Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Obligatory "It's hot out there" thread. page 9

catdance62 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    so far we've had a pretty decent summer compared to last year when it was 100+ for over 60 days straight and no rain for over 65 days. I know a lot of ya'll are suffering and I completely understand but I am glad it isn't us again this year.

Bron is offline Senior Member
    Middle of winter here and even though we started the day in jumpers, by midday, they were off (we were at a garden expo, walking around in the sun). Temp right now is about 16* (not sure what that is in F, never learned to convert that), so our nights are fairly chilly. Gets to below freezing at times.

NicoleP is offline Senior Member
    I run on three to four days a week. I only run the length of my street and back. Its only about 2000 steps total on my pedometer, but I have gotten worse since we started getting into the 90's. Most of the time people don't get worse at this sort of thing when they do it fairly often. Now I have to stop and walk a few paces every minute or so because I feel like my heart is going to explode. I didn't have this problem before then. The air is just so damn heavy and my arms and legs just don't want to move. I can still do my walking with ease, but I don't enjoy it like I normally do. I even wait until just before dark, but I still sweat bullets and have to wear light weight merino wool shirts just to keep from getting soaked. I totally love Icebreaker clothing for summer.

Also, I must say that I really envy the ladies located in the dryer parts of the country as they have good hair most of the time (bitches, LOL). When I visit AZ or CO my hair always looks good. Here in NC I can use a flat iron on it to smooth it out and in 5 minutes it is totally messed up and frizzy. I would rather be in AZ at the moment dealing with 115 degrees rather than 95 here in NC.
    Last edited by NicoleP; 07-08-2012 at 12:53 AM.

breadsauce is offline Senior Member
    Well, even though it is supposed to be summer here in the UK, we've had 6 or 7 weeks of rain. Yesterday in some places a months rain fell in 24 hours. We have had the wettest April since records began, then the wettest June - and now floods in July. Yet earlier in the year, following a couple of dry years, we had drought warnings and hosepipe bans!!

UK Flood Threat Remains As More Rain Forecast

Look at the video top left to see some flooding!

BBC News - A look at floods around the UK as torrential rain spreads

It is pretty well the entire country. Hope it lets up for Wimbledon...!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-18627761
    Last edited by breadsauce; 07-08-2012 at 01:24 AM.

Bess58 is offline Member
    Another European here! In Germany, the summer so far has been terrible, with rains and thunderstorms. Several people were killed when lightening struck them ... Last week, our basement got flooded.

And today I have to report that in Cologne, it's pouring rain on the Christopher Street Day Parade. So sorry for all the people who came into the city to celebrate!

katiepotato is offline Member
    European but in Dubai - it hasn't rained since April, it is about 120F daily with humidity at 65% today, it will go up to 130F and up to 80% humidity in August. Not a good time of year to be a desert dweller!

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bess58 View Post
    Another European here! In Germany, the summer so far has been terrible, with rains and thunderstorms. Several people were killed when lightening struck them ... Last week, our basement got flooded.

And today I have to report that in Cologne, it's pouring rain on the Christopher Street Day Parade. So sorry for all the people who came into the city to celebrate!
    I'm going to have to check into this... my cousins haven't said anything so far about the weather being so bad... but then again, one of them just got back from a few weeks vacation on the Azoren Inseln.

If the weather doesn't get better there soon, you will soon have fall / winter... I remember one winter there when it literally had some kind of wet precipitation for FORTY days straight.

kenn is offline Senior Member
    I have quite enjoyed the 100 plus days here in Ohio. The lack of rain is the concern for me.
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleP View Post
    Also, I must say that I really envy the ladies located in the dryer parts of the country as they have good hair most of the time (bitches, LOL). When I visit AZ or CO my hair always looks good. Here in NC I can use a flat iron on it to smooth it out and in 5 minutes it is totally messed up and frizzy. I would rather be in AZ at the moment dealing with 115 degrees rather than 95 here in NC.
    I'm laughing because I have a ton of hair, but it's very fine, so mine looks better in the humidity!
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

jacman is offline Junior Member
    right now, at my house (elevation: 1718 feet), it is 108F.

i spend most of my day driving from one client to the next, in an open jeep.

my tan looks great.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast