Page 40 of 80 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Thread: Why does Danny Roddy recommend sugar to reduce stress/estrogen? page 40

Paleobird Guest
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by bopfer View Post
    Paleo and low-carb is most definitely a fad. Eating Real Food is real the paradigm shift.
    PB is all about the real food. Try reading it. Plus, you don't have to be low carb to be PB. Look at Choco and his sweet potatoes.

BestBetter is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    Check your copper and selenium. You may be deficient. This sounds like classic copper deficiency to me. Or just try a cheap copper supplement.
    I eat foods on a regular basis that are very high in copper (150-250 grams of liver per week, raw cocoa powder almost every day, shellfish periodically) and i used to eat lentils and sunflower seeds.

I also had a hair analysis done about 4 years ago because i was concerned about mercury. It showed that i had no mercury issues but i had a copper level that was WAY too high, like 300% of what it should be. I don't know how accurate hair analysis is when identifying levels of metals compared to a blood test, but it seems copper is the one thing I don't need more of.

Paleobird Guest
    On Paleo/Primal, which included IF and less meals, I was 135lbs, 6% body fat and looked sick and emaciated. Many people asked me if I had cancer. Even adding in "safe starches" for a few months didn't help.

No thanks. I will take what I have now over that any day. Like I said, do what works for you.
    That's what I just said. By all means, eat.

I find it interesting that some of the strongest advocates for Peat on this forum are people who are chronically underweight. Perhaps it is a great plan for them.

Luce is offline Senior Member

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by dannyroddy View Post
    Muscle meats are nutrient-dense, excellent sources of protein, but contain a high phosphate to calcium ratio.

A high phosphate to calcium ratio can increase parathyroid hormone, a hormone involved in bone loss, stress, and inflammation.
    I've read enough nosense. I had a bad hyperparathyroidsm case during haemodialysis, it happens because dialysis filters are not as great removing bigger molecules -phosphates and some stuff- as they are clearing smaller ones -potasium, urea (thankful for it given the downsides of low/high potasium). If membranes were permeable enough to remove more phosphates -bigger pores, so to speak- patients would become deprived of essential nutrients hormones and aminoacids.
    If anyone ever finds there are phosphates/calcium imbalances and bad PTH run to a doctor because it surely does not depend on your diet. It means you seriously screwed yourself somehow. I got relevant PTH mess after seven years of dialysis with phosphates doubling the high end of normal range (1 to 1 phosphates to calcium rates). My nomea are great, tua is to primato. Be' happens, be' cool, Have fun.
    No limits, only my will and the worlds I build.

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Paleo and low-carb is most definitely a fad. Eating Real Food is real the paradigm shift.
    People confuse low-carb with Paleo.

Here's the problem: Paleo is regarded as an extreme lifestyle by CW-enthusiasts. Because Paleo is labeled as extreme - even though it ISN'T - it attracts extremists. Now, Paleo says that the 500+g of carbohydrate from soda, wheat, juice, crackers and cookies Americans eat DAILY is bad, and we should be eating real food and way less carbs. Let's use the number 150g arbitrarily. Now, in reality, since we're not supposed to DRINK calories and only EAT calories, 150g of carbohydrate a day is quite a bit. That's almost 2 lbs of sweet potatoes a day, or 6 apples every single day. That's pretty solid for the average person. It's a recommendation, not a rule. Now, because Paleo is populated with extremists due to the media's stigma, you have people thinking because low is good, NO must be even better! And before you know it, you have human beings promoting becoming carnivores when we're clearly omnivores.

Paleo isn't low-carb. Paleo IS real food! That is the whole point. It's been hijacked by people to suit their own agenda. Real Paleo is "If you can't pick it or kill it, don't eat it." If you want to eat nothing but apples and nuts, that is 100% Paleo and just as Paleo as steak and spinach. Paleo itself is perfect, it's the people that screw it up.

If "eating real food" is the real paradigm shift, then "Paleo" is the real paradigm shift.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

yodiewan is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Yep. I make iced tea Knox blocks.

Well said. I think it was the guy at Free the Animal that said "eat like a predator, not like prey"
    Actually, I think it was J. Stanton at gnolls.org who popularized that phrase. I think his blog is one of the best. He did a video interview with Richard Nikoley (Free the Animal) recently that is posted on both of their sites.

Also, iced tea blocks sound awesome! I know you are very caffeine sensitive. Do you use rooibos for this? That sounds really tempting, especially with this retardedly hot weather. Can you give a simple recipe? I always screw up when trying to work with gelatin. Crazy idea, but I wonder how it'd taste with kombucha. Would be pretty nice if the fiziness were retained.

P.P.S. I have been following this thread and enjoying the debate.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by dannyroddy View Post
    Search "cytomel" and "body building" in google. Body builders have used cytomel (T3) for years to "cut"—shed weight before contests.
    Please don't tell me Peat is advocating Cytomel. (?)
    Cytomel. : Fat loss - but at what risk?

It may sound like the perfect solution to fat loss, but its not. Bodybuilders and fitness competitors who abuse Cytomel over a long period of time are at great risk for developing chronic thyroid problems. As a result, the individuals might become dependent on thyroid medication for the rest of their lives. This is similar to male bodybuilders taking steroids, the higher the dosage, and the longer the cycles, the greater the risk of shutting down natural hormone production.

Other side effects of Cytomel include:
    heart palpitation, trembling, irregular heartbeat agitation, shortness of breath, excretion of sugar through the urine, excessive perspiration, diarrhea, trembling of hands, nausea, headaches

Article Source: Cytomel!

jammies is offline Senior Member
    People confuse low-carb with Paleo.

Here's the problem: Paleo is regarded as an extreme lifestyle by CW-enthusiasts. Because Paleo is labeled as extreme - even though it ISN'T - it attracts extremists. Now, Paleo says that the 500+g of carbohydrate from soda, wheat, juice, crackers and cookies Americans eat DAILY is bad, and we should be eating real food and way less carbs. Let's use the number 150g arbitrarily. Now, in reality, since we're not supposed to DRINK calories and only EAT calories, 150g of carbohydrate a day is quite a bit. That's almost 2 lbs of sweet potatoes a day, or 6 apples every single day. That's pretty solid for the average person. It's a recommendation, not a rule. Now, because Paleo is populated with extremists due to the media's stigma, you have people thinking because low is good, NO must be even better! And before you know it, you have human beings promoting becoming carnivores when we're clearly omnivores.

Paleo isn't low-carb. Paleo IS real food! That is the whole point. It's been hijacked by people to suit their own agenda. Real Paleo is "If you can't pick it or kill it, don't eat it." If you want to eat nothing but apples and nuts, that is 100% Paleo and just as Paleo as steak and spinach. Paleo itself is perfect, it's the people that screw it up.

If "eating real food" is the real paradigm shift, then "Paleo" is the real paradigm shift.
    I like this.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by yodiewan View Post
    Actually, I think it was J. Stanton at gnolls.org who popularized that phrase. I think his blog is one of the best. He did a video interview with Richard Nikoley (Free the Animal) recently that is posted on both of their sites.

Also, iced tea blocks sound awesome! I know you are very caffeine sensitive. Do you use rooibos for this? That sounds really tempting, especially with this retardedly hot weather. Can you give a simple recipe? I always screw up when trying to work with gelatin. Crazy idea, but I wonder how it'd taste with kombucha. Would be pretty nice if the fiziness were retained.

P.P.S. I have been following this thread and enjoying the debate.
    Ah, yes, I like gnolls too. It must have been that interview I was remembering.
    Yes, I make Knox block with rooibos and lime juice. You use enough of the cold lime juice to soften the gelatin to a "cream of wheat" consistency then add hot tea, about 24 cup with 16 packets of gelatin. But play around with the proportions until you get the degree of stiffness or mushiness you like.
    Never thought of trying it with kombucha but that is an interesting idea.

Paleobird Guest

Exactly.

Page 40 of 80 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast