Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Obligatory "It's hot out there" thread. page 10

jacman is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    just got home.

114F.

Rasputina is offline Senior Member
    It's a monsoon out there!!!! Yay!! We stood on the deck and got soaked! Now, power is flickering! Booo!!!

NicoleP is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    I'm laughing because I have a ton of hair, but it's very fine, so mine looks better in the humidity!
    I have a lot of very fine hair too, but mine looks HORRIBLE with a lot of humidity.

Bron is offline Senior Member
    In Jan last year we had that horrendous flood many of you may have seen on tv (a wall of water travelled through a few of our towns, one killed several people ). Jan and Feb this year we had 2 floods a week apart, though fortunately they weren't as bad as last year's.

At the moment, the weather is divine! Even starting work at 5am is glorious, especially when there's a fog and the sun cuts through the fog at dawn or a little later. The sky is so clear (I live in the country) it seems you can touch the stars.

Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasputina View Post
    It's a monsoon out there!!!! Yay!! We stood on the deck and got soaked! Now, power is flickering! Booo!!!
    Congratulations on the monsoon. We've been getting heavy rain the last two nights, thankfully. The garden is coming back to life and the temperature is back down to normal. Muggy, but I'll take that over the feel of stepping into an oven.

Rasputina is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackcatbone View Post
    Congratulations on the monsoon. We've been getting heavy rain the last two nights, thankfully. The garden is coming back to life and the temperature is back down to normal. Muggy, but I'll take that over the feel of stepping into an oven.
    Hooray for ze rain!

breadsauce is offline Senior Member
    Temperature here this morning is 56 F. Not good for Sussex, UK in summer. It should be like 76.... But at least the rain has stopped - about 10 minutes ago.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    114F was the high, which tied the record for today.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleP View Post

Also, I must say that I really envy the ladies located in the dryer parts of the country as they have good hair most of the time (bitches, LOL). When I visit AZ or CO my hair always looks good. Here in NC I can use a flat iron on it to smooth it out and in 5 minutes it is totally messed up and frizzy. I would rather be in AZ at the moment dealing with 115 degrees rather than 95 here in NC.
    Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    I'm laughing because I have a ton of hair, but it's very fine, so mine looks better in the humidity!
    the higher the humidity, the curlier my hair is. if my hair is just below my shoulders and we have a high humidity day, large ringlets form.

damn it's hot here, and has been for several days! full sunlight on a stucco house, and no ventilation in the attic. in the future, we're installing a whole house fan, and maybe planting trees strategically to shield the house. we finally broke down and bought an AC unit. the livingroom is down to 82F. *happy dance*
    Last edited by Saoirse; 07-14-2012 at 02:25 PM.

breadsauce is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    the higher the humidity, the curlier my hair is. if my hair is just below my shoulders and we have a high humidity day, large ringlets form.

damn it's hot here, and has been for several days! full sunlight on a stucco house, and no ventilation in the attic. in the future, we're installing a whole house fan, and maybe planting trees strategically to shield the house. we finally broke down and bought an AC unit. the livingroom is down to 82F. *happy dance*
    Filled with envy! I have had to put my heating back on and will be lighting a log fire this evening.

Will my dill pickles and sauerkraut EVER ferment in this temperature??!!

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast