Page 47 of 81 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Thread: Why does Danny Roddy recommend sugar to reduce stress/estrogen? page 47

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I've been drinking a cup of cream every day for the last three days (in addition to what I usually consume). And my body temperature has gone way up.

So maybe it's just increasing calories that makes you warmer?

p.s. It is cold outside here, not the middle of a heat wave. Nice for some.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    I think it's a combination of coconut milk, lots of fruit sugar at the expense of starch and large amounts of Himalayan pink salt paired with reduced fiber. I've been taking in next to zero PUFA's, so I'm unsure if that's had an effect. Whatever it is, I like it. I've been getting my carbs from watermelon, apricots and strawberries. Primarily watermelons. I've eaten two whole large watermelons since Monday...
    I think this may have to do with seasonal eating as well. Perhaps now 'tis the season for fruits and you may feel more like tubers in the winter.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    I've been drinking a cup of cream every day for the last three days (in addition to what I usually consume). And my body temperature has gone way up.

Good point.
    How about if you come up here for a visit during your winter an I'll come down there at christmas? That way we could both have endless summer.

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member

I'm eating less calories. It has to be the quality of them.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Good point.
    How about if you come up here for a visit during your winter an I'll come down there at christmas? That way we could both have endless summer.
    Sounds brilliant. I'll look forward to it.

In unrelated news, it's *really* hard to drink more than a cup of cream in one sitting.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

dwkdnvr is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    I think it's a combination of coconut milk, lots of fruit sugar at the expense of starch and large amounts of Himalayan pink salt paired with reduced fiber. I've been taking in next to zero PUFA's, so I'm unsure if that's had an effect. Whatever it is, I like it. I've been getting my carbs from watermelon, apricots and strawberries. Primarily watermelons. I've eaten two whole large watermelons since Monday...
    FWIW this does seem to agree with Peat's metabolism-boosting plan, although it's not as extreme as his "milk and OJ" diet. His claim seems to be that fructose accelerates metabolism compared to starch, and that sodium contributes/enables. I still have no idea why he suggests that ultra-low PUFA is needed for the fructose effect to really be observed, though.

ToldUzo is offline Senior Member
    I have two questions for Danny Roddy:

1) You say that fish oil (even from wild caught salmon and cod liver..?) should be limited because it is also a PUFA. Does that mean you belive it's a myth that omega 3 oils are important for brain and heart health? I thought omega 3 oil was only bad if it was rancid.

2) Have I understood it correctly that you say, that people who have consumed too much PUFA's in their lifes will be negatively impacted if they start releasing fatty acids to the blood stream (same as if they eat PUFA), therefore it's best that they eat enough sugar to prevent that? But then how are they gonna get rid of the PUFA's from their body? When the cells die off and get replaced?
    What on earth?! Take a walk on the wild side.

Luce is offline Senior Member
    I'm recovering from a dates and figs day -we found some great greek figs and amazing dates and I took two of both: that was enough to ruin my day and night. Truth is more than my ration of fruit just ruins me good, more than it did before I started medication so maybe the extra cortisol and the lower immune function has something to do with it. I'm on cream today (mascarpone, cream and cinnamon) and some light coffee and I can deal with anything else.
    Maybe extra sugar from seasonal fruit are more than great for those who can handle it, after all everything points towards the body getting all the help it can deal with so winter won't be as scary and scarcity will be just a moment and not doom. We would be extinct without some adaptive flexibility, wouldn't we? My condition took away some adaptiveness apparrently, though I'm convinced I've always been more fat adapted than a sugar burner.
    Even though salt puffs me up the puffing effect of sugar has really no close competitor. Alcohol dries me up in a scary way (I don't drink alcohol but sometimes I sip a bit while I'm mixing just to be sure the taste is right).

PS drunk oranges: pick up a nice ripe orange, prepare a siringe with the best vodka you can put your hands on and dose it. Let it rest in a sunny place four to six hours and then cool. Might go well with whipped cream and mint. If you have rhum inst4ead of vodka substitute mint for dark chocolate. Eat and don't drive
    No limits, only my will and the worlds I build.

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Sounds brilliant. I'll look forward to it.

In unrelated news, it's *really* hard to drink more than a cup of cream in one sitting.
    Why are you drinking 1,000 empty calories every day that you don't even enjoy drinking? That makes no sense. Why not just eat real food? You can eat a dozen eggs for the same calories as a cup of cream and you'll actually get useful nutrition out of them.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    I've seen this reported many times with just fat and yes it has been shown that increasing calories increases metabolic rate.

Page 47 of 81 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast