Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nuts vs cheese vs chocolate page

Gadsie is offline Senior Member

Nuts vs cheese vs chocolate

Shop Now
    I'm having a little situation. On sundays my favorite shop (a hippie shop with everything organic and grassfed etc) is closed. So I always buy sunday's food on saturday. I buy a lot. However, sometimes a sunday turns out a lot more active than I expect (went basketballing a couple of hours today). And I am still very hungry at the end of the day while all the food is already gone. I usually take a tablespoon of coconut oil but I can't handle that very well an any more leaves me nauseated (yet still hungry). So I need some other filling food. The "regular grocery store" is always open on sundays. I can get some raw cheese there, macadamias or dark chocolate (85-99%). These seem the best choices there. Which one seems best health-wise? Or does anybody know other calorie dense foods which don't require cooking? (living with my parents, they don't want me cooking all the time)
    Billie trips balls

gibson girl is offline Junior Member
    Honestly, I'd have to get all three! Sounds like a great combination.

For non-cooking, I'll mash up an avocado and mix it with chopped bacon, maybe a little mayo, maybe even chopped hardboiled egg. Apple slices make good dippers, too.

Deviled eggs are handy to keep in the fridge.

Cold sliced steak with mustard.

Thin-sliced ham rolled around a pickle.

Frozen berries mixed with coconut milk/cinnamon/vanilla makes a great summer snack.

Your folks don't have a microwave?

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    you shop everyday for food?

i'd stock up on some wild salmon or tuna, which is sold in pouches and keep that around for something more substantial than a handful of nuts or a few bites of chocolate.

i always have hard-boiled eggs in the fridge too.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by gibson girl View Post

For non-cooking, I'll mash up an avocado and mix it with chopped bacon, maybe a little mayo, maybe even chopped hardboiled egg. Apple slices make good dippers, too.

Frozen berries mixed with coconut milk/cinnamon/vanilla makes a great summer snack.

The coconut milk smoothie is an awesome idea I'll stock up on coconut milk
    Billie trips balls

Quote Originally Posted by noodletoy View Post
    you shop everyday for food?

i'd stock up on some wild salmon or tuna, which is sold in pouches and keep that around for something more substantial than a handful of nuts or a few bites of chocolate.

i always have hard-boiled eggs in the fridge too.
    Yeah I shop everyday. With the amount I eat it hardly fits in the fridge to stock up for 2 days. Also because I have to share of course with my parents. But 3/4 of the fridge is always my food for a day. The other 1/4 is for both my parents for an entire week
    Billie trips balls

Quote Originally Posted by gibson girl View Post

Do you know how long mashed avocado lasts in the fridge?
    Billie trips balls

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    squirt some lemon over the avocado and it will last a few days. the surface may oxidize and go brown, but it will be fine to eat. whole and ripe, they keep in the fridge at least a week.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

SteakNchop is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadsie View Post
    Yeah I shop everyday. With the amount I eat it hardly fits in the fridge to stock up for 2 days. Also because I have to share of course with my parents. But 3/4 of the fridge is always my food for a day. The other 1/4 is for both my parents for an entire week
    Get your own fridge. I bought one of those mini-fridges for $50 and it holds almost all my food. It's a lot easier not having to worry about running out of something because somebody else took the privilege of eating it without asking.

I also shop for food everyday. I have a Whole Foods and Trader Joes a mile away.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Macademia nuts , hands down, have the most health benefits. Depends on which food you would find the most satiating though.

Artichoke is offline Senior Member
    Shell some pistachio nuts, melt some chocolate in the microwave or in a heatproof bowl over simmering water on the stove. Stir in nuts, pour/spoon (depending on consistency) onto flat baking tray. As cooling, score into squares and then voila, a nutty chocolately treat.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast