Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: What's for dinner? page 7

Paleobird Guest
    I rarely eat pork but I found some ground wild boar meat at Sprouts. I'm thinking either meat balls or a meat loaf. Can't decide which.

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    Moroccan Beef Tagine, made with grass fed local beef, tomatoes,onions,carrots, cinnamon,ginger, cumin, coriander 2 kinds of paprika and garlic. It's slowly cooking in my solar cooker. I'll serve it with these delicious Italian squash my husband grows flavored with lemon, olive oil and cilantro.

Betorq is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    I rarely eat pork but I found some ground wild boar meat at Sprouts. I'm thinking either meat balls or a meat loaf. Can't decide which.
    Slow cook it up all juicy & I will prostrate @ your feet. I LOVE sucking down ample wild boar.
    BBQ'd, pulled. Sure whatever... Meatballs?? Ok...!!

My amended dinner outcome:
    Slow baked Pacific salmon steaks w/ an orange juice reduction, wee bit of sea salt & cayenne, topped w/ a simple pale horseradish paste. Steamed cabbage, cauliflower & broc topped w/ melted butter. Small cup of lentil soup (she insisted, it was nice & spicy, Moroccan style, extra cumin). I had a big pile of guac & 2nds of veggies.

Crabbcakes is online now Senior Member
    Mom Isn't Cooking Tonight Default Dinner by Dad:

beef patties on the grill
    onion and tomato slices
    large lettuce leaves to wrap it in
    organic catsup and mustard if wanted

grilled corn on the cob (Mom is the only Primal - didn't partake, but other family members did)

TLoRu is offline Senior Member
    Sushi!

Raw tuna and avacado salad, no dressing
    Salmon wrapped in Cucumber roll ( nice rice alternative)
    Apple and tuna roll

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    Oxtail + chuck and carrots w/ broth/sauce (very fatty broth from the tailbones) in the crockpot, salad of very nice local stuff, little bit of blue cheese.
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Betorq View Post
    Slow cook it up all juicy & I will prostrate @ your feet. I LOVE sucking down ample wild boar.
    BBQ'd, pulled. Sure whatever... Meatballs?? Ok...!!
    The boar came pre-ground. If I could find it any other way I would slow cook it for you. How 'bout catching me one and bringing me back a slab?

Artichoke is offline Senior Member
    Prosciutto crudo and salad of raw veggies hold the lettuce plus HM dressing and a dollop of Tesco organic mayo (OK but not as good as Abel & Cole one) and then a mug of cocoa made with Hershey's unsweetened cocoa and organic milk.

Betorq is offline Senior Member
    Grass-fed 90/10 burgers w/ garlic/dill havarti cheese melted in the center w/ onions & 1 sliced jalepeno sauteed in butter & coconut oil black pepper & soy sauce. Stir fried mixed veggies. More guacamole, small salad. Twice fermented water kefir w/ raisin, ginger, lime, orange & kiwi infusion.

Did my 3 small lacto-fermented buckwheat pancakes for breakfast(w/ a side bowl of homemade yogurt, blueberries & 3 soaked walnuts). Disappointingly, instead of reliving fond/idealized past memories, I was kind "meh" over the flavor, heaviness & chalkiness of them. Also I got very hungry about 3.5 hours later for an early lunch. Protein & fat, it's what wasn't for breakfast...

Have I adapted & ruined my past love affair w/ buckwheat? More experiments may be needed, as for several months, the most carby things I've consumed have been sweet potatoes, bananas & watermelon...
    Last edited by Betorq; 07-16-2012 at 05:24 PM.
    "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
    "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
    "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown

Iron Will is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Pan fried Cod fillets in butter and garlic with lemon. Kind of turned out poached actually. Mushrooms and asparagus sauteed in butter with red onion.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast