Page 61 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast

Thread: Why does Danny Roddy recommend sugar to reduce stress/estrogen? page 61

Omni is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by dannyroddy View Post
    I think the idea is that the harmful effects of glucose alone are neutralized when combined with fructose. Also, that fructose can restore or support efficient energy production if inhibited (i.e., glucose to carbon dioxide instead of glucose to lactic acid).
    Just to clarify, Lactic acid or lactate production is a normal part of healthy metabolism, RBC's must produce lactate as they do not contain mitochondria, and muscles, even at rest produce some lactate. Some research has suggested that lactate is prefered ahead of glucose by both heart and brain, so there is much more to lactate than muscle soreness after a big workout.
    It appears that the body produces lactate specifically as part of it's normal operation and is not just an unwanted byproduct.

brooke.S. is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BestBetter View Post

In the past few weeks I've added a glandular supplement (it includes raw glandular extracts of thyroid, adrenals, pituitary) and niacinamide. I'm still playing around with the dosage, but from the first day I got such a huge boost in energy and mood, I really felt invincible. Plus, it gave me a big increase in body temperature so that I'm almost a normal warm-blooded person again. I'm not sure if it's due to either the glandulars or the niacinamide or if it's from both working synergistically, but I feel like a million bucks...hard to believe such a huge improvement could come from such a basic, cheap supplement.
    BestBetter-
    That's very interesting! What is the brand and name of the glandular supplement you are taking? Thanks!

BestBetter is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brookesam View Post
    BestBetter-
    That's very interesting! What is the brand and name of the glandular supplement you are taking? Thanks!
    I ordered it from iHerb. The brand name is Natural Sources and it's called 'Raw Thyroid'. It contains thyroid tissue, adrenal tissue, pituitary tissue, thymus tissue, and spleen tissue. I think it was about $15 or less for 60 caps.

Zach is offline Banned
    It could be the niacinamide as well.

dannyroddy is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Omni View Post
    Just to clarify, Lactic acid or lactate production is a normal part of healthy metabolism, RBC's must produce lactate as they do not contain mitochondria, and muscles, even at rest produce some lactate. Some research has suggested that lactate is prefered ahead of glucose by both heart and brain, so there is much more to lactate than muscle soreness after a big workout.
    It appears that the body produces lactate specifically as part of it's normal operation and is not just an unwanted byproduct.
    Lactic acid and carbon dioxide have opposing effects

It's associated with calcium uptake, nitric oxide production, and contributes to cell death.

It is often referred to "energy," but requires hepatic glycogen to be converted back into glucose.

Otto Warburg found that the production of lactic acid in the face of oxygen was an essential feature of all cancers. He referred to this as a "respiratory defect" (the failure of oxygen to suppress the formation lactic acid).

Moreover, diabetes, stress, and general aging involve an increase in lactic acid production and the accumulation of metabolic (mitochondrial) damage.

TornadoGirl is offline Senior Member
    So, Danny, do you recommend that someone who has adrenal issues eat more fruit? If I'm not mistaken, most of the recommendations I've seen call for limiting or excluding it. I probably average 1-2 servings a day. I have noted several times that I have horrible adrenal symptoms, particularly orthostatic hypotension, when I go really low carb and it doesn't get better. It's the carb flu from hell. I have been greatly discouraged in the past when I was eating a super clean fairly low carb diet and felt horrible for months, much worse than when I was eating some crappy carbs along with my healthy stuff...
    True healthcare reform starts in your kitchen, not in Washington. ~Anonymous
    The worst carrot is better than the best candybar.--TornadoGirl

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member

It's associated with calcium uptake, nitric oxide production, and contributes to cell death.

It is often referred to "energy," but requires hepatic glycogen to be converted back into glucose.

Otto Warburg found that the production of lactic acid in the face of oxygen was an essential feature of all cancers. He referred to this as a "respiratory defect" (the failure of oxygen to suppress the formation lactic acid).

Moreover, diabetes, stress, and general aging involve an increase in lactic acid production and the accumulation of metabolic (mitochondrial) damage.
    But this is just more reductionistic thought, zoning in on one hormone or metabolite without context. It does nothing to define the toxic load at which you believe lactic acid to be detrimental or the circumstances. Without such parameters its still all hypothesis that isn't even testable. Do you believe exercise is to be avoided at all cost due to lactic acid build up and subsequent use as an energy source? And to the last correlation does not equal causation.

Quote Originally Posted by TornadoGirl View Post
    So, Danny, do you recommend that someone who has adrenal issues eat more fruit? If I'm not mistaken, most of the recommendations I've seen call for limiting or excluding it. I probably average 1-2 servings a day. I have noted several times that I have horrible adrenal symptoms, particularly orthostatic hypotension, when I go really low carb and it doesn't get better. It's the carb flu from hell. I have been greatly discouraged in the past when I was eating a super clean fairly low carb diet and felt horrible for months, much worse than when I was eating some crappy carbs along with my healthy stuff...
    I think self-diagnostics like measuring your pulse and body temperature is a good start.

From there, experimenting with "pro-thyroid" foods like fruit juices, gelatin, salt, eggs (specifically the yolk), beef liver, and shellfish is probably warranted.

Omni is offline Senior Member

Yes, maybe, but it is still a natural part of our metabolic process,

We don't want to just jump in and start demonising lactate because of it's presence in some individuals when they are ill, it is present in healthy individuals as well,
    Going down that rocky road, we end up in the same place as the cholesterol & saturated fat myth, or the exaggerated demonising of glucose & fructose, lactate is just the same as those others, it is a part of our natural process.

Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    But this is just more reductionistic thought, zoning in on one hormone or metabolite without context. It does nothing to define the toxic load at which you believe lactic acid to be detrimental or the circumstances. Without such parameters its still all hypothesis that isn't even testable. Do you believe exercise is to be avoided at all cost due to lactic acid build up and subsequent use as an energy source? And to the last correlation does not equal causation.
    I've read this three times and I still can't figure out what you're trying to say.

Page 61 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast