Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Whole30 for July page 5

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by c_bolton12 View Post
    Might skip lunch because my parents are coming in tonight and my dad (also primal) will want to eat a big meal.
    Your dad being primal is so awesome. I'd love it.

Day 2 Plan:

B:
    2 eggs scrambled with green peppers and onion
    fruit salad
    4 slices bacon

L:
    2-4oz pork loins
    steamed green beans tossed with bacon and garlic
    6 or 8 sweet potato fries

D:
    grilled chicken
    steamed carrots with ghee and parsley picked fresh from the garden
    maybe some jicama - just gotta find a recipe to use.

Movement: walk with Work Friend - if she didn't choose to run errands instead. If so, I'll walk alone.

90* day out there today with an expected high of 98*. Not cool, yo. I'll be glad when this heat dies a bit this weekend. 86* is going to feel like spring or fall after this upper 90's crap! lol
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

islandwahine is offline Member
    The first few days going great! I decided to cut out my planned insanity/P90X workouts and added walking up hill 3/4 of a mile and jogging/ sprinting/ walking down depends on how I feel..I love the freedom of just walking...I will be adding in a LHT day sometime this week as well..I'm eating great as well..I look forward to the rest of the month!!

Happy Birthday Martha!!!!

TLoRu is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like everyone is doing so well! Keep it up! I've been hitting the gym like a crazy person. I have boundless energy, so I'm taking advantage.

As for the food, just some insight to those of you just starting out this wk. the first wk was the hardest for me in June! Once I figured out some good options and adapted a bit, it was much easier. So if you're struggling with the food aspect, keep going!!!

TLoRu is offline Senior Member
    Oh and happy birthday Martha!!!

Annika is offline Senior Member
    Day 3 down. I've been having no cravings or difficulty with forbidden foods, but I am having trouble eating enough. It's hard to get enough fat without eating any dairy!

Today I had:
    Early AM: A cup of coffee w/ 1 Tbs coconut oil
    Mid-AM: 2 hardboiled eggs w/ fish roe & another cup of coffee w/ 1 Tbs coconut oil
    Lunch: salad w/ canned smoked herring
    Snack: handful of walnuts
    Dinner: grilled sausage, grilled onions/peppers/garlic (w/ olive oil), tomato-basil salad.

Not much food! I'm tempted to put it in to Sparkpeople to figure out how much of everything I had.

EDIT: just ran it though Sparkpeople. I need to eat a LOT more food, and more protein. I barely broke 1000 calories! I better go have some coconut milk with berries for dessert.
    My blog: Pretty Good Paleo
    On Twitter: @NEKLocalvore

Annika, I'm at sparkpeople too, with the same screenname. Add me if you'd like.

Tonight I stopped by the tiny farmer's market to see about getting another veggie for dinner. I didn't find any veggies (it's really small on Tuesdays, just a handful of vendors) but I did stop by the lady's stand who sells cheese mixes (for adding to cheeses). She had a sun-dried tomato and basil seasoning to be put in cream cheese for a bagel spread. I chose to use the seasoning to dress up our chicken tonight. So yummy! I'll be doing it again for sure.

Craving sugary snacks - I guess. I want to pop everything in my mouth - fruit snacks, mini-marshmallows, chocolate milk, pudding packs - yes, all of these things are in my house. Kids and hubby are not primal. It's been tough. Made up some more fruit salad and instantly had a big bowl of it to stave off the cravings. These cravings make me fearful of tomorrow. MIL made cake for everyone to enjoy tomorrow. And she's got oatmeal cookies too. Her house is a Primal/Whole30 nightmare. Wish me luck!

And strength... send strength. lol

Annika is offline Senior Member
    Hi Jenn26, I'm not on Sparkpeople much at all. This was the first time I tracked my food in many months. I think I'll do it every once in a while - it was illuminating!
    My blog: Pretty Good Paleo
    On Twitter: @NEKLocalvore

Comma is offline Senior Member
    Day 4 and feel terrible, mostly due to fever from summer cold that won't go away....also no weight loss whatever, so no motivation from that corner. THis is where I usually throw in the towel (yes, that soon) and say screw it, I feel terrible, this doesn't work for me. Not sure what I think is not working, as is all good stuff and couldn't think of any other way of eating that works better. Pffft. Stupid self-sabotage....

nopie is offline Senior Member
    SO I weighed myself last night. I hadn't intended to for the duration but I was involved in this "biggest loser" thing and wanted my final weight. Stupid for a few reasons, not the least of which being it's shark week and I weighed myself just before dinner. Ah well.

Anyways. I've been getting into this Bulletproof Coffee for breakfast thing. Yesterday I had my coffee with 1TBS of pastured ghee, and 1 TBS of organic coconut oil. I was good until 2pm when I ate my lunch, steak, sauteed spinach, and green pepper slices.

I was pretty hungry again by dinner (probably should have had more at lunch), but had to go grocery shopping first. We went out for dinner- I got salmon with crushed pistachios on top and grilled veggies (they even used olive oil for me on the veggies by request).

I had 2 spoonfuls of coconut butter at home and 1/2 a banana.

Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast