Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Whole30 for July page 7

marthat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Day 5 Non-Whole30: Yesterday I stayed perfectly Whole30 compliant until the evening, when I went to visit my girlfriend for her birthday celebration. Our birthdays are 2 days apart, same age, so we always celebrate together. We had wine, good organic cheese, fresh peas in the pod, cherries, while out on their boat. Then came back to her house for decaf coffee and birthday cake. I ate cake - first sugar or grains in over 2 months. It was OK, very light. But nothing like a mouth explosion of flavour or anything.

B: Bulletproof coffee. L: Leftover baked lake trout and beets with ghee - lots. Iced tea. S: Bison brisket in the crockpot with tomatos, balsamic vinegar, red wine, spices, olives. Brussel sprouts with ghee. Eve: Birthday celebration as above.

Today is my anniversary - 27 yrs - "event" number 4 of the 5 "events" this week. However, since we are going away for the weekend (event #5), we have decided that we won't be going out to celebrate tonight. So today will be a Whole30 compliant day. I'm actually looking forward to that. And the organic Austrian cheese is finally gone, so that temptation is no longer here.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Happy birthday and 27th Anniversary, Martha! What an accomplishment! 27 years is amazing!

Enjoy your Whole30 day and your fun filled weekend!

Yesterday was another Whole30 compliant day. I am reading "It Starts with Food" and it has completely changed the way I see food. Amazing information. Eye opening, to say the least. I can't wait to jump back into it.

I was just in the kitchenette at work mixing up my 3 eggs for nukes scrambled eggs and a guy commented on my breakfast. He says "What are you doing? Baking a cake?" I said "Nope. Making scrambled eggs". He heard my sausage in the microwave and asked if I was making bacon. I said "no, it's sausage". He commented "what's your cholesterol like?" I said "perfect". He goes "ah, one of the lucky ones". I said "no, I just eat right". He commented that his was high and the doctor says he has to take medication. I told him mine was borderline high until I started eating Paleo. He asked what that meant and I said "Animals, fruits and veggies only". He questioned the saturated fats and I told him animal fats are not the ones that are bad for us, the fats in vegetable, canola and peanut and other types of oils like that are where the bad fats come from. I casually threw in there that I've lost 25 lbs as well. lol

I really hate CW and what it's done to people's minds with regard to food.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

marthat is offline Senior Member
    Thanks, Jenn! Hubby and I met before university, so waited 7 yrs to get married. Together 34 years altogether.

Nice conversation. Maybe it will bear fruit...

I had leftover bison brisket for lunch, some microwaved cauliflower, but I was hankering after something else. I have over-ripe bananas, so I made myself a paleo chocolate muffin for dessert. One banana, an egg, a tbsp almond meal, a tbsp coconut oil, and a tbsp of cocoa. It made a bread and butter plate sized "cake" about 3/4" thick. It was rich and filling and I am stuffed and sated, both physically and in terms of flavour. Not totally Whole30 compliant, but certainly Paleo/Primal-compliant. Who says you can't have sweet treats on this WOE?

lmac1210 is offline Junior Member
    Me, my wife and two kids (14 and 18) are doing this starting Monday July, 9th! I just read Robb Wolf's book and they have agreed to give it the 30 days. Should be very interesting!!!! We are cleaning out the cabinets this weekend and then heading to Earth Fare to get week 1 groceries. I teach school so I get to be the chef for this 30 days and am really excited to give it a try! Hopefully we are setting ourselves up for a new lifestyle!!!

Congratulations, LMAC, on getting your family onboard! How exciting! This month will be great for you and your family!

Comma is offline Senior Member
    All right, today I had a small 1/4 slice of flourless chocolate cake, 1 french fry (didn't even taste good) and a teaspoon of whipped cream. I'm having guests all month long, so I'll hop off the waggon now, I suppose.

After 7 days: didn't have cravings, energy is fine (no need for naps), only get slowly weak when very hungry but not irriated or must-eat-now....should be fat adapted. On the bad side, I gained weight on this and am just as bloated as before (thought it was the dairy, but apparently not).

I will try this again next month! Good luck haning in, everyone!

You don't have to leave, Comma... just climb back on. It's not about perfection. What else are you eating? Maybe we can find the source of your bloating??

Tonight I am craving sugar like NONE OTHER! Day 5 for me. I'd have to look at the timeline again, but I think today is the last typical day of KILL ALL THE THINGS. I could really go for some poppable sugar - or some ice cream. Not a good way to feel. Maybe I'll eat some fruit instead - pineapple and mandarin oranges should do the trick.

I hope all are having a good Friday!

spughy is offline Senior Member
    Hey! Can I join? I know I'm a bit late. I'm just finishing a raw-milk-and-veg stint (3 days) and hopping onto the Whole30 tomorrow... with one fairly major modification - I do kinda-sorta-volunteer work at a small (very small) organic cowshare-run dairy, and I get paid in dairy products. Given that I've tested my tolerance for dairy in the past and have found that my insides work BETTER with dairy running through them (especially fermented raw dairy), I'm going to keep consuming my pay. But I will NOT eat any commercial dairy, no cheese or cream or butter, just what I can make from my own 3 cows. (Well, they're part mine, anyhow. And I milk 'em.) So while yes, I'm consuming dairy, it's all grass-fed, raw, Jersey milk.

I'm not into weighing myself anymore, just going by how clothes fit. And I have to say, 3 days of nothing but raw milk, raw vegetables and a few bits of raw milk cheese (mostly for the sodium and a bit of extra fat) really does good things for the fit of my pants. Looking forward to the Whole30!

(Oh, except I do need to have one night of non-approved food - I don't care what Dallas & Melissa say about just saying no - it's my husband's grandma's 97th birthday on the 21st and I WILL be eating the traditional Chinese food served that evening. Not doing so would cause much more offense than it's worth. I might be able to stick to fish, meat & veg but I certainly won't escape seed oils, sugar and corn starch.)

Annika is offline Senior Member
    Day 6 down. So far it has been pretty easy. My first real challenge happened tonight. I ate in a restaurant; it went OK but not great. I ordered a steak and asked for extra veggies instead of potato, but the veggies came with a small amount of cheese grated on top, which I did my best to pick off and avoid. I didn't ask what the veggies were cooked in, and I ate the balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing, so I probably ate some bad oils. I was out with friends and felt self-conscious about asking a bunch of questions and making a lot of requests about the food.
    My blog: Pretty Good Paleo
    On Twitter: @NEKLocalvore

TLoRu is offline Senior Member
    Annika, I always find this to be a huge challenge as well. Eating out is always difficult. I do the same as you and keep it simple w fish, or meat and extra veggies. I was out in montauk last weekend, asked for double veggies and they came soaked in butter. Did my best to avoid, but I can only do so much when Im w a group of people. At this point I'm about 37 days in, so I'm more nervous about getting sick while out from eating something non compliant!

Spughy, sounds like you're dedicated to knowing what works for your body! The whole30 should be cake for you!! Welcome aboard!

Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast