with. The male perspective on female issues makes the prospect of a meaningful gender-neutral mag unappealing.

So, who gives a flying fuck about what you think is biased?

kenn is offline Senior Member
    This thread is about men vs women instead of business related stuff that I thought this thread would be about...le sigh.......
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Dracil is offline Senior Member
    I don't really see the point of a second magazine. As a man, gender-specific stuff is still relevant to me because hey, there are women in my life, and if I'm going to share knowledge about Paleo/Primal, I'd want to know about that information as well.

Which is why I think it's better for it to go into the current Paleo Magazine, especially since many of their contributors are already women, like Amy Kubal, the Paleo RD for the magazine and Robb Wolf.

If you want to see more women's related health issues, why not just write to them and suggest that?

That said, why is it always assumed men are automatically gonna be squeamish/disgusted by normal women's health stuff? Or am I just weird?

Figlio di Moros is offline Senior Member
    Not really, atleast not so far, anyways. A few women mentioned most sites don't deal with feminine issues; I explained the high negatives female issues have among men. Then Bunny called me gender-biased. Cest la vie, amirite?

kenn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracil View Post
    I don't really see the point of a second magazine. As a man, gender-specific stuff is still relevant to me because hey, there are women in my life, and if I'm going to share knowledge about Paleo/Primal, I'd want to know about that information as well.

Which is why I think it's better for it to go into the current Paleo Magazine, especially since many of their contributors are already women, like Amy Kubal, the Paleo RD for the magazine and Robb Wolf.

If you want to see more women's related health issues, why not just write to them and suggest that?

That said, I'm apparently one of the rare men who isn't disgusted by women's health topics.
    I disagree there is always room for niche publications and many have been successful. Competition is great and if you can produce a better product for consumers then do it.
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Wanderlust is offline Senior Member
    Oi oi, come on boys move along, let the ladies have the thread to themselves.
    "Go For Broke"
    Fat Kine-230/24% @ 6'2"
    Small Kine-168/9%
    Now- 200/8%
    Goal- 210/6%

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Correct me if I'm wrong here, but it seems that most mainstream women's magazines always seem to devolve to fashion and gossip to fill content.
    Actually, I think that's part of the problem. I don't really give a crap what the latest in hot, sexy workout wear is. It's just going to get sweaty anyway, at least if you're doing it right.

Regarding the second, maybe the mystery should be left a mystery?
    If you don't want to learn about the "mystery bits", there are other men that are eager and willing to learn.

With live subjects even!
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Dracil is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn View Post
    I disagree there is always room for niche publications and many have been successful. Competition is great and if you can produce a better product for consumers then do it.
    Competition is fine, but I'm not convinced a better product will be made. Consolidation does have its advantages. Or rather, market fragmentation does have its disadvantages to consumers.
    Last edited by Dracil; 07-02-2012 at 05:23 PM.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast