Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Obligatory "It's hot out there" thread. page 4

Rasputina is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    It's nice out now, in the dark, I'm going to go out and look for the TARDIS.

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    Pretty soon we'll get the monsoons and 115F, but for now it's pretty decent as long as you stay in the shade.
    Oh blarrrrgh! The only place I want to go is further north. You seriously have my respect - I couldn't live there. My idea of a vacation spot is Forks, WA, with all that rain (looked great from those Twilight movies) and the mountains...

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasputina View Post
    It's nice out now, in the dark, I'm going to go out and look for the TARDIS.
    Ha! I only know of Dr. Who, never seen an episode. Now, if you were to look for the Enterprise...!!!!

Pamsc is offline Senior Member
    High today here was 106. It was around 70 early this morning but I'm afraid it won't cool off as well tonight.

Paleobird Guest
    San Diegans start whinging about a heat wave if it gets over 80 and we break out the thermal undies if it gets under 60. We are very spoiled. Complete weather wimps. And like it that way.

It was about 76 degrees here today. I know this because my coconut oil was kinda melty when I cooked with it tonight.

NicoleP is offline Senior Member
    I would rather be in southern AZ right now than in southeast NC. Its not as hot here, but the fucking humidity is killing me. Also, since we had a warm winter the bugs are insane. I can't even take my evening walk without gnats sticking too my neck and chest. I can't wear a v neck top because then they stick to my cleavage! I really hate it when it gets this hot, but I am glad I live right on the coast because even a few miles inland it is MUCH hotter.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    It's winter here. It was about 40-45 degrees today. Wind chill just below 40.

Summer doesn't get that hot here. I think it's a "hot day" when we get above 70. LOL

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    110*F today, before heat index. Don't expect it to be below 100*F for a high for the next few months unless we have storms push through.
    And yes, I AM glad it's a dry heat. I don't like having to try to figure out how to get rid of swamp ass and swamp feet.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

NicoleP is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    It's winter here. It was about 40-45 degrees today. Wind chill just below 40.

Summer doesn't get that hot here. I think it's a "hot day" when we get above 70. LOL
    That must be one of the most awesome places on earth! I would be totally happy with 70. Always wanted to visit NZ but would hate the long flight.

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    110*F today, before heat index. Don't expect it to be below 100*F for a high for the next few months unless we have storms push through.
    And yes, I AM glad it's a dry heat. I don't like having to try to figure out how to get rid of swamp ass and swamp feet.
    In the USMC we call that "monkey butt" and use Boudreaux's Butt Paste to clear it up. LOL! It really works wonders on lots of different things. It may not have all primal ingredients but when you have monkey butt you will do all you can to get rid of it.

http://www.amazon.com/Boudreauxs-But...rds=butt+paste
    Last edited by NicoleP; 06-29-2012 at 10:37 PM.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    it's not bad really. you sleep through most of it. I manage about 5-6 hours of the 13 hour flight, so not bad.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast