Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Obligatory "It's hot out there" thread. page 2

Grok is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackcatbone View Post
    It's actually gone down to 106 from 107. Like stepping out into an oven. I was going to work on some furniture this evening but sanding in this heat is fucking gross. I'm also watering the big tree in the front yard. It seems to be doing okay so far but on our dog walk this morning we saw a whole bunch of trees losing leaves, so I'm hoping to avoid it stressing too much.
    One of the things I remember about Nashville is that it would get so humid, that you could be all sweaty from being outside and come into a nice air conditioned home, take a nice cold shower, and a few minutes after your shower, you notice that you are still sweating.

Rasputina is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    I was born at Ft Leonard Wood.

Heat in SE Ohio was 94. Just had a minor thunder bumper - ground got a wee bit wet and some awesome rolling thunder, but not much else. The kids escaped into our above ground pool...
    Call me crazy, but I love the rolling heat thunder! So broody and romantic!

Quote Originally Posted by Grok View Post
    One of the things I remember about Nashville is that it would get so humid, that you could be all sweaty from being outside and come into a nice air conditioned home, take a nice cold shower, and a few minutes after your shower, you notice that you are still sweating.
    Yep! Then you have to 3x the laundry, because no one wants to stank all day!

Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grok View Post
    Fortunately the humidity isn't too bad at the moment. Of course that's because we haven't had much rain and probably won't be getting much in the near future, hence watering the tree. I grew up in Florida and that was unbearable. More like a steam oven. Thinking about looking for a swimming hole where dogs are invited. There's definitely a few creeks and rivers possible.

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasputina View Post
    Then we are both nutso! Had one 15 seconds long, at least. Whoooooo hoooooooooo! I paired that one with an Adirondack chair, a covered porch, and a Mike's Hard Lemonade. Hubby had a Yuengling porter.

Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    Then we are both nutso! Had one 15 seconds long, at least. Whoooooo hoooooooooo! I paired that one with an Adirondack chair, a covered porch, and a Mike's Hard Lemonade. Hubby had a Yuengling porter.
    Please tell me that you had passionate, hair pulling sex after this?
    or at least watched Antiques Roadshow and fought about estimated value?
    Last edited by Rasputina; 06-29-2012 at 06:48 PM.

Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    I like it too, but also love the sound of cicadas, which we have a few of this year as opposed to the 'plague' from last.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackcatbone View Post
    I like it too, but also love the sound of cicadas, which we have a few of this year as opposed to the 'plague' from last.
    I love cicadas and lightning bugs. The smell of honeysuckle and electricity in the air.

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Please tell me that you had passionate, hair pulling sex after this?
    or at least watched Antiques Roadshow and fought about estimated value?
    Oh geez - I think I have just realized that my marriage has gotten stale... I am in one of the bedrooms with hubby and a couple of kids watching the original Hawaii 5-0 and talking to y'all...

bakers3 is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I am in KC so I feel everyone's pain. Seems like it has been 100+ heat index for weeks. And no rain. We need rain! Though it is nice having the humidity relatively low. I am moving back to Oregon next month and can't wait for the more moderate temperatures. And the rain!

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast