Page 17 of 81 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast

Thread: Why does Danny Roddy recommend sugar to reduce stress/estrogen? page 17

dannyroddy is offline Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    So what is the optimal ratio?
    Peat has mentioned 2:1.

jammies is offline Senior Member
    So how does all of this fit in with the data showing that long term caloric restriction extends life expectancy? Isn't the idea there that by slowing down mitochondria there are less free radicals and reduced glycation thereby causing less cellular damage and death?

Wouldn't this method of eating do the exact opposite?
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

cfrizzle88 is offline Junior Member
    RE: Calorie restriction, here is a good quote regarding why it is effective, it isn't the calorie restriction that provides the longevity boost, rather the restriction of certain things that inhibit metabolism which is a by product of calorie restriction.

"Restricting only tryptophan, or only cysteine, produces a greater extension of the life span than achieved in most of the studies of caloric restriction."

Quote Originally Posted by jammies View Post
    So how does all of this fit in with the data showing that long term caloric restriction extends life expectancy? Isn't the idea there that by slowing down mitochondria there are less free radicals and reduced glycation thereby causing less cellular damage and death?

Wouldn't this method of eating do the exact opposite?
    Without adequate energy cells take up water, swell, releasing inflammatory mediators (lactic acid, histamine, prostaglandins).

A high-energy state does the opposite; relaxing cells and maintaining their structure.

Long-term caloric restriction probably has several mechanisms: decreased PUFA consumption, decrease iron consumption, decrease general heavy metal consumption, decreased methionine consumption, decreased tryptophan consumption, decreased cysteine consumption, and decrease production of endotoxin.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dannyroddy View Post
    I'm trying to figure out what kind of logical fallacy you're invoking here.
    You can call it whatever you like, actually I will freely admit to only knowing up to philosophy 101 type stuff. I find that if something has never occurred AND produced a healthy human, then you might question that particular prescription as suspect. I have no idea what fallacy that invokes, but if you can name it have at it .

So if what I said was too circumspect let me elaborate. If humans have not lived on and thrived with the diet and lifestyle that you purpose then I find the evidence for adopting it lacking. If you base your entire argument on "your reading" of biochemical and physiological processes we need only point to the rampant changes in theory and disproved hypothesis of yesteryear to say this may not be the best route.

Could your hypothesis be completely correct and Peat followers be the only humans to reach 150 yrs old then that would be great for you....and human kind actually. But, till then I tend to lean toward evaluating our ancestral and traditionally healthy societies with some regard when it comes to health.
    Last edited by Neckhammer; 07-07-2012 at 05:23 PM.

I find that if something has never occurred AND produced a healthy human, then you might question that particular prescription as suspect.
    A diet of milk, meat, and fruit is incompatible with health and has never occurred before?

If humans have not lived on and thrived with the diet and lifestyle that you purpose then I find the evidence for adopting it lacking.
    This assumes we know what the species ate while evolving.

If you base your entire argument on "your reading" of biochemical and physiological processes we need only point to the rampant changes in theory and disproved hypothesis of yesteryear to say this may not be the best route.
    Please be specific in regards to where I'm off base in my research.

BTW: For anyone who cares carnivorehealth.com is NOT my website.

After i ditched the domain name some loser bought it and turned it into a joke.

I mention this because it was linked in my profile.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    [QUOTE=dannyroddy;893133]A diet of milk, meat, and fruit is incompatible with health and has never occurred before?[QUOTE]

OK...now compare that with the "cup of sugar, orange juice, and gummy bears"....Sorry but I miss the obvious correlation of traditional diets to what you ingest.

[QUOTE=dannyroddy;893133]This assumes we know what the species ate while evolving. [QUOTE]

Actually you just assume what I said indicates evolution. It does not. ANY traditional society would suffice. I'm open to any society that runs on traditional foods as an example.

[QUOTE=dannyroddy;893133]Please be specific in regards to where I'm off base in my research.[QUOTE]

Its not that your research is off base, its is the assumption that it is complete.

Oh and please point out how to do the cool qoute thing ....I don't play at this all that much
    Last edited by Neckhammer; 07-07-2012 at 06:12 PM.

jammies is offline Senior Member
    This has all made me curious so I went and checked out your website and downloaded the "start here". Now I am a bit more confused. You recommend a diet of roughly 50% fat, 25% protein, 25% carbohydrate. Assuming a 2000 calorie diet that is about 500 calories of carbohydrate a day or about 125 grams.

First of all - that is not really that far out of line with Marks recommendations. The way people are fighting around here I assumed you were recommending >500 grams of carbohydrates per day. Secondly, that amount of carbohydrate is pretty easy to get from eating whole food, natural sources. So why does one need to add white sugar and orange juice?
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

cfrizzle88 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jammies View Post
    This has all made me curious so I went and checked out your website and downloaded the "start here". Now I am a bit more confused. You recommend a diet of roughly 50% fat, 25% protein, 25% carbohydrate. Assuming a 2000 calorie diet that is about 500 calories of carbohydrate a day or about 125 grams.

First of all - that is not really that far out of line with Marks recommendations. The way people are fighting around here I assumed you were recommending >500 grams of carbohydrates per day. Secondly, that amount of carbohydrate is pretty easy to get from eating whole food, natural sources. So why does one need to add white sugar and orange juice?
    The "rough" guideline is 50% carbs. Thought I'd chime in as well and advise that I have been on this regime for about 15 mos. now. I have done low carb, no carb, moderate carb (from potatoes) for about a year each...if I felt good on any of them I would't have kept looking for another route. Getting my hormones in line from a high carb/simple sugar woe with adequate animal products has produced a healthy me to a degree that I did not think was possible.

Page 17 of 81 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast