Page 52 of 81 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Thread: Why does Danny Roddy recommend sugar to reduce stress/estrogen? page 52

Hawkward is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by cfrizzle88 View Post
    Here's why: "You know what you don't do when you're debating someone? Hand them a stack of papers to read that proves YOUR point."
    It was a link to an article, not the equivalent of a "stack of papers", and that quote from Danny is irrelevant anyway. Perhaps you're interested in this as a contest or personal debate between two people for some reason, but I'm not. I'm interested in the ideas being discussed, and would be very interested in Danny's thoughts about the article that was linked, as I found it interesting. If he's not interested in providing them that's fine, but let's quit with the red herring.

dannyroddy is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkward View Post
    It was a link to an article, not the equivalent of a "stack of papers", and that quote from Danny is irrelevant anyway. Perhaps you're interested in this as a contest or personal debate between two people for some reason, but I'm not. I'm interested in the ideas being discussed, and would be very interested in Danny's thoughts about the article that was linked, as I found it interesting. If he's not interested in providing them that's fine, but let's quit with the red herring.
    @Hawkward,

You don't see the irony of @paleobird and @neckhammer having very strong opinions about stress without ever providing mechanism to support their beliefs?

Do you honestly think I have time to read their material, watch videos, and counter every point brought up?

Can't they simplify my life and provide their own critiques based on their self-proclaimed knowledge about physiology?

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by dannyroddy View Post
    @Hawkward,

You don't see the irony of @paleobird and @neckhammer having very strong opinions about stress without ever providing mechanism to support their beliefs?

Do you honestly think I have time to read their material, watch videos, and counter every point brought up?

Can't they simplify my life and provide their own critiques based on their self-proclaimed knowledge about physiology?
    Yep, simplifying your life is my life's purpose.

Rasputina is offline Senior Member
    Yes, Danny, because your time is worth [I]so[I]much, and the rest of us are paupers, waiting for a snatch of your golden wisdom.

joe2.0 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasputina View Post
    Yes, Danny, because your time is worth [I]so[I]much, and the rest of us are paupers, waiting for a snatch of your golden wisdom.
    He clearly needs to lay off the sugar.

Rasputina is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by joe2.0 View Post
    He clearly needs to lay off the sugar.
    I don't even know if that was "the real Danny". LOL, it doesn't matter. We all know that promoting sugar is irresponsible and harmful. My grandmother lost her toe to diabetes, and, thankfully, her doc had enough sense to tell her to cut all sugar. Unfortunately, that didn't translate into cutting grains, as well. She's on her third foot reconstruction and has had two surgeries for cataracts. Splenda with your biscuits doesn't freaking cut it.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dannyroddy View Post
    @Hawkward,

We have provided the mechanism.....in a mathmatical (hard science) variation. Please provide same set (hard science) to refute....waiting.

Do you honestly think I have time to read their material, watch videos, and counter every point brought up? Hey we're all busy, but if your gonna advocate a radical protocol for health you better damn well keep up on the WHY.

Now I know this is not danny......so dont be an ass.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Danny....Please take this as a gift. Celine has debunked every single Peatolite ideal you got. She is a superstar ON YOUR OWN BLOGS COMMENT SECTION. Please listen to her. Your life will improve. Peace out!....Ray Peat is an interesting guy but WAY OFF!...If you are alive and doing well in 15-20 Please let me know. Until you can counter her hard science....I'll do what I do.
    Last edited by Neckhammer; 07-13-2012 at 09:09 PM.

Wheat&Pufas is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    What we live on as embryos is irrelevant. What we live on as infants (lots of milk) is also irrelevant. Those are heavy growth stages. You can keep eating like an embryo or an infant when you are an adult, and you will keep growing, sideways.

The human body is a wonderfully adaptable thing. It's like a hybrid engine capable of running on either sugar or fat. It does both, not one or the other exclusively.

We all agree that PUFAs and other fake ingredients are bad, bad, bad. Getting rid of them is one of the central messages of Primal.
    But that doesn't mean sugar can act totally blameless like a kid saying, "the PUFA's did it, not me". Lustig did most of his research before stuff like ding dongs and pop tarts were invented. I don't think your argument holds up.

So it's irrelevant because those are "growth stages." Ok end of discussion. Your right. Your right just because you said it's irrelevant. So let's never look at those things again because they are "irrelevant.' I don't think they are. The Maasai drink a lot of milk at certain points in the year (a lot of cultures drink milk and are fine), and the Kitavans eat a lot of starch and they are both fine. And there are others who eat fruits and starchy tubers who are fine too. I think that's all the evidence I need to see that it's not a problem.

Right now I am trying to do Peat-ism/Lita Lee-ism to the fullest. It seems to be working so far. LC Paleo wasn't working for me. I just didn't feel good. I think it was too much muscle meats (tryptophan) without the balancing gelatin, and not enough sugar. By the way, don't you know that too much protein also stimulates insulin? That right there is also enough evidence for me to see that the whole sugar-insulin spike/blood sugar idea and that is harmful is BS.

I have a very open mind and I am not dogmatic. Paleobird, you seem very dogmatic. You joined this forum in Dec. of 2010, right when MS was getting popular. I remember because that's when I got into it too, late 2010. So assuming that you've been full blown MS for around 1 year and a half, has everything really been as spectacular as you say? I'm not trying to be ride I just want you to be honest about how long you really have been primal.

You will probably respond and say that you've been doing it longer than a year and a half but just be honest.

I'm not saying that Peat is 100% right but he has blown me away with his views on so many things. Here are some:

EPA and DHA are not essential and they are actually harmful like all PUFA's. He says that the studies done by George Burr and his wife in 1929 that are supposed to show that they are essential never actually show them to be essential. This is huge! And everyone always references those studies done by the Burr's. Well, since I stopped taking Cod Liver Oil, Borage Oil, and Evening Primrose Oil, (at different times) I feel much much better! No wonder I felt like crap taking flaxseed oil too, they are all PUFA's.

Come on, from a Primal prospective, why the hell would I go find some black currant, borage, evening primrose, flax, hemp seeds, squeeze the liver of cod to get the oil, or squeeze any other fish for it's oil and swallow some? Seems like another way for companies to make money off of BS. Like turing crap into gold like grape seeds. "Hey, instead of throwing all those seeds of grapes that are used for wine and other things, lets crush them to get the oil and sell it as another heart-healthy oil! We will make tons of money!" Just like fluoride, a natural but toxic compound that is the by product of the aluminum mining industry, and instead of paying toxic disposal fees lets convince everyone that this stuff will prevent you form getting cavaties. There are some other "crap into gold" things too.

Also, Peat's views on Serotonin. He say's it's not the "feel-good" chemical but in fact it's just the opposite. And his views on many other hormones.

His views on living at a high altitude, the benefits on Co2, the dangers of too much iron, the benefits of gelatin, too much reading can be harmful and his views on diabetes and sugar, which he has references to showing that diabetics do better with sugar. Sounds crazy but so did "saturated fat is good for you and doesn't clog your arteries, salt doesn't cause HBP, soy is not a health food."

So white sugar and soda does sound crazy but, maybe, just maybe he could be right? And what if he is right that sugar is not harmful and that really you can't blame sugar when people with problems are eating lots of other things and doing things like PUFAs, wheat, soy, processed junk, carageenan, alcohol, toxic stuff from soaps, deodorants, shampoo, laundry detergent and fabric softeners, those little things that everyone has in their house that they plug-in to make it smell "good" (poison dispensers), being too sedentary, EMF's, cell phones, microwaves, sleep, attitude/worldview, financial situation, high iron, high estrogen, high prolactin, high serotonin, lack of digestion, eating non digestible GMO foods, not donating blood, not having a good sex life, air quality, radiation from x-rays, etc, etc, etc.

Gilleh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasputina View Post
    You're acting like a kid. I actually totally agree with his argument. One does not have infinite time, hence posting links in a debate is useless. He didn't say anything about your time, too, so what's the deal about getting all defensive?
    Everything is bad for something - How do you feel today?

Page 52 of 81 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast