Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Whole30 for July page 6

Annika is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Comma View Post
    Day 4 and feel terrible, mostly due to fever from summer cold that won't go away....also no weight loss whatever, so no motivation from that corner. THis is where I usually throw in the towel (yes, that soon) and say screw it, I feel terrible, this doesn't work for me. Not sure what I think is not working, as is all good stuff and couldn't think of any other way of eating that works better. Pffft. Stupid self-sabotage....
    Comma, maybe you are not eating enough carbs, or enough food in general? I'm finding it quite hard to get enough food in me and need to plan better. My meals consist of good food, but there needs to be more of it.
    My blog: Pretty Good Paleo
    On Twitter: @NEKLocalvore

Comma is offline Senior Member
    Hm, maybe you are right. I thought I was eating a ton yesterday, but was grazing all day, no lunch, cooked too little meat for dinner, then had huge plate of bacon and apple late at night...icky. Just had only an egg for breakfast as I didn't feel like bacon or avocado or sunflower seeds or anyhting else I could think of. Maybe I'll have a coffee with coconut oil to catch up.

I have a huge lump behind my jaw, is that a swollen lymph node?

marthat is offline Senior Member
    Day 4 Non-Whole30: Last night (my birthday) we had neighbours over for wine and cheese and veggies. All Primal, but not Whole30 compliant. I ate too much of the amazing organic Austrian cheese. Weight this morning had bounced up over 2lbs, up a total of 3 lbs in the last 4 days since relaxing Whole30.

So today, I was back on the wagon. B: Bacon and 2 eggs, coffee black. L: Leftover cooked broccoli and cauliflower with ghee, goose liver pate, 3 apricots, iced tea, home-made strawberry/avocado/coconut milk popsicle. P.M. I was hungry and prowling for food, so had about 10 macadamias, plus another apricot. S: BBQ teriyaki lake trout. Baby beets with ghee, iced tea. Eve: another popsicle - it's really hot out!

Still 2 more "events" this week. My anniversary and a weekend away with other couples on a motorcycle rally.

Exercise: Ripping down walls at our reno project!

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Remember last month (well, the last two months) where I'd been fighting a cough? I finished the antibiotic that caused my gut flora to keel over, but the cough remains. The full sinus cavity remains. I don't know what to do at this point. I need to get up the courage to try a neti pot and see if that helps at all.

Yesterday was awesome as far as my food choices went. My foods yesterday include bacon, pineapple, strawberries, bananas, mandarin oranges, raspberries, baked catfish (sauted first in ghee), watermelon, cantaloupe, sweet potatoes cooked in coconut oil, a few carrots, chicken with tomato basil seasoning, grilled green pepper, and shrimp in ghee. All primal and all Whole30 - even while faced with cake, ice cream, potato salad, and fried fish. I don't know if anyone was offended or not, and quite honestly I don't care. They'll be the ones with GI issues and excess inflammation causing them pain today, not me.

If anyone would have asked, I would have said "no offense, but eating that [fill in the blank] will give me the shits and make my hip hurt. No thanks." lol

I was hoping to see a loss today as a result of my good behavior, but alas, no loss. 198 again today. Oh well... It's only Day 4 for me.

I'm gonna grab some breakie... hungry.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

nopie is offline Senior Member
    I had a really good day yesterday but after dinner I decided to have a spoon of coconut butter because it wasn't a super high fat meatl. (ground lamb made into a marinra type sauce over garlic scabes and ribbons of yellow and green zucchini- aka- spaghetti LOL)

Anyways I got super snack-ish after this and called my friend (also doing a W30) to distract myself from my urge to graze.

Made a lime/mint water and boom- totally satisifed. I think the sour taste helps me to curb the urge to eat carbs or something.

Feeling pretty awesome. I want to start getting more activity in. Ideas for someone who works a full time desk job and has 5 kids at home? LOL

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nopie View Post
    someone who works a full time desk job and has 5 kids at home? LOL
    How in the world do you afford daycare???
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comma is offline Senior Member
    Day 5 and while I had no carb flu, I have a big fat summer cold that lingers. Also I surprisingly found myself morphing in and out of kill all of the things yesterda. Much better today. I want to make it to day 8 to see if I get that awsome energy. If not, it is hello dairy! I'm also maintaining weight. Unbelievable how hard it is to loose this swim ring.

nopie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    How in the world do you afford daycare???
    Two of them are my boyfriend's kids anyways. They are in community run day-camps for the summer- they go to school in the fall. (They are ages 5-10)

And I get a bit of a childcare subsidy.

c_bolton12 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Your dad being primal is so awesome. I'd love it.
    It is fantastic. Plus it makes my mom more conscious of how much wheat she eats, even if she doesnt want to go full primal.

We went out for dinner Tuesday night and I got salmon with salad to start. It was beautiful yesterday for the Fourth and having my parents around was fun. My dad and I went for a walk in the morning, picked a coffee up for my mom on the way back (we wake up earlier than her) then made eggs and bacon for breakfast. Then we headed to the Union Square farmer's market, aka, my favorite place ever. Got tons of local grown organic veggies, berries, and some sugar plums and picked up some grass fed beef steaks to make a fantastic dinner.

Today I was still a little full from dinner so just had a banana for breakfast. I'll have leftover chili, zucchini and squash for lunch and probably some pork for dinner.

Hope everyone is doing well!
    It is always too early to quit.
    Went primal- 02/25/12, height: 5'6", starting weight: 143.0, current weight: 133.8

"Doubt never stops. Neither do you."- Prove People Wrong.
    http://www.provepeoplewrong.com/

TLoRu is offline Senior Member
    Hey all! Hope everyone got through the 4th w no problems! I enjoyed myself by hanging w family and staying 100% paleo. Lots of pressures to drink and play pool beer pong, but honestly didnt even want to! Sipped my water and coconut water and watched people do dumb things and feel awful ha!

Went to the beach w my mom this am, I packed a cold pork chop and apple slices. My mom laughed when I tore into the chop on the beach. Had some black iced coffee from the cabana and called it good.

Great circuit at the gym: squats, Burpees, jump lunges, spiderman planks X4
    I was dripping and couldn't move my legs. People continue to ask what I'm training for. Haha, just staying fit people! Let me be!

Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast