Page 43 of 81 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Thread: Why does Danny Roddy recommend sugar to reduce stress/estrogen? page 43

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Djzander View Post
    Danny, ( or others familiar with peats work) what are your
    thoughts on using powdered Gatorade as a sugar/ salt source?
    I do a great deal of outdoor sports in the summer heat where I sweat
    a great deal. If my goals are general health and fat loss would this hinder my efforts?
    You should read Tim Noakes' book "Waterlogged" - about (over)hydration in sport - Waterlogged - Timothy Noakes

Gilleh is offline Senior Member
    I've only read half of the thread.
    Danny, an important question for me -
    Few weeks ago, I ate many fruits at once
    Later on the day, my face and lips felt like burning, it woke me up from sleep
    Next day I've noticed acne.
    You're saying that it is PUFA's fault,
    Basically as long as I don't eat eggs and nuts I can eat all the fruits I want?
    Is the protocol for clear skin, or overcoming inflammation, is ditching all sources of O6, even whole foods like eggs, completely?
    Last edited by Gilleh; 07-12-2012 at 05:02 AM.
    Everything is bad for something - How do you feel today?

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilleh View Post
    I've only read half of the thread.
    Danny, an important question for me -
    Few weeks ago, I ate many fruits at once
    Later on the day, my face and lips felt like burning, it woke me up from sleep
    Next day I've noticed acne.
    You're saying that it is PUFA's fault,
    Basically as long as I don't eat eggs and nuts I can eat all the fruits I want?
    Is the protocol for clear skin, or overcoming inflammation, is ditching all sources of O6, even whole foods like eggs, completely?
    All you ate was fruit? Burning/breakouts sounds more like you're allergic to the fruit that you ate. What fruit did you eat? Pineapple makes my friend itch all over. I'm guessing from the bromelain.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    All you ate was fruit? Burning/breakouts sounds more like you're allergic to the fruit that you ate. What fruit did you eat? Pineapple makes my friend itch all over. I'm guessing from the bromelain.
    It was nectarines, apples and peaches.
    Lot of nectarines.

My question remains though.
    For clearing inflammation completely, should I ditch eggs and nuts completely?
    I've thought the culprit is sugar, but after reading this thread I'm beginning to tihnk it's just PUFA that triggers it
    When shifting to primal I thought as long as I'm eating a whole food, it's ok
    Am I wrong?
    I gotta say thay my skin got alot better since I went primal, but it's not perfect.
    Last edited by Gilleh; 07-12-2012 at 05:34 AM.

BestBetter is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dannyroddy View Post

"Cold thermogenesis" isn't the answer for anyone.
    I'm not interested in a cold thermogenesis debate, i understand it's not everyone's cup of tea, but I'm wondering if you can explain this comment, since it's done a world of good for me and many other people.

JennGlob is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bopfer View Post
    Didn't work for me and many people I know. And I stuck to it for a long time thinking "Any day now, I will be fat adapted". BS. There's no such thing. Not in today's world at least. Running on fat is stressful. That on top of our modern, stressful life is a recipe for disaster.
    As a former grazer, I actually find being able to go a long time without having to eat as being anything but stressful. It is actually quite liberating. My friends who have known me for years are amazed how I don't get "hangry" any more. I don't know that I'm fully fad adapted, but I no longer use food as excuse for bad behavior....not to mention my dizziness and sweats have stopped altogether.
    Primal since 4/7/2012

Starting weight 140
    Current weigh 126

www.jenniferglobensky.blogspot.com

Jennifer

bopfer is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JennGlob View Post
    As a former grazer, I actually find being able to go a long time without having to eat as being anything but stressful. It is actually quite liberating. My friends who have known me for years are amazed how I don't get "hangry" any more. I don't know that I'm fully fad adapted, but I no longer use food as excuse for bad behavior....not to mention my dizziness and sweats have stopped altogether.
    I don't mean stressful in the emotional sense. I mean stressful to your cells and metabolism. Meaning that over the years the stress will add up and lead to other issues. The body runs on glucose (from sugar). Anything else is an adaptation to keep you alive short term. But, you won't thrive long term.
    Last edited by bopfer; 07-12-2012 at 08:40 AM.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bopfer View Post
    I don't mean stressful in the emotional sense. I mean stressful to your cells and metabolism. Meaning that over the years the stress will add up and lead to other issues. The body runs on glucose (from sugar). Anything else is an adaptation to keep you alive short term. But, you won't thrive long term.
    I disagree with your assessment completely. Running on fat is not stressful in the physiological or metabolic sense either. This is utter bull.

If you wanna run on sugar go ahead, but don't attempt to spread such nonsense.
    Last edited by Neckhammer; 07-12-2012 at 09:28 AM.

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    The ability to burn energy in the form in which we store it is an adaptation to keep you alive short-term? I can't see how that makes any sense.

Page 43 of 81 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast