Thread: What tips and tricks to speed up the after effects of eating badly? page

Huntress is offline Junior Member

What tips and tricks to speed up the after effects of eating badly?

Primal Fuel
    Hi all!

Just wondering if anyone out there has good ways to speed up the discomfort / yuck feelings after eating sugary food and/ or grains?

I went to a charity afternoon tea and there was nothing - not one thing - that could be considered paleo. I didn't eat much, but didn't want to sit there sipping water for 3 hours!! Now regretting that. . . .

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    I would guess (so theory only) that going VLC would be the best way to purge excess carbs. A couple of days of that should deplete glycogen stores.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Guster is offline Junior Member
    Exercise..burn off that sugar.

Artichoke is offline Senior Member
    I'd say that the best strategy is not to eat it in the first place and take some portable edibles with you in your pocket or in a cooler in the car perhaps.

At a catered event which you had to attend with little advance warning it might have been worthwhile having a word with the caterers, since they will be used to dealing with food intolerances all the time and might have been able to rustle you up a Primal snack from the stuff held in reserve.