Page 53 of 81 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Thread: Why does Danny Roddy recommend sugar to reduce stress/estrogen? page 53

Gilleh is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Yep, simplifying your life is my life's purpose.
    What you're doing is bad debating. It reminds all those lawyer movies, that one side asks info from the other, and the other provides a stack of papers, with the needed info somewhere there.

He doesn't owe you any reading, or even commenting. He could just let you think whatever you want to believe and stop at that.
    In this thread, for whatever your reason may be, you are getting emotional and personal. I wouldn't expect that from someone at your age and experience.
    Everything is bad for something - How do you feel today?

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilleh View Post
    What you're doing is bad debating. It reminds all those lawyer movies, that one side asks info from the other, and the other provides a stack of papers, with the needed info somewhere there.

He doesn't owe you any reading, or even commenting. He could just let you think whatever you want to believe and stop at that.
    In this thread, for whatever your reason may be, you are getting emotional and personal. I wouldn't expect that from someone at your age and experience.
    Your full of shit.....Don't be such a dumbass. Your comment actually adds how much to the current debate? Yeah, move on.

Rasputina is offline Senior Member
    You're acting like a kid. I actually totally agree with his argument. One does not have infinite time, hence posting links in a debate is useless. He didn't say anything about your time, too, so what's the deal about getting all defensive?
    Hah!!!

Getting away from anything technical....You know whats cool about a Primal diet? There are milions(if not billions) of people that lived long healthy lives on it. How many people have followed the "Peat Protocol"? I'm fairly sure its lest tested....
    Last edited by Neckhammer; 07-13-2012 at 10:48 PM.

Rasputina is offline Senior Member
    You're acting like a kid. I actually totally agree with his argument. One does not have infinite time, hence posting links in a debate is useless. He didn't say anything about your time, too, so what's the deal about getting all defensive?
    "Posting links in a debate is useless"! God, child, this earth is doomed, if this is the logic of your generation

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheat&Pufas View Post
    So it's irrelevant because those are "growth stages." Ok end of discussion. Your right. Your right just because you said it's irrelevant. So let's never look at those things again because they are "irrelevant.' I don't think they are. The Maasai drink a lot of milk at certain points in the year (a lot of cultures drink milk and are fine), and the Kitavans eat a lot of starch and they are both fine. And there are others who eat fruits and starchy tubers who are fine too. I think that's all the evidence I need to see that it's not a problem.

Oh, boy here we go with the Kitivans and the Maasai, Again. First of all, Primal is not necessarily low carb. How many times does this have to be said? The Kitivans are just like Choco with the sweet potatoes. Not a problem. The Maasai cows' milk is A2 dairy which is much more readily utilized by the human body (like goat's milk). Again, I have no problem with dairy. That is an individual choice. I was objecting to the OJ and Milk with sugar added Peat-ism.

Right now I am trying to do Peat-ism/Lita Lee-ism to the fullest. It seems to be working so far. LC Paleo wasn't working for me. I just didn't feel good. I think it was too much muscle meats (tryptophan) without the balancing gelatin, and not enough sugar. By the way, don't you know that too much protein also stimulates insulin? That right there is also enough evidence for me to see that the whole sugar-insulin spike/blood sugar idea and that is harmful is BS.

Gelatin is great stuff. I eat it often. And, yes I did know that about protein. I'm glad you are finding something that is working for you. LC is not for everyone. I never said it was.

I have a very open mind and I am not dogmatic. Paleobird, you seem very dogmatic. You joined this forum in Dec. of 2010, right when MS was getting popular. I remember because that's when I got into it too, late 2010. So assuming that you've been full blown MS for around 1 year and a half, has everything really been as spectacular as you say? I'm not trying to be ride I just want you to be honest about how long you really have been primal.

You will probably respond and say that you've been doing it longer than a year and a half but just be honest.

Why would I be anything other than honest? If you would like to see what Primal has done for me, take a look at today's Friday Success Story. That's me. I have been doing low carb since January 1, 2009. You can read all the details.

I'm not saying that Peat is 100% right but he has blown me away with his views on so many things. Here are some:

EPA and DHA are not essential and they are actually harmful like all PUFA's. He says that the studies done by George Burr and his wife in 1929 that are supposed to show that they are essential never actually show them to be essential. This is huge! And everyone always references those studies done by the Burr's. Well, since I stopped taking Cod Liver Oil, Borage Oil, and Evening Primrose Oil, (at different times) I feel much much better! No wonder I felt like crap taking flaxseed oil too, they are all PUFA's.

