Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Whole30 for July page 9

TLoRu is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Hi all! Don't forget to check out the Whole30 website! They have a great forum. I use the search feature all the time to find out about certain foods and get ideas for recipes. I've even written on their Facebook page and Melissa Hrtwig (author of ISWF) has written me back! Last night I posted about having anxiety about reintegration and I got a brilliant reply. Pretty cool!

Wendlyland, I use olive oil and sometimes balsamic vinegar. Avacado, salt, and pepper also add some different flavor to the salad too!

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Marthat posted an avocado dressing a few pages back. Looks yummy.

And I added Melissa Hartwig as a "friend" on Facebook yesterday. Asked her if she'd give me a discount for buying a ton of books for friends and family that need it. lol Sadly, there isn't one... but she touted Amazon's free shipping and the overall discounted price on Amazon.
    Last edited by jenn26point2; 07-09-2012 at 01:09 PM.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

marthat is offline Senior Member
    I open a small can of yellowfin tuna in olive oil and pour the whole thing over my salad. That plus pepper and celery salt makes a nice salad dressing for me. I'm not a big vinegar fan. An avocado in the salad makes it even creamier. My daily staple lunch.

I'm craving something, but not sure what. I think I want sweet and chewy. yeah... I think that's what I want. I'm on day 8... I can't believe I'm still craving sweets.

Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    I'm craving something, but not sure what. I think I want sweet and chewy. yeah... I think that's what I want. I'm on day 8... I can't believe I'm still craving sweets.
    Dried apricots?

That would be nice if it wasn't 9 pm and both my kids were in bed with no one to watch them... lol I picked at some watermelon and did some dishes instead.

This morning my scale read 195. It's moving again!!

So, my week off is over. I had Canada Day party, my birthday, my girlfriend's birthday, my anniversary and a 2 day motorcycle trip. I have had gluten grains twice, cheese more than a few times. Alcohol several times (several episodes of wine, a ceasar). Other meals have remained Whole30 compliant. My weight has jumped an enormous 5.5 lbs in the past week. From a low of 141.5 the two days before going "off-plan" to a high of 147 yesterday. Starting to drop again, at 146.5 this morning. All bloat, or is it the re-introduction of dairy? Who knows?

I plan to remain 100% primal, not Whole30. I want the cheese back in my life, a bit of alcohol with friends now and then. I'm still staying away from almost all sugar and grains, legumes (except soy sauce). So, I'll likely not post here much more, as I"m not Whole30 compliant any longer. Back to my own thread. But I'll check in...

I'm still heading for the 130's...

islandwahine is offline Member
    I failed...had a bad day yesterday. Spent almost 2 hours preparing dinner for my hubby, my sister who's visiting and kids. I figured I would eat leftovers and I would be fine...while I was starving and decided you know what screw it...I got up and made me a plate of shoyu chicken (a Hawaiian dish made with soy sauce, sugar, garlic and ginger) macaroni salad and some rice..I was full and was actually happy I got to eat the something my family ate until..3-5 minutes..I was face down in the toilet....everything came right back up...I felt horrible...So lesson learned.. absolutely no going back to the way I used to eat.

Going to make me some coffee and move forward....

Annika is offline Senior Member
    Wow! Kind of a rough lesson, but you sure learned something!

My Whole30 has been going well. I had a very stressful day yesterday, and my husband was drinking wine before dinner - I'm not much of a drinker, but I REALLY wanted a glass of wine. It surprised me that alcohol would be something I really craved. We are a third of the way through the month!
    My blog: Pretty Good Paleo
    On Twitter: @NEKLocalvore

spughy is offline Senior Member
    Well I got through my few days on the farm with no hiccups! Well, maybe... was served some sausages the first night that may not have been completely 100% ok, but they were high quality from a reputable local butcher that doesn't normally use fillers and crap, so should have been all right. There was just no ingredients label for me to check. Otherwise it was all eggs, greenery, squash, more eggs, more greenery, fish (caught by my 6-year-old daughter, no less), one or two bits of good salami, and raw-milk cheese. I am very tired right now but I suspect that is more due to 2 days of hard physical labour than a lack of anything in my diet. I haven't had any "carb flu" or anything. Looking forward to dinner of roasted chicken leg and whatever vegetables are left in the fridge. I think that's green beans & mo qua - oh and I have some tomatoes as well - I think that calls for skillet veggies...yum! And my husband's with the kid at his parents' place so I can add ONIONS!!!!! (I love 'em, rest of the family hates 'em... it sucks to be me at dinnertime sometimes...)

Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast