Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Obligatory "It's hot out there" thread. page 3

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasputina View Post
    I love cicadas and lightning bugs. The smell of honeysuckle and electricity in the air.
    The kids didn't want us to mow the front clearing, so the grass is tall and there are SO many lightning bugs! Last night on the way home there were so many twinkling lights across all the corn and hay fields that I stopped the car to watch. Oh, my, God, sometimes Creation is beautiful!

Rasputina is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bakers3 View Post
    I am in KC so I feel everyone's pain. Seems like it has been 100+ heat index for weeks. And no rain. We need rain! Though it is nice having the humidity relatively low. I am moving back to Oregon next month and can't wait for the more moderate temperatures. And the rain!
    Yes, the brush fires here and power outages are scary! Nothing like, Colorado Springs, of course, but concerning. But, then the rain in St.Louis comes and comes, the rivers that surround us rise, and it's another great flood of '93. We host a muddy sea!

Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    The kids didn't want us to mow the front clearing, so the grass is tall and there are SO many lightning bugs! Last night on the way home there were so many twinkling lights across all the corn and hay fields that I stopped the car to watch. Oh, my, God, sometimes Creation is beautiful!
    It is beautiful. We love playing basketball in torrential downpours! I sometimes miss the stars of the country-side, and will sit on the back deck, awestruck- my husband names the stars for me.

Oh geez - I think I have just realized that my marriage has gotten stale... I am in one of the bedrooms with hubby and a couple of kids watching the original Hawaii 5-0 and talking to y'all...
    Well, as a married woman, without kids, I say that sounds very pleasant. Your kids are making good memories here Book 'em Danno!

It is beautiful. We love playing basketball in torrential downpours! I sometimes miss the stars of the country-side, and will sit on the back deck, awestruck- my husband names the stars for me.
    When I was still growing up, my best friend and I would put on our bathing suits, grab a bar of soap, and lather up in the warm summer rains - just because we could.

When I was still growing up, my best friend and I would put on our bathing suits, grab a bar of soap, and lather up in the warm summer rains - just because we could.
    It sounds magical! Maybe you could still do this with your family! I know my best-friend and I used to do stuff like this, but she now has two toddlers that keep her away from hanging out like that. It really saddens me, I love and miss her.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    We're actually not that bad in Vegas (for here). It was 105 today, but that's with 2% humidity.

Seriously. 2%. Our dewpoint is literally -7F.

Pretty soon we'll get the monsoons and 115F, but for now it's pretty decent as long as you stay in the shade.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

It sounds magical! Maybe you could still do this with your family! I know my best-friend and I used to do stuff like this, but she now has two toddlers that keep her away from hanging out like that. It really saddens me, I love and miss her.
    It will get better. Toddlers just need a lot of time, but they do get older, and then it will be easier to do stuff with perhaps all of them. How about being the totally frickin' cool Aunt Rasputina?!?! Your BF will love you all the more for including her children. I gar-an-tee that after a few outings with the kids, you'll get alone time with her. Took a long time for me with a disabled kid and all, but now I even get overnights...

jojohaligo is offline Senior Member
    Nope not hot here...it's 19c or 67F here today. I had a jacket on first thing in the morning. I don't like it so cold especially this close to July, but I don't handle that heat the rest of the continent has either.

Have fun in the heat!
    Female, age 51, 5' 9"
    SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
    2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    It will get better. Toddlers just need a lot of time, but they do get older, and then it will be easier to do stuff with perhaps all of them. How about being the totally frickin' cool Aunt Rasputina?!?! Your BF will love you all the more for including her children. I gar-an-tee that after a few outings with the kids, you'll get alone time with her. Took a long time for me with a disabled kid and all, but now I even get overnights...
    LOL, I am cool auntie, for sure! I am the oldest of six, and my two younger adult siblings have great kids! I love them! I am the only one that my autistic 4 year old niece engages in play, and listens to my discipline. I take them all outside during family functions, and we play in the giant yard I grew up in. They are starved for nature and play!

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast