Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Obligatory "It's hot out there" thread. page 6

SoccerGrok is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Bout 70 here today, with some cloud cover. Very pleasant:-) After being here 5 years, my California Boy heat tolerance has faded, and anything above 85 is just not nice.

keithpowers is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleP View Post
    That must be one of the most awesome places on earth! I would be totally happy with 70. Always wanted to visit NZ but would hate the long flight.

In the USMC we call that "monkey butt" and use Boudreaux's Butt Paste to clear it up. LOL! It really works wonders on lots of different things. It may not have all primal ingredients but when you have monkey butt you will do all you can to get rid of it.

http://www.amazon.com/Boudreauxs-But...rds=butt+paste
    One of my pals who did a few too many recreational pharmaceuticals over the years used to refer to it as "pinecone" because (wait for it...) it felt like you wiped your ass with a pinecone.

I have no idea how he knows that sensation, and I don't WANT to know.
    Peak weight on Standard American Diet: 316.8 lbs
    Initial Weight When Starting Primal: 275 lbs
    Current weight: 210.8 lbs
    Goal weight: 220 lbs (or less): MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

The way "ChooseMyPlate.gov" should have looked:
    ChooseMyPlate

Jen AlcesAlces is offline Senior Member
    It's been in the mid-90's here for the past week, with a very hot sun (5500 ft altitude), but the nights are cool. Would be great if I could open the windows and cool off the house at night (no A/C), but wildfires on the other side of the mountains are blowing smoke this way. So it's an oven in here. I spend most afternoons in the basement drinking ice water. Being 9 months pregnant doesn't help.

Done bitching. Carry on.
    Jen, former Midwesterner, living in the middle of nowhere.

Rasputina is offline Senior Member
    P.S. It's still hot out there. My husband says I am a lizard, my happiness needs to be charged by the sun. I'm quite dour these past few days.

Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasputina View Post
    P.S. It's still hot out there. My husband says I am a lizard, my happiness needs to be charged by the sun. I'm quite dour these past few days.
    I find it aggravating because i want to go out and work on a couple of furniture projects but it's just mighty unpleasant when it's that hot, so instead I mope around the house.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackcatbone View Post
    I find it aggravating because i want to go out and work on a couple of furniture projects but it's just mighty unpleasant when it's that hot, so instead I mope around the house.
    Yes! Me, too! I have a vintage kitchen side table/hutch that I want to strip and re-paint black. I have these cool Japanese-print-looking black and white porcelain knobs to put on too. What furniture projects are you working on?

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Still slightly sub-100 here... but the humidity is somewhere along the lines Ron Jeremy's ball sack in a sauna... BLERGGGG!
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasputina View Post
    Yes! Me, too! I have a vintage kitchen side table/hutch that I want to strip and re-paint black. I have these cool Japanese-print-looking black and white porcelain knobs to put on too. What furniture projects are you working on?
    I've got two that I'm doing right now, a metal shop table that I stripped the paint from, sanded and needs naval jelly in a few spots which I'm thinking of using (gun) bluing on then waxing and adding a stone slab top to. I'm also sanding a live edge (ala Nakashima) on shelves that my boyfriend made and trying to figure out how I want to finish them. Last weekend I refinished this bench. It was gray/weathered and hadn't had anything done to it in years. I sanded it down to clean wood then applied a cherry Danish oil, which I also wet-sanded in then waxed.

My previous project, a dresser which tried to kill me that's now a landing strip by the front door.

I guess I could just go clean the house. Grrrr
    Last edited by Blackcatbone; 06-30-2012 at 01:51 PM. Reason: The dresser tried to kill me, not the front door.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackcatbone View Post
    I've got two that I'm doing right now, a metal shop table that I stripped the paint from, sanded and needs naval jelly in a few spots which I'm thinking of using (gun) bluing on then waxing and adding a stone slab top to. I'm also sanding a live edge (ala Nakashima) on shelves that my boyfriend made and trying to figure out how I want to finish them. Last weekend I refinished this bench. It was gray/weathered and hadn't had anything done to it in years. I sanded it down to clean wood then applied a cherry Danish oil, which I also wet-sanded in then waxed.

My previous project, a dresser which tried to kill me that's now a landing strip by the front door.

I guess I could just go clean the house. Grrrr
    These are fantastic! I love mid-century modern. I wish you lived near me, so we could scour the shops for projects together. Do sell your re-furbs or keep them?

A poem I wrote today:

Summer in St. Louis

Built my Budweiser-can castle,
    beer-tabbed turrets,
    bloody tips, snapped,
    crisp, muddy-water clean,
    Monsanto salved,
    like mosquitoes on your lips,
    drinking the margarita smear.
    Your swimmers, drowning in pools
    of K.C. Masterpiece.