Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Feeling a little frustrated... page 2

Dirlot is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Eat the toppings.
    You may be overweigh but not morbidly so. Given your job and the activity level I would up the calories and aim to loose the weight slowly. Cutting the grains and processed crap will help a lot with weight loss.
    As others have said 80/20 is there for a reason. It is not about planning to cheat but about dealing what life gives you on a particular day.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Quote Originally Posted by bsmith35 View Post
    I do feel pretty sluggish some days...I usually feel better if I gravitate closer to 2200 - 2400 calories/day. I am losing weight but I've been hovering around 165 lbs and I would like to stay here. I just want to decrease the BF %. Any tips? Also thanks for all the replies!!
    I am not sure how tall you are I am assuming around 6'. You need to put on a lot more muscle. I am 6' 182 lbs and I am sitting at about 13%bf (and enjoying seeing the 6 pack...lol). Right now your lean body mass is about 132 lbs If you get down to 10% bf at 6' you will be loosing around 16lbs which puts your weight at 149lbs. IMHO you need to up your calories and get started on a good strength training program.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

bsmith35 is offline Junior Member
    I'm only 5'7" so I'm pretty short. You're right on the money with my lean mass..sitting right around 131 lbs. As far as strength training I will be doing crossfit about 3 days per week...with swimming in between with the kiddos . I'm actually pretty happy with the way I look right now considering I was 190 lbs at my heaviest (pretty fat for a dude thats 5'7"). Hopefully I'll lose some of this last 10 - 15 lbs while gaining muscle...I do want to lose it in a healthy manner and if slow is the case then thats fine. As far as crossfit/strength training is concered...does 2200 calories/day sound about right? Or should I just eat if I'm hungry?

Brian

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bsmith35 View Post
    I'm only 5'7" so I'm pretty short. You're right on the money with my lean mass..sitting right around 131 lbs. As far as strength training I will be doing crossfit about 3 days per week...with swimming in between with the kiddos . I'm actually pretty happy with the way I look right now considering I was 190 lbs at my heaviest (pretty fat for a dude thats 5'7"). Hopefully I'll lose some of this last 10 - 15 lbs while gaining muscle...I do want to lose it in a healthy manner and if slow is the case then thats fine. As far as crossfit/strength training is concered...does 2200 calories/day sound about right? Or should I just eat if I'm hungry?

Brian
    I like to go with eat when hungry....unless that fails, then start counting calories. But, I'm a bit biased cause eat when hungry worked just fine for me. Of course I also kept carbs bellow 100g on a daily basis too.

Eat when you are hungry and eat so you feel better too. Your body know if you are not eating enough (re one of your earlier posts) you will get there.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Carry some emergency rations... cheese/tinned fish/corned beef etc. Carry some butter so you can make a bulletproof coffee.

AdamA is offline Junior Member
    Hi, I have been facing some issues with my health recently. I have lost 8 pounds, and that too without doing any sort of exercise. I actually never wanted to loose weight. Is there anything I can intake so that i could make up for it?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12