Come on, from a Primal prospective, why the hell would I go find some black currant, borage, evening primrose, flax, hemp seeds, squeeze the liver of cod to get the oil, or squeeze any other fish for it's oil and swallow some? Seems like another way for companies to make money off of BS. Like turing crap into gold like grape seeds. "Hey, instead of throwing all those seeds of grapes that are used for wine and other things, lets crush them to get the oil and sell it as another heart-healthy oil! We will make tons of money!" Just like fluoride, a natural but toxic compound that is the by product of the aluminum mining industry, and instead of paying toxic disposal fees lets convince everyone that this stuff will prevent you form getting cavaties. There are some other "crap into gold" things too.

I never took any of those supplemental oils and totally agree that they are not needed. What I can't agree with Peat about however is saying that we should avoid fish because of the PUFAs. C'mon. That's over the top.

Also, Peat's views on Serotonin. He say's it's not the "feel-good" chemical but in fact it's just the opposite. And his views on many other hormones.

His views on living at a high altitude, the benefits on Co2, the dangers of too much iron, the benefits of gelatin, too much reading can be harmful and his views on diabetes and sugar, which he has references to showing that diabetics do better with sugar. Sounds crazy but so did "saturated fat is good for you and doesn't clog your arteries, salt doesn't cause HBP, soy is not a health food."

Taking a contrarian stance just to be contrarian makes no sense. Sometimes conventional wisdom really does have some wisdom in it. I deal with diabetes daily because I take care of my diabetic Dad. Giving a diabetic a soda is not a good idea unless all you want is to collect on their insurance policy. My Dad is doing great on Primal.

So white sugar and soda does sound crazy but, maybe, just maybe he could be right? And what if he is right that sugar is not harmful and that really you can't blame sugar when people with problems are eating lots of other things and doing things like PUFAs, wheat, soy, processed junk, carageenan, alcohol, toxic stuff from soaps, deodorants, shampoo, laundry detergent and fabric softeners, those little things that everyone has in their house that they plug-in to make it smell "good" (poison dispensers), being too sedentary, EMF's, cell phones, microwaves, sleep, attitude/worldview, financial situation, high iron, high estrogen, high prolactin, high serotonin, lack of digestion, eating non digestible GMO foods, not donating blood, not having a good sex life, air quality, radiation from x-rays, etc, etc, etc.

I totally agree that all those fake/toxic/stressful thing are bad. No argument. Going for real foods and really having fun with life is the whole point of Primal. That doesn't let sugar off the hook however.

Quote Originally Posted by dannyroddy View Post
    @Hawkward,

Do you honestly think I have time to read their material, watch videos, and counter every point brought up?

Can't they simplify my life and provide their own critiques based on their self-proclaimed knowledge about physiology?
    OMG...he actually did say this? Wow...You went down many pegs my man. I'm not interested in debating this nonsense....Good luck in life.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    OMG...he actually did say this? Wow...You went down many pegs my man. I'm not interested in debating this nonsense....Good luck in life.
    Yep, he did. And I agree with you, Neckhammer.

Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    Yes, your latter assessment is correct. Coconut oil is a useful cooking tool, but it's not "food" in the sense that you should be consuming hundreds of calories worth of it. Cooking your eggs in coconut oil or adding a pat of butter to your sweet potato is a great idea. Taking a tablespoon to your tub of coconut oil or blending 80 grams of butter in your coffee is a terrible idea unless you have a major gut candida issue, you're on a ketogenic diet to suppress seizures, you're an advanced mountain climber or you have some other really, really good reason. Normal people with office jobs should not be doing these things!!! It's all about context. If you're not going to eat sugar by the bagful, you probably shouldn't eat oil by the tubful. It's a similar principle. Empty calories are empty calories.
    What if we do it to add calories? I should apparently be eating another 600-800 calories. I'm not a fan of meat and can't up my carbs, only way I can think to do that is fat, or in this case, coconut oil. Would that be okay?

Ribbons is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I don't understand the point in supplementing with sugar like adding refined sugar to your food. If sugar somehow improves your health, why not just eat more fruit?

Page 53 of 81 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast