Thread: Primal Essentials Kit or Damage Control Master Formula? page

WilsonTheWriter is offline Junior Member

Primal Essentials Kit or Damage Control Master Formula?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    My next step in my paleo and primal blueprint journey is to move on from the supplements I've been buying locally and to give Mark's supplements a shot. Financially, I don't think I'm quite in a position to go for the platinum option and I'm not convinced that I really need Primal Fuel as I have a lot of great other options for quick on-the-go sources of protein.

So, given that there's not an option to buy Primal Essentials Kit and Damage Control together (without Primal Fuel or just ordering both - with no discount), I'm trying to work out which is the most appropriate for me to buy.

I eat 100% primal and am even restricting dairy (milk in 1 cup of coffee a day). I have inflammatory arthritis (genetically) but that's in remission thanks to a primal lifestyle. I also have a shoulder injury and am undergoing rehab/physio for it at the moment. I've been eating primal for 2 years, or so, now and have recently really got into the fitness side of things too. My aim is to keep this up and have the best body that my genetics will allow (I'm already incredibly lean, it's just adding muscle that is left at this stage and possibly bulking out that little bit more).

Anyway, let me know what you think is the best out of the two options - and by all means if you think I should seriously consider the Platinum package in spite of the hard shot to the wallet, do chime in with your thoughts on that one.

Thanks everybody.

Michael.

Paleobird Guest
    While I adore Mark, he is a really great person, I do think that his supplement are overpriced. You can do just fine with your local health food store brands. Also, now that you are seeing great results from Primal, you might start reconsidering if you really need as much supplementation as all that. Why does the best diet on earth need so many supplements?

Primal Fuel is very tasty but it is basically whey and coconut, again, with a high price tag. Take some regular whey powder and add a can of coconut milk if you feel the need for a shake.

Mark makes his living selling supplements and he is very candid about that. I respect him greatly for the fact that he does not push them on people as in "you are not fully Primal if you don't buy these".

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    While I adore Mark, he is a really great person, I do think that his supplement are overpriced. You can do just fine with your local health food store brands. Also, now that you are seeing great results from Primal, you might start reconsidering if you really need as much supplementation as all that. Why does the best diet on earth need so many supplements?

Primal Fuel is very tasty but it is basically whey and coconut, again, with a high price tag. Take some regular whey powder and add a can of coconut milk if you feel the need for a shake.

Mark makes his living selling supplements and he is very candid about that. I respect him greatly for the fact that he does not push them on people as in "you are not fully Primal if you don't buy these".
    Thanks for getting back to me. Well I haven't been taking anywhere near as much supplementation as is contained in Damage Control Master Formula. My main reason for asking is because I'm rehabilitating my shoulder after surgery - I thought it might be time to give myself an extra kick with Mark's supplements, but if you don't think that's necessary perhaps I'll be best to stick with the local ones. I certainly don't see supplements as a necessity (I said that when I wrote my own primal success story) but if I can do anything to speed up the rehab of my shoulder, I'll take it!

Thanks again .

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by WilsonTheWriter View Post
    Thanks for getting back to me. Well I haven't been taking anywhere near as much supplementation as is contained in Damage Control Master Formula. My main reason for asking is because I'm rehabilitating my shoulder after surgery - I thought it might be time to give myself an extra kick with Mark's supplements, but if you don't think that's necessary perhaps I'll be best to stick with the local ones. I certainly don't see supplements as a necessity (I said that when I wrote my own primal success story) but if I can do anything to speed up the rehab of my shoulder, I'll take it!

Thanks again .
    The best thing you could supplement your diet with for joint rehab is some homemade bone broth. I hope your shoulder feels better soon.

A very good idea - I haven't had bone broth in a few months now. That changes this weekend, thank you.