Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Body Fat page

zwschlei is offline Member

Body Fat

Primal Fuel
    So I have been doing primal for approx 8 weeks. I was in good shape before primal have seen some minor changes in my body but still no abs... I am approx 12-13% body fat and I read you must be below 10% to get abs. Any suggestions to cut down body fat...

Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    Uhm, eat primal with a slight calorie defecit?
    Billie trips balls

Rosencrantz1 is offline Senior Member
    Have you tried IF? I have been doing a leangains-style IF for close to a year now. Using a tape measure calculation, my body fat is in the 9-10% range; I definitely have ab definition. IMO, don't worry at ALL about calories - if you are doing things to keep your insulin low (eating primaly, exercising a bit), that's what will tell your body to burn fat.
    “If you want to build a ship, don't drum up people together to collect wood and don't assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea” -- Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Lift heavy a couple times a week. Eat primal. Sprint once in a while. Walk a lot. I do LC primal when I wanna drop fat and preserve lean mass.

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    You should be seeing abs at 13%
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadsie View Post
    Uhm, eat primal with a slight calorie defecit?
    You're getting pretty snarky there for someone who has never had to do what he's asking about.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jammies View Post
    You're getting pretty snarky there for someone who has never had to do what he's asking about.
    I don't exactly know what snarky means but c'mon, I can be a dick for once right? It's the internet
    Billie trips balls

dgreenwood is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadsie View Post
    I don't exactly know what snarky means but c'mon, I can be a dick for once right? It's the internet
    jammies comment is especially valid since you feel free to flood the forum with every little question that pops into your head. Seems weird for you to condescend to someone asking their own question, no matter how simple it seems to you.

It takes longer to type "I don't exactly know what snarky means" than it does to google the word and maybe expand your vocabulary a bit.

You can be a dick if you want (I guess I'm kinda doing it right now), just don't be surprised if someone calls you on it. It's part of the deal.

zwschlei is offline Member
    So I am eating primal, I am 5'8'', 160lbs, primal 8 weeks.

Also, I had surgery on a torn labrum in November, so I am thinking that I have not been able to lift as heavy as I would like especially when it comes to bench which is not allowing me to cut down on BF, any suggestions in that area???

Bosnic is offline Senior Member
    Everyone has abs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast