Page 5 of 81 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: Why does Danny Roddy recommend sugar to reduce stress/estrogen? page 5

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    nope she's arguing your advocation of eating sugars

advocation probably isn't a word, but you see where i'm going with this
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Over the next 90 minutes, I want to show you that all of your problems can be solved with my penis.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by klnggaf1 View Post
    hello
    Hi! How are ya?
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

dannyroddy is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post

It seems that way...

The role of sugar in restraining hormones of adaptation becomes clear when one considers the hormonal cascade that follows the stress response.

When blood sugar runs low, glycogen is used to fulfill glucose requirements. When glycogen is depleted, adrenaline (and several other hormones) are released to mobilize free fatty acids from the tissue.

Normally, the release of saturated fats would create a 'negative feed back loop' of sorts and restrain the stress response.

If unsaturated fats are present in the tissue, however, the stress response is intensified; increasing estrogen, cortisol, tryptophan's conversion into serotonin, prolactin, etc.

Please, do not take my word for it. This can be confirmed by exploring any physiology text.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post

I never claimed to know lab work that was not done, only results I have seen. Yes, Dad's case is anecdotal but look at all the other people for whom this is working. He's far from unusual.
    Not only is the paleo diet "not incompatible with health", it is the best way to achieve it that I know of.
    Eating sugar is incompatible with the paleo diet anything other than in small quantities and very infrequently.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by dannyroddy View Post
    It seems that way...

The role of sugar in restraining hormones of adaptation becomes clear when one considers the hormonal cascade that follows the stress response.

When blood sugar runs low, glycogen is used to fulfill glucose requirements. When glycogen is depleted, adrenaline (and several other hormones) are released to mobilize free fatty acids from the tissue.

Normally, the release of saturated fats would create a 'negative feed back loop' of sorts and restrain the stress response.

If unsaturated fats are present in the tissue, however, the stress response is intensified; increasing estrogen, cortisol, tryptophan's conversion into serotonin, prolactin, etc.

Please, do not take my word for it. This can be confirmed by exploring any physiology text.
    If you are arguing for limiting PUFAs and emphasizing saturated fats in the diet, terrific. Paleo is already all over that. You don't need sugar for this to work just fine.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpycakes View Post
    Hi! How are ya?
    Grumpycakes and kinggaf1 walk off into the sunset. This could be the start of a beautiful friendship.

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    or it would have been UNTIL..!!!

the evil wicked witch slapped her hand on the magic triangle button!

because spam is even eviller than she is
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Over the next 90 minutes, I want to show you that all of your problems can be solved with my penis.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    I recently read a study hat showed a 33% increase in CHD with an increase in dietary sugars.
    Might have to find it... seems significant to all this.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

dannyroddy is offline Member
    @paleobird, consider this: unless one has been meticulously avoiding PUFA for several years, has a very healthy thyroid, and a resilient liver, they are likely to have an abundance of unsaturated fats in their tissue.

During stress (low blood sugar, low glycogen), these unsaturated fats are released into the serum, causing inflammation and intensifying stress.

Sugar intake and promoting the storage of glycogen (fructose, thyroid) are very important factors in reducing stress.

You can see how running on fatty acids is problematic (reducing blood sugar and glycogen stores).

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by dannyroddy View Post
    @paleobird, consider this: unless one has been meticulously avoiding PUFA for several years, has a very healthy thyroid, and a resilient liver, they are likely to have an abundance of unsaturated fats in their tissue.

During stress (low blood sugar, low glycogen), these unsaturated fats are released into the serum, causing inflammation and intensifying stress.

Sugar intake and promoting the storage of glycogen (fructose, thyroid) are very important factors in reducing stress.

You can see how running on fatty acids is problematic (reducing blood sugar and glycogen stores).
    Less assertions, more facts please.

Low blood sugar is only a stress for a sugar burning metabolism. A fat adapted metabolism doesn't get "low blood sugar attacks".

Again asserting that sugar reduces stress=/=proving it.

Running on fatty acids (if by that you mean PUFAs) is obviously not good. That's why the Primal diet minimizes them.
    Last edited by Paleobird; 07-05-2012 at 12:22 AM.

Page 5 of 81 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast