Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Taming Of's Primal Journal page 2

tamingof is offline Junior Member
    IMG_0828.jpg

A picture of me! Harder to take a full body pic of yourself than I was anticipating.

Happy Lughnasadh! Have to admit it's a little weird celebrating my first Lughnasadh after being diagnosed celiac and allergic to corn. No corn dollies for me. But there are plenty of other things to celebrate harvesting. So here's to better health!

Hi everybody! It's been a while as opera fall season has started up and once again gone back to taking over my life. Yay money right?

At least work is also a good work out. Climbing 34' straight ladders, 4 flights of stairs, picking up two 17lb lights, picking up "bricks" (30lb counterweights), etc. etc. Also it's about a mile walk, and I've been managing to do that most days, so that gets me about two miles a day towards Mordor. This week I've walked 7.7 miles, but the main thing being, I managed to walk 5.76mi in one day!

Doing a pretty good job managing the food vs. hunger situation too. Experimenting with bringing sweet potatoes and almond muffins as "recovery" food during breaks. Adding kefir to my smoothies was also a good choice. ((I know, not completely primal, but I myself have no adverse reactions to dairy and I limit my intake.))

I also got my play in this weekend by running around Dolores Park which has an amazing new playground. Totally adult sized! And it has tons of fun shapes to climb on. My favorite is still the swings!
    My Primal Journal

Journey to Mordor: 174.39/1779 mi.

Current Stats---
    Total Weight: 152.8lbs
    Fat %: 30.4

"My feet hurt from kicking so much ass."

I just finished reading "It Starts with Food" by Melissa and Dallas Hartwig, and man does it make me want to recommit to fighting the sugar addiction. Well, it also helps that I just got dosed with some corn and I am dealing with my "hay" fever/stuffy sinuses again. I used to feel like this all the time? Ug. No wonder I never got anything done. I think I'll check out the thread for the next month's Whole30. I want to look into CSA farm boxes again and maybe a meat thing too. I'm thinking this would work better because it would force me to get veggies I normally wouldn't, but I'll have to see if any of them would exclude the veggies I'm allergic to. Also the whole cost vs. waste argument again. I've gotten better about not wasting fresh food, but my schedule does get the best of me from time to time.

In work out news I'm a little far behind in my walking this week because I went traveling to my cousin's wedding, but I'm still at 4.1 mi without counting the walking I'll do later today! Boom. 44.3 miles on my way to Mordor! Perusing the exercise threads today trying to build a workout schedule. I'm thinking mostly body weight exercises, maybe every other day with yoga, and then all the walking all the time. Weird to be trying to build a training schedule when I'm so used to coaches and teachers doing it for me. Eh, good challenges all around!
    My Primal Journal

Current Stats---

DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    Hi! I was reading through your journal. Are you a lighting tech at a theatre? In my former life (before kids) I did a lot of stage work. Set Design, scenic painting, and Construction, all non-union and some community. Even acted a bit!

I loved it, but needed to make more money and when the kids came, time was harder to come by... I hope to get back to it maybe when I retire, which is why I am doing PB, so I can live long enough and stay healthy and active.

Sounds like you are doing great so far! Best of luck!
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 224
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 30.5

Hi DCarr!
    Yup I work as a stagehand with IATSE, usually an electrician but I do a little of pretty much everything else. It is a lot of fun, but yea, the money situation can be rough during the off seasons.
    My Primal Journal

Current Stats---

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hi again Everybody! How is your primal life going?

I'm doing pretty good myself. The busy season at work pretty much knocked me out of the park in terms of keeping up with my journaling, but I expected that. The good news is, it didn't knock me too far out of the primal life! For sure my sugar intake ran wild again, and the dairy intake became a staple in my diet instead of a side. But now with it slowing down I've got time to cook again. I'm planning on doing a Whole30 for January with the additional boost of the Whole30 Daily emails. Anybody use that part before? Did you like it? Was it helpful? And for Christmas I got Well Fed, I can't wait to make some of those delicious recipes!

For Solstice I got a FitBit One, which has been amazing to see how much I'm actually moving at work. Or not moving on my days off. It's going to be a great tool for keeping my activity level high. For the off season I have Irish Dance, capoeira, yoga, and body weight work outs planned.

Woot! Also, I'm really glad to still be excited about all this. Best change I've made to my life.
    My Primal Journal

Current Stats---

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12