Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Whole30 for July page

faithy22 is offline Member

Cool Whole30 for July

Shop Now
    Just getting myself mentally prepared for Sunday.

I did a Whole30 in May of last year and loved it. I'm pretty primal most of the time but have found myself way off track (eating and exercising) for a while now. I'm not happy with how I feel or look. Time to refocus.

Doing a Whole30 is never easy. I can't imagine that any of us have an entire 30 days without parties/events/whatevers to challenge our dedication. But I'm tired of making excuses.

Let's do this (starting Sunday )!!!

I do a whole 27? I have my birthday on 28. But want to focus on nutrition at the moment as it was quite hard the last days.

Evbois is offline Junior Member
    I would like to join. What do I need to do? (beside the Whole 30) Also, is there a site or article you recommend where I can get the specifics? I have read up on it but beyond the basics, I might need a reference for daily use. Thanks!

TLoRu is offline Senior Member
    Jumped over from the June thread. I'm just wrapping up a 30(on day 29 today!), but I'm really considering continuing on for atleast another 15-30.

I strongly recommend reading the new book, It Starts With Food, by Dallas and Mellisa Hartwig. It's all about the whole30 and lays out some awesome food maps and plans on what to expect if you haven't done it before. I couldn't put it down!!!! They also have a great website and forum dedicated to the whole30.

TTBlue21 is offline Senior Member
    If I don't cheat at all with food but have a few beers is that considered "Whole"??? I have a good idea as to the answer. Also, would you consider cooking with a little olive oil and drinking a single cup of coffee a day whole??

Relatively new...some of the random stuff I am not 100% about.
    Last edited by TTBlue21; 06-29-2012 at 02:37 PM.

Evbois is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TLoRu View Post
    Jumped over from the June thread. I'm just wrapping up a 30(on day 29 today!), but I'm really considering continuing on for atleast another 15-30.

I strongly recommend reading the new book, It Starts With Food, by Dallas and Mellisa Hartwig. It's all about the whole30 and lays out some awesome food maps and plans on what to expect if you haven't done it before. I couldn't put it down!!!! They also have a great website and forum dedicated to the whole30.
    Thank you. On my way to check it out. When you say "what to expect" that sounds ominous!

TLoRu is offline Senior Member
    Here ya go!!!! It's an entire blog post devoted to "what to expect"..., literally, takes you through day by day. Pretty legit and informative! Switching over to the whole30 wasn't overly difficult bc I was more 95/5 beforehand. If you're more of a 50/50 person, you'll have more difficulty. Everyone's experiences are different!!!

http://whole9life.com/2012/06/the-whole30-timeline/

TTblue- beer and alcohol are off limits but olive oil and black coffee are good!
    Last edited by TLoRu; 06-29-2012 at 07:55 PM.

marthat is offline Senior Member
    What a great article, TLoRu. Thanks for posting it.

I'm on Day 30 of a Whole30 for June, which I continued from a Whole32 in May, so I'm technically on Day 62. I plan to relax my restrictions for the next week, which contains Canada Day, my birthday, my wedding anniversary and a weekend motorcycle trip with 3 other couples. After that, starting on the 8th or so, I plan to get back to Whole30 until I reach my goal weight of 135 lbs. I am at 141.5 lbs this morning, down 13 lbs in the past 2 months. Unfortunately, that just gets me back to the weight range I was at last summer. I have been in the upper 130's/lower 140's for the past 5 years or so, after losing 18 lbs in 2007. Due to multiple stressors last fall, I fell off the primal wagon and put on over 15 lbs.

My "relaxation" plans for the next week are pretty moderate. Mainly allowing myself some (non-bloating) alcoholic beverages, maybe a bit of dairy, like good cheese, maybe a bit of sugar (like on fresh local strawberries that someone else has prepared), maybe rice. I can't see needing to eat any gluten grains or sugar in baking.

So, I'll switch my allegiance from the Whole30 in June thread to this one, starting tomorrow, but with the understanding that I will be starting on July 8.
    Last edited by marthat; 06-30-2012 at 10:50 AM. Reason: correct spelling

CaveCanem is offline Member
    I need to check back in to the whole 30 for June to cheer all those who are crossing the finish line. I made it three weeks and then had an unexpected trip. Unfortunately I have a ton a traveling this year, so the next whole thirty days without a trip isn't until September. But. I am thinking about following the whole thirty protocol as many days of the week as possible and really working on my eating while traveling issues. I know it's not a whole thirty, but I like the reinforcement of hanging with a whole thirty crowd.

How I handled getting back on track from my trip. I drove in Wednesday afternoon and went straight to the grocery store without even gracing the couch. Thursday morning I made a huge kettle of chili and prepped an equally huge kettle of chicken curry. I got myself immediately back on track without the usual chorus of tomorrow! Tomorrow! I'll do it tomorrow! Also, though I think long term IF'ing isn't for me, I ate in a narrower window for two days and kept the carbs rock bottom. Now, I feel back on track. Oh, and I took lots of walks the last three days.

Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    I WANT TO DO THIS. It's basically impossible though living with my parents. I'm fine with the 80/20 for now
    Billie trips balls

Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast