Thread: Another UK newbie page

Elsielou is offline Junior Member

Another UK newbie

Shop Now
    Hi everyone!

I've been lurking on here for a couple of weeks and thought it was about time I joined in properly.

I've been mostly primal for a few weeks. I've always felt healthier cutting out grains so in a way I've eaten similar to primal on and off for the past couple of years, but I've always fallen back into bad ways, mostly due to a love of bread! This time round though, a friend mentioned trying paleo in her blog and some research led me here. Although I've known from personal experience that wheat does me no favours, it's been an eye opener to realise the implications of a SAD diet for the majority of the western world.

I'm lucky that I've not suffered from any major health problems. I'm reasonably fit thanks to a love of fell walking and running round after my 2 small boys. I guess the transition to primal hasn't been too hard for me so far as I was brought up to not eat much processed food and have always been a meat and 2 veg kinda girl! (just need to cut down on the jersey royals a tad!) I do have a bit of weight to lose (currently 148lbs at 5'2") and I'm aiming to not shy away from the weights in the gym anymore instead of using my lack of upper body strength as an excuse not to lift (yeah makes no sense I know...) Hopefully I can change that reasonably fit, to very fit

Nigel is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Elsielou View Post
    I'm reasonably fit thanks to a love of fell walking
    I'm in the Peak District at present. Assessing 5 teams doing their Duke of Edinburgh Gold Award expeditions.

At least I can eat primal as I am cooking for myself.
    Why use a sledge hammer to crack a nut when a steam roller is even more effective, and, is fun to drive.

Elsielou is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nigel View Post
    I'm in the Peak District at present. Assessing 5 teams doing their Duke of Edinburgh Gold Award expeditions.

At least I can eat primal as I am cooking for myself.
    Our Y11s have been doing their silver this weekend. Unfortunately I couldn't go and help due to child care issues...I'm quite glad considering the storms we've had though!

I love the peak district Went to uni in sheffield so I spent a lot of time there then.

JuliaKathryn is offline Junior Member
    Hi Elsielou. I'm 5 2" and 146. I've been a rubbish primal for about two years and for the last 6 days have been primal-excellenti.Longing to see if any of the (small) amount of weight goes. I walk, spint, cycle and lift heavy things when I can force myself into the gym, because I have realised I hate gyms...

madog is offline Senior Member
    Hello and enjoy the journey

Wanderlust is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Elsielou View Post
    Although I've known from personal experience that wheat does me no favours, it's been an eye opener to realise the implications of a SAD diet for the majority of the western world.
    Welcome and best of luck. Maybe for the tribe on the other side of the pond (two ponds from me I guess), we should rename it the SUK diet.
    "Go For Broke"
    Fat Kine-230/24% @ 6'2"
    Small Kine-168/9%
    Now- 200/8%
    Goal- 210/6%

Gary Conway is offline Senior Member
    Hello Elsielou!