Thread: I have no idea where to begin! Halp? page

the-wren is offline Junior Member

I have no idea where to begin! Halp?

Primal Fuel
    Hello everyone!

I've come seeking advice about the fitness side of primal living. It has been about a year and a half since I first began transitioning over into eating a more primal diet and I am feeling fantastic! I fear that I'm sort of at a loss at how to go about becoming more fit. Before you offer suggestions, I'll go ahead and provide a bit of information first.

My goal is not to lose weight, it is to become stronger and more fit. This is important to me because I am going to school to become a nurse and I don't want to suffer back problems, knee problems, permanent injury, etc. I'm about 5'1 and usually anywhere between 98-102 lbs. This seems to be my body's ideal weight. I've worked as a nursing assistant so I know that I can lift, maneuver, and push wheelchairs up an incline as long as the person weighs between 100-175 lbs.

Many people look at me and laugh, stating that I'll have problems due to my height and weight. It's never malicious but it has me thinking that I really should start exercising more often. I live in NYC, so I have walking and stair climbing down! I also have sprinting down since I am always late to my trains. Even with all of this I am still soft and not as strong as I could be.

So I'm asking for suggestions on where to begin. I'm willing to try out a gym, but I find them to be a little soul sucking. I'm honestly a little overwhelmed every time I sit down to do a little research.

tl;dr

I'm a small lady looking to get stronger and more fit. Halp?

SonGoku is offline Junior Member
    StrengthVillain.com • View topic - greyskull LP

The workout is the second comment, it includes 3 strength training days and 2 conditioning sessions a week. Im currently on it and enjoying it.

SonGoku is offline Junior Member
    StrengthVillain.com • View topic - greyskull LP

The workout is the second comment, it includes 3 strength training days and 2 conditioning sessions a week. Im currently on it and enjoying it. Women minus the neck work.

Goldsmith is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by the-wren View Post
    I'm willing to try out a gym, but I find them to be a little soul sucking.
    I'd go check out a few of the local Crossfit affiliates.
    "Canned food is a perversion,' Ignatius said. 'I suspect that it is ultimately very damaging to the soul."
    - John Kennedy Toole (A Confederacy of Dunces)

the-wren is offline Junior Member
    Hmm.Thanks for the suggestions.

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    I'm not even five feet tall, and I'm 41, female, and only about 10 pounds overweight. I've started doing CrossFit at a local gym. I've also begun doing Convict Conditioning, which is all bodyweight movements. Fascinating read.

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    What is wrong with Primal fitness? SS?
    Move slowly, sprint and lift heavy....simple.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    I second the primal fitness suggestion, it's simple, easy to start, scalable and you will see result from just 2 -3 sessions a week that take less than 30 mins each. All you need is a pull-up bar of some sort.

I'd try to make sprinting more formal, it's sooooooo effective at improving fitness, doing sets of sprints (I do 8) will be more effective than one sprint when you are late for the train, plus you will be able to catch more trains.
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................