Page 34 of 81 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: Why does Danny Roddy recommend sugar to reduce stress/estrogen? page 34

Paleobird Guest
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by dannyroddy View Post
    Maybe this will help address concerns of weight gain?

Photo is attached.

Left is me after doing zero carb for two years. Right is me after doing "peat" for a little less than a year, consuming 400+ carbohydrate a day; 1/2 gallon of orange juice and 1/2-1 cup of white sugar, plus the sugar from several quarts of milk.

Rob Tuner is another "Peatatarian" who is beyond lean. I think he has some videos of his workouts on youtube.
    And Durian Whatsiname over at the 30 Bananas a Day website is beyond lean too. Your point?

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    That was a direct quote of a baseless accusation by Choco. He didn't like my opinion so he tried to discredit me by saying I was "an emotional wreck" and all my arguments were just "emotional" nonsense as opposed to factual. All the time arguing himself in screaming caps.
    Nobody cares.
    Things I would appreciate if you left out of your commentary include the potty mouth. You are new here so, ok. But this is not 4chan.
    I don't go to 4chan. Adults use words. Crazy I know.

However I am interested in the dental aspects of this like you pointed out.

Quote Originally Posted by dannyroddy View Post
    Maybe this will help address concerns of weight gain?

Photo is attached.

Left is me after doing zero carb for two years. Right is me after doing "peat" for a little less than a year, consuming 400+ carbohydrate a day; 1/2 gallon of orange juice and 1/2-1 cup of white sugar, plus the sugar from several quarts of milk.

Rob Tuner is another "Peatatarian" who is beyond lean. I think he has some videos of his workouts on youtube.
    Can you do/do you mind doing photobucket or postimage? I'm seeing pending approval which I think takes a while.

ChocoTaco369 is online now Senior Member
    And Durian Whatsiname over at the 30 Bananas a Day website is beyond lean too. Your point?
    You're actually supplementing Danny's argument with that quote. "Sugar" doesn't make you fat anymore than "fat" makes you fat. It's always in the context of individual foods and overall caloric intake. Durian eats huge amounts of fruit and carbohydrate, yet is very lean. You just posed an argument against yourself.

Anyone that gets fat off a Peat-style diet is simply overeating. So yes, they are "doing it wrong". Plenty of people on this website put on body fat or lose absolutely no weight because they are eating too many calories. Does that mean Primal doesn't work? Or is the problem the individual?

You're not making any sense.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

otzi Guest
    Danny Roddy - Do you pay much attention to micronutrients/vitamins? Have you really been eating a cup of white sugar a day? How do you do it? Mix it with the OJ? Any idea what a day's total calories are when eating like that? Could you give us a sample menu for a day?

ChocoTaco, I noticed you mentioned publishing a coconut pudding recipe made with gelatin a couple pages back, I think. Is it on your site somewhere or did you publish it somewhere else?

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    You're actually supplementing Danny's argument with that quote. "Sugar" doesn't make you fat anymore than "fat" makes you fat. It's always in the context of individual foods and overall caloric intake. Durian eats huge amounts of fruit and carbohydrate, yet is very lean. You just posed an argument against yourself.

Anyone that gets fat off a Peat-style diet is simply overeating. So yes, they are "doing it wrong". Plenty of people on this website put on body fat or lose absolutely no weight because they are eating too many calories. Does that mean Primal doesn't work? Or is the problem the individual?

You're not making any sense.
    The last sentence was unnecessary and untrue. Which makes me think you are trolling her.

I think that everyone on here knows that calorific restriction is (part of) the path to weight loss.

But I like the high fat version more than the low fat version because I don't feel hungry while eating those fewer calories.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

bopfer is offline Member
    Many people, not just me, have found that lower carbs and/or slower carbs such as sweet potatoes work well in combination with adequate protein and higher fat. They have found that this gives them a constant metabolic rate, without the roller coaster ride of a sugar burning metabolism.

But of course you know all of this. No wait you wouldn't. You haven't read Mark Sisson's book.
    Losing weight is simple: eat less calories than you burn. Doesn't matter what "diet" you are on. That's how it works. People lose weight on paleo and/or low carb because they reduce calories, whether they realize it or not. Like I said before, the people that complain about weight gain on Peat add the sugar and don't reduce their fat. There are definitely some mental or hormonal hurtles that some people need to get over to make it happen, but that's how it works.

Oh, and I have read Mark's book, Robb's book and countless other ancestral diet books. Somehow, I don't think that will convince you to believe me though

ChocoTaco369 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by They call me BUTTLOCK View Post
    ChocoTaco, I noticed you mentioned publishing a coconut pudding recipe made with gelatin a couple pages back, I think. Is it on your site somewhere or did you publish it somewhere else?
    No. It's simply coconut milk and water brought to a boil. I added unflavored gelatin, whisked vigorously, added shredded coconut and vanilla extract and refrigerated overnight. It turned into pudding. Awesome stuff.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    I think that everyone on here knows that calorific restriction is (part of) the path to weight loss.
    How much is it, though? I was unintentionally eating about 700 calories eating vegetables, meat and either kerrygold butter or coconut oil. Lost nothing for months (btw I'm huge :\) And I know some people would say, "well you obviously have to raise them", which I tried, of course. But that would mean that calories is some sort of exact math you have to figure out for your body, for lack of a better way of phrasing it. I'm having a hard time buying it.

Every other success story I read has people either not paying attention (or at least making a nod) to their calories or eating a random amount. They seem to be paying attention to macronutrients and whole foods. It can't play that much of a role, if at all. At least, with me.

Page 34 of 81 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast