Page 1 of 80 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Why does Danny Roddy recommend sugar to reduce stress/estrogen? page

PeaceCorpsCaveMan is offline Senior Member

Why does Danny Roddy recommend sugar to reduce stress/estrogen?

Shop Now
    I have been looking into The Danny Roddy Weblog - Nutrition For Sex, Hair & Health and his ideas. Most of the information is only available in his 50 dollar PDF. Basically, it looks like he claims sugar reduces stress and helps the liver clear the body of "old" hormones, whatever that means. Any idea what the hell he's talking about? Is there any truth to this madness?

Can I get a bump? Danny Roddy's blog is confusing as hell. Who knows who this guy's target audience is? His articles are characterized by a terrible writing style, an abundance of "Smart Art," and no layman breakdown. I'm just trying to figure out what he's talking about and if it has any merit.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    I dunno, man. I ate a ton of carrots and I didn't regrow any hair. Like every other health blog, he's probably on to something in some of his posts, but with a fair share of BS mixed in. It wouldn't surprise me if sugar reduces stress; it sure feels nice to eat it in its natural contexts.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Dracil is offline Senior Member
    He follows Ray Peat. More info on Paleohacks. Their target audience is not paleo/primal IMO and I think there's probably too much woo mixed in with truths to be of value.
    Last edited by Dracil; 06-29-2012 at 05:19 PM.

Karma is offline Senior Member
    Boy that's one BAD example of a blog. No wonder Chris Kresser opted to drop Danny from his podcast.

IcarianVX is offline Senior Member
    Not sure about the clearing of "old" hormones but cortisol (most prevalent hormone released during stress) is stopped by insulin release. Hence, if you eat sugar, you release insulin and thus blunt any cortisol release. I guess that is what he is talking about.
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks the blog is bad. I read in a few of the comments that people experienced weight gain. Who would have thought?

dannyroddy is offline Member
    I will literally answer any question anyone has about the info on my unreadable blog.

I recommend sugar (fruit) and 80-100 g of protein per day for lowering estrogen because:

- The liver deactivates 100% of the estrogen in the body and does so when it is properly "energized" with carbohydrate (glycogen). Low glycogen levels decrease thyroid performance (the liver converts a large amount of T4>T3) and decreases the ability of the liver to remove estrogen.

- A sugar based metabolism decreases the release of fat from tissue (adrenaline and several other hormones release fat as a predominant fuel when we're stressed). Breakdown products from these fats (prostaglandins) activate aromatase (creates new estrogen)

- An ample amount of carbohydrate in the diet restrains the release of adaptive "stress" hormones, predominantly cortisol, which also activates aromatase.

-Danny

Quote Originally Posted by Karma View Post
    No wonder Chris Kresser opted to drop Danny from his podcast.
    This is not true.

Page 1 of 80 1231151 ... LastLast