Thread: Newby question page

ATTAACK is offline Member

Newby question

Shop Now
    Hi,

I'm on day two of cutting grains. I am very tired and my body is screaming for chips or any other stupid snacks. I eat plenty but have a lingering hunger. How long before the tiredness goes away?

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Everyone is different. I had no withdrawl at all but I was coming from a very clean diet. If you have been eating a lot of grains and other crap in the past it can be hard going cold turkey (or even hot roast beaf). If you are strugling up your fruit and veg a bit and perhaps add some rice and quinua to your diet while you adjust.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Beefy is offline Member
    1-2 weeks tops for the carb flu is what I've read and observed. Mine lasted about 5 or so days I think.

Hang in there. It will pass.

I've been feeling pretty crappy for 3 weeks. I don't know what the problem is, but this low carb flu is turning into chronic illness!

hulahoop is offline Senior Member
    I felt pretty crap for 2-3 weeks but only terrible for the first week i'd say. It's so worth it when you come out of the other side. Stick with it, have a few early nights when you've had enough.

Thanks for the support. Just took a nap and had a snack. I'm in this for the long haul; I'll post now and then on the process.

Beefy is offline Member
    Forgot to mention my wife ate some good full fat Greek yogurt periodically to help her get through her carb flu phase. So that could be an option if you are eating dairy. Also, make sure you are eating plenty of fat.

That's an excellent idea. I don't have a lot of fat in the house; I'll go out and get some today.

Here's what I've eaten today:
    Breakfast was a fritta with onions, spinach, peppers, scallions, carrots and broccoli with a side of grilled salmon followed by a small portion of cantaloupe and some cherries.

Lunch was one grilled chicken thigh, 1/2 a breast, big chunk of cheddar, and strawberries.

I've been snacking on bell peppers and almonds periodically.

Still hungry. Heading to the store now...

Okay... so while at the store they had little samples of burgers, 1/4 of a burger. I removed the bun and ate it and felt amazing after.

I got some fatty yogurt and after I got used to the tartness I really liked it. So after the little burger, some full fat yogurt, and a small handful of nuts I was back to normal. Good times